Author Topic: What would be a good result vs Carlton?  (Read 2985 times)

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: What would be a good result vs Carlton?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 05:55:39 PM »
Tigers by a point!   :gotigers
There's nothing like a good fashioned ugly win .... the uglier the better!    ;D
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 07:18:33 PM »
Typical Richmond win over a lowly side.

Ugly, some hack tagger like Curnow takes Cotchin out of the game, we control the game but don't score enough so Carlton always have a sniff, lots of mistakes from Chaplin, McIntosh, Townsend, Moore, Hampson and Griffiths.

In short, a frustrating win that raises more questions than it answers.

I've seen that movie before......sadly I think you are on the money.

Chaplin points his finger a lot but gets spanked by some nobody

Grigg gets 25 touches in te defensive 50 kickin sideways majestically

Watch that ball spin through the air.  Spin spin spin like a ginger rat on a play wheel.

This is as good as it gets  :gotigers
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 08:16:54 PM »
A win first and foremost, with no more injuries

Margin will take care of itself

Good Richmomd needs to show up, respect the opposition  (by that i mean not thinking the result is a given) and things will take care of themselves

Seriously, no matter what the margin ends up being I've no doubt  it won't be enough for some
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 08:28:10 PM »
anything over 60 points is a good win on Thursday night.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 08:44:08 PM »
If I won 10 grand.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 09:55:58 PM »
An unimpressive win which would give both types of supporters something to go on with

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 11:55:53 PM »
Going around the sites all i have read is how good we are and how freakin poor they are,  they are in a battle for the spoon.
There is only one result that is acceptable and thats a good old fashioned demolition job. That is if we are a good side.

Personally I think they have an outside  chance of winning and   have placed a moderate bet on them winning at good odds.

Yep if we are a top 4 side we will smash them off the park regardless of injuries.I will be more than happy to lose my bet, but if we lose i will at least get something out of it all.

Are we a good side or not.7th year of the current rebuild there are no more excuses its time to put up or stuff off.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 06:37:10 AM »
Going around the sites all i have read is how good we are and how freakin poor they are,  they are in a battle for the spoon.
There is only one result that is acceptable and thats a good old fashioned demolition job. That is if we are a good side.

Personally I think they have an outside  chance of winning and   have placed a moderate bet on them winning at good odds.

Yep if we are a top 4 side we will smash them off the park regardless of injuries.I will be more than happy to lose my bet, but if we lose i will at least get something out of it all.

Are we a good side or not.7th year of the current rebuild there are no more excuses its time to put up or stuff off.

What about injuries to our key players Dad, can we use that as an excuse for another year on the merry go round ?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2016, 02:11:05 PM »

What about injuries to our key players Dad, can we use that as an excuse for another year on the merry go round ?
Which key players would that be.There is only one A grader missing in Deledio . If going into year 7 we cant smash the wooden spooners with just 5 injuries then we are not a good side.
Are you implying the likes of Conca, Grigg, Maric, and an inconsistent  bloke who hasn't even played a game for us in Yarran is going to mean we drop away, ffs they have  all been  maligned at some stage  and  are average players. Are you saying we dont have adequate replacements for average players? What the hell have they been doing for 6 yrs? We are either top 4 or we are not.They have either built something good or they haven't. Yr 7 there should be no excuses unless the bar is set awfully low.They need to win and win damn well if want people to take em seriously.

Opening game of the year the whole footy world watching a few injuries or not against the spooners we should smash em if we are a good side.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2016, 02:23:49 PM »
That's correct.
Anyone who disagrees is a moron
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2016, 05:31:45 PM »
That's correct.

Are you saying anyone who disagrees with us being a good side is a moron.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 05:55:10 PM by one-eyed »

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2016, 05:34:59 PM »
Can someone Booo Daryl and the horses for me - Ill be drinking beer at Punt Rd and won be able to make it for the "Entertainment"  :cheers

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2016, 09:07:08 PM »
That's correct.

Are you saying anyone who disagrees with us being a good side is a moron.
Nope im pretty sure ox is saying people want to keep their cake and eat it too.
Do you think we should be making any sort of wxcuses for them when you look at the big picture. We are either a contender this year or we are not if people think we are then there can be no excuses at all playing the wooden spooners on a very big stage a few injuries or not.
Where is the line drawn for people are we going to accept mediocrity like we always do or are we going to demand results.Personally i dont think we will make the 8 but its not about what i think.
Its about two yr exrensions supporter hype club spin and the simple fact it is yr 7 it is time for them to put up or get out.

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2016, 10:06:29 PM »
ERRRGHV HHAHAHAHA ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

can't wait until we win some games.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:02:07 AM by one-eyed »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2016, 04:14:53 PM »
Just win and no more injuries (touchwood  :pray).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd