Author Topic: Shane tuck  (Read 40915 times)

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
Re: Shane tuck
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2015, 10:51:56 PM »
didn't have his guard up silly boy

Hands up ffs

Yep dropped his hands.

guess not. hope he's okay, keep your guard up shaneo

I think it is a tad insensitive, to say to a guy after he has been knocked out, that he should have had his guard up.
Do you reckon he wants to hear this.
Imagine going up to an injured teammate on the footy field and telling him to protect himself better next time  ::)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2015, 11:03:50 PM »
Bad analogies - they're like rain on your wedding day....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2015, 11:08:31 PM »
you might get knocked out you keep talking like that...unless you keep your guard up
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2015, 11:52:36 PM »
you might get knocked out you keep talking like that...unless you keep your guard up

I have had my guard up from about 1983 onwards, unlikely to suddenly drop it now  :snidegrin

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2015, 01:16:23 AM »

I guess the bottom line is that if it was inappropriate the mods would have removed it. We don't need posters like yourself being the judge, jury and executioner.
So take a deep breath, believe me when I say it wasn't meant to disrespect Tuck and just move on.

Nothing to do with inappropriate but nice try. Purely just very poor taste.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 04:04:18 AM by one-eyed »

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2015, 10:59:43 AM »

I guess the bottom line is that if it was inappropriate the mods would have removed it. We don't need posters like yourself being the judge, jury and executioner.
So take a deep breath, believe me when I say it wasn't meant to disrespect Tuck and just move on.

That's funny as there a so many "poor taste" posts and nobody bats an eyelid. Maybe you should go back and look at some of your own posts over your time on OER.
And if you hadn't made such an issue out of my post, we could have savoured some more quality time of being on this earth.
Which brings me to the crux of all of this. Unless I'm being disrespectful to you, I would appreciate you leaving me alone with your snipes. If you find my post offensive, report it. They are the RULES of this forum. Many posters are staying away from here because they can't stand the negativity and personal confrontation in posts that are made by people like yourself. Stop trying to be a bully whilst being an anonymous internet poster and allow people to post freely without imposing your moral values on them. As I just said if you don't like what they wrote, report them. Isn't that easy? Or are you just an antagonistic type of person?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2015, 11:05:43 AM »
this blatant disrespect must be punished!
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2015, 01:16:18 PM »
Don't worry doc, I took it how you meant it. It was a harmless joke.
I've heard a lot worse on hear than a joke about a boxer getting knocked out in a fight. After all that is the name of the game in boxing.
You step into the ring and you know that's a difinite possibility.
You never know, it might stop ex AFL footballers who think they can throw a punch think twice about getting in the ring.
Move on...

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2015, 01:29:57 PM »
didn't have his guard up silly boy

Hands up ffs

Yep dropped his hands.

guess not. hope he's okay, keep your guard up shaneo

I think it is a tad insensitive, to say to a guy after he has been knocked out, that he should have had his guard up.
Do you reckon he wants to hear this.
Imagine going up to an injured teammate on the footy field and telling him to protect himself better next time  ::)

Footy and boxing are completely different mate. First thing you're taught when you learn to fight is never drop your hands. Obviously it happens all the time though and people get
Ko'd. Tuck would know it and would be filthy on himself

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2015, 02:06:01 PM »

That's funny as there a so many "poor taste" posts and nobody bats an eyelid. Maybe you should go back and look at some of your own posts over your time on OER.
And if you hadn't made such an issue out of my post, we could have savoured some more quality time of being on this earth.
Which brings me to the crux of all of this. Unless I'm being disrespectful to you, I would appreciate you leaving me alone with your snipes. If you find my post offensive, report it. They are the RULES of this forum. Many posters are staying away from here because they can't stand the negativity and personal confrontation in posts that are made by people like yourself. Stop trying to be a bully whilst being an anonymous internet poster and allow people to post freely without imposing your moral values on them. As I just said if you don't like what they wrote, report them. Isn't that easy? Or are you just an antagonistic type of person?

Remind me of mine (since you like to follow me from forum to forum apparently) and I'll be man enough to admit if it was a mistake. We all make them.
Sorry bro but if you think I spend my time on here following you around just to "snipe" you, you are wrong. Stop being so precious. This is a forum, isn't the whole point to generate discussion? It doesn't have to be all lollipops and sunshine, some people (rightfully) like to question peoples points of view because they disagree. You couldn't handle me voicing my opinion on your post so you resorted to insults. But I'm the antagonist?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2015, 03:14:16 PM »

Remind me of mine (since you like to follow me from forum to forum apparently) and I'll be man enough to admit if it was a mistake. We all make them.
Sorry bro but if you think I spend my time on here following you around just to "snipe" you, you are wrong. Stop being so precious. This is a forum, isn't the whole point to generate discussion? It doesn't have to be all lollipops and sunshine, some people (rightfully) like to question peoples points of view because they disagree. You couldn't handle me voicing my opinion on your post so you resorted to insults. But I'm the antagonist?
You still cannot see that it DIDN'T NEED your opinion being voiced. It wasn't an opinion that was posted that can have someone disagreeing with it. It was a joke showing the irony of our EF losses by knockout. If you don't like the joke ignore it. If you find it offensive report it. Either way it didn't need you sniping at me. If you can't see that, you are a lost cause.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2015, 04:14:45 PM »

You still cannot see that it DIDN'T NEED your opinion being voiced. It wasn't an opinion that was posted that can have someone disagreeing with it. It was a joke showing the irony of our EF losses by knockout. If you don't like the joke ignore it. If you find it offensive report it. Either way it didn't need you sniping at me. If you can't see that, you are a lost cause.
So from now on if I post a joke no one is allowed to voice their opinion towards it? Hmmmm try telling that to the feminists who don't approve of sexist jokes. I'm pretty sure everyone is entitled to voice their opinion about a joke despite your objection of someone disagreeing with you. Also can you provide your definition of sniping? Responding directly to you and telling you your joke is in bad taste doesn't come under my definition of sniping.
Also if you honestly think this is some vendetta against you, you are mistaken and need to stop being so childish. Truth be told I thought you were Dooks (due to your troll attempt of copying his avatar) when I commented. It wouldn't matter if it were you, him, my good mate WAT or WP, I still would of said it.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2015, 05:34:40 PM »
You never know, it might stop ex AFL footballers who think they can throw a punch think twice about getting in the ring.

:clapping :clapping spot on big tone

Exactly, let's hope it does.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2015, 06:50:18 PM »
On Ch 7 news tonight, they had Tucky saying he wants to fight on despite being KOed.

He spent 4 days in the Alfred Hospital under observation.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2015, 11:24:24 PM »
Four days? Bloody hell. We usually keep people overnight if they've been concussed a bit. Tucky must have been absolutely smashed.

Hope he goes back to playing local footy and puts the gloves down...