Author Topic: Shane tuck  (Read 40444 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shane tuck
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2015, 11:00:47 AM »
I can't remember making jokes when Nason got KO'd in his boxing debut and got carried out on a stretcher.
Well I'll admit, you got me there....... :rollin

Look here's the thing. You have been shown up on this occasion so own it like a man and we all move on.

tucky get well soon brother even though yellow brick road is a heartless wench
Shown up to who? The lynch mob  You guys only feel brave when you gang up on one person. You're the bunch of wenches.
Just show me what I have said that belittles his head injury. Go on. Show some kahunas. Instead of criticism why dont you actually go back and demonstrate what was so disrespectful.  As I keep saying, the comment referred to his loss in the ring. Just like our footy team lost the EF. Did he not lose? Sure he got knocked out and that is terrible for him and his family but he also knew the risks. On the footy field you expect your head to be protected. In the ring it's the target.  Or can't you see the difference?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 03:31:51 PM by WilliamPowell »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2015, 11:10:50 AM »
The longer this goes on, the worse you look pal. My hope is that mods dont save you this time. This should be on display for everyone to see who you really are pal

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2015, 02:41:28 PM »
The longer this goes on, the worse you look pal. My hope is that mods dont save you this time. This should be on display for everyone to see who you really are pal
Not sure about that. I've already had pm's displaying support for me. And why are you such a coward for changing your username? Be a man and stop being a chameleon to protect yourself. As if we don't know who you really are (former poster wise that is).
And you still haven't had the guts or intelligence to answer my question. What did I say that belittled Tuck with regards to his head injury?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2015, 03:09:26 PM »
Not sure about that. I've already had pm's displaying support for me.

:clapping me too. Few choice words about your "joke"

And you still haven't had the guts or intelligence to answer my question. What did I say that belittled Tuck with regards to his head injury?

Here's a quote of your original post

Stretched out of the ring!! Will not fight again.
Must have been told the bout was an elimination final... :shh

You directly quoted a post where someone mentions he was stretchered off due to being knocked out. If you are honestly trying to convince us (and yourself) that you were not making a 'knocked out' joke (as in knocked out of the fight and knocked out of finals) you are delusional. What other meaning behind it could be there? You claim it was about the fight but you aren't fooling anyone.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2015, 03:21:47 PM »
Um, without wishing to place a target on my back or looking to take sides, i reckon the doc is man of integrity and honor. I am sure that if he offended people it was without intention. His posts before this controversial one usually have  been with insight and without malice.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2015, 03:24:52 PM »

:clapping me too. Few choice words about your "joke"

Here's a quote of your original post

Stretched out of the ring!! Will not fight again.
Must have been told the bout was an elimination final... :shh

You directly quoted a post where someone mentions he was stretchered off due to being knocked out. If you are honestly trying to convince us (and yourself) that you were not making a 'knocked out' joke (as in knocked out of the fight and knocked out of finals) you are delusional. What other meaning behind it could be there? You claim it was about the fight but you aren't fooling anyone.
Another .....
Well, you still haven't showed where I have made fun of his actual head injury. Boxers get knocked out all of the time, or do they not? Richmond gets knocked out of the EF. Yes that is the comparison, but nowhere do I make fun of the fact he sustained a severe head injury? I hadn't even seen the bout when I made that quote so I didn't even know he had been sent to hospital. All I knew was he had been knocked out and hence the quote. You're making out that I made fun of his actual injury which I haven't. But hey you're part of the lynch mob and so subtleties like that are far too difficult for you to comprehend. I shouldn't be surprised at all.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 03:32:23 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2015, 03:41:22 PM »
SNIP  :banghead :banghead

keep the personal insults off the forum and stick to discussing the issues / topics

And a reminder and this has been in place from the day this site started in 2004

We have no issue with people quoting things from other sites as long as they referenced correctly

But what we do have an issue with people potting other sites that they may have issues with via OER.

If you have a problem with another site or posters on those others sites don't bring it to OER. We haven't tolerated in the past and we won't tolerate it now.

Not interested in the hows, whos or whys just keep it off here

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2015, 03:43:10 PM »
No one said you think it's funny because Tucky got hurt, we are saying you made a distasteful joke which made light of his situation. Whether it was your intention or not, it is what you did. I cannot believe you continue to defend what you said. Instead of admitting it was a joke in poor taste, you are trying to twist what people have said in response. You're moving away from what the point is, and you're doing it by insulting users.

If you are a man/woman of integrity like GoRicho says, just apologise and move on. No one will hold it against you and nor should they. Everyone says the wrong thing occasionally.

But back to Tucky, has anyone got an update on how he is feeling?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2015, 03:44:55 PM »

;D
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2015, 03:59:33 PM »
But back to Tucky, has anyone got an update on how he is feeling?

On last night Ch7 news they reported he was still in hospital under observation

Haven't read or heard that he's been released

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2015, 04:58:18 PM »

Well, you still haven't showed where I have made fun of his actual head injury. Boxers get knocked out all of the time, or do they not? Richmond gets knocked out of the EF. Yes that is the comparison, but nowhere do I make fun of the fact he sustained a severe head injury? I hadn't even seen the bout when I made that quote so I didn't even know he had been sent to hospital. All I knew was he had been knocked out and hence the quote. You're making out that I made fun of his actual injury which I haven't. But hey you're part of the lynch mob and so subtleties like that are far too difficult for you to comprehend. I shouldn't be surprised at all.

I'm sorry but you are just not making sense.

Boxers get knocked out all of the time, or do they not? Richmond gets knocked out of the EF. Yes that is the comparison

You chose to make the joke on this exact comparison? How is that not making fun of the situation? I guess anyone getting knocked out is a funny situation

You must of also understood how serious it was when you directly quoted another poster mentioned that he was stretchered out of the ring.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2015, 05:42:32 PM »

I'm sorry but you are just not making sense.

Boxers get knocked out all of the time, or do they not? Richmond gets knocked out of the EF. Yes that is the comparison

You chose to make the joke on this exact comparison? How is that not making fun of the situation? I guess anyone getting knocked out is a funny situation

You must of also understood how serious it was when you directly quoted another poster mentioned that he was stretchered out of the ring.
I guess the bottom line is that if it was inappropriate the mods would have removed it. We don't need posters like yourself being the judge, jury and executioner.
So take a deep breath, believe me when I say it wasn't meant to disrespect Tuck and just move on.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2015, 07:13:46 PM »
YBB you generally sound like a well informed lad but like chunk when he was  caught by the fratellis, there comes a time when you just have to bend over and take your medicine son. We have all been there, and whilst it sucks sometimes it just has to be done. :thumbsup

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2015, 07:23:18 PM »
I've read some dribble in my time but seriously lads.......
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2015, 10:16:00 PM »
Fights over. /thread ?