Author Topic: Oleg Markov [merged]  (Read 95834 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Oleg Markov [merged]
« Reply #210 on: January 30, 2017, 04:25:30 PM »
Batch won the award for best performed both on and off the track during last weeks training camp. He is injury free at the moment and giving his all as he knows how important this year is for him on a personal note.
:clapping
Wouldn't expect Y&BB to acknowledge the kid whose been decimated by injury but this deserves recognition.
Well done Batch  :cheers
No need to get personal bringing me into the conversation. I never said Batch doesn't try and give his all. I just think he is a very limited player who has either not been allowed or just hasn't reached any great heights. That's all.

If you think that Batch and those of his ilk will win us a premiership one day then that is your opinion. I am happy to be proven wrong. Will you be willing to come forth and say you were wrong about him? I know he is the Dookster's love child, but I doubt he'll ever come on here and say it like it is if he fails again.  I have the sneaky suspicion that Dookie knows him so he'll never can him.

And on the injury front, you guys are just hypocrites. There have been several others that have been decimated by injury during their time at the club but never get their excuse recognised. They are bagged mercilessly. Why is Jake different?

Nah i dont know him.

Just supporting a guy others hope will fail. Hope thats not against site rules.
I don't think anyone wants him to fail. You are really taking things out of context. I have stated repeatedly that I hope he does well. I just don't think he will. If you can't see the difference, well, what can I say?
FWIW, I hope Hampson does well too. I doubt he will, but I wish he proves me wrong. That's where you are hypocritical. You have bagged Hampson a lot on these boards. Why don't you support him too? Wouldn't it be great if Hammer has a great season? Why cut him to ribbons? Why don't you support him as others are wishing him to fail?

Dont project your own hypocritcal and incorrect contextual standards on my posts.

I support anyone in a Richmond jumper. The difference between Batch and Hampson is at least Batch has had an excuse for playing poorly (injury). Hampson plays poor when he is fit.

And by 'others' did i mention 'you'?
LMAO.
Do you know the injuries Shaun has had to deal with over the last three years?

Ignorance is never an excuse.  Just because you think he is 100% fit doesn't mean he is.

Bloody hell. I thought you were cleverer than that.

So that's worse. You bag someone because you wrongly assume they're fit but use the same issues as an excuse on someone else for their poor output.

Not good Dooks. You're not convincing me at all that you are correct in your approach here.

Hampson played 20 matches in 2016 what excuse do you have for him last year
He played with injury though that limited him. I didn't say I rate him though. However, if Batchelor can use the excuse for poor form and playing VFL because he was carrying injuries, why can't Shaun?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: January 30, 2017, 04:45:44 PM »
Batch won the award for best performed both on and off the track during last weeks training camp. He is injury free at the moment and giving his all as he knows how important this year is for him on a personal note.
Wouldn't expect Y&BB to acknowledge the kid whose been decimated by injury but this deserves recognition.
No need to get personal bringing me into the conversation. I never said Batch doesn't try and give his all. I just think he is a very limited player who has either not been allowed or just hasn't reached any great heights. That's all.

If you think that Batch and those of his ilk will win us a premiership one day then that is your opinion. I am happy to be proven wrong. Will you be willing to come forth and say you were wrong about him? I know he is the Dookster's love child, but I doubt he'll ever come on here and say it like it is if he fails again.  I have the sneaky suspicion that Dookie knows him so he'll never can him.

And on the injury front, you guys are just hypocrites. There have been several others that have been decimated by injury during their time at the club but never get their excuse recognised. They are bagged mercilessly. Why is Jake different?

Nah i dont know him.

I don't think anyone wants him to fail. You are really taking things out of context. I have stated repeatedly that I hope he does well. I just don't think he will. If you can't see the difference, well, what can I say?
FWIW, I hope Hampson does well too. I doubt he will, but I wish he proves me wrong. That's where you are hypocritical. You have bagged Hampson a lot on these boards. Why don't you support him too? Wouldn't it be great if Hammer has a great season? Why cut him to ribbons? Why don't you support him as others are wishing him to fail?

Dont project your own hypocritcal and incorrect contextual standards on my posts.

I support anyone in a Richmond jumper. The difference between Batch and Hampson is at least Batch has had an excuse for playing poorly (injury). Hampson plays poor when he is fit.

LMAO.

Ignorance is never an excuse.  Just because you think he is 100% fit doesn't mean he is.

So that's worse. You bag someone because you wrongly assume they're fit but use the same issues as an excuse on someone else for their poor output.

Not good Dooks. You're not convincing me at all that you are correct in your approach here.

He played with injury though that limited him. I didn't say I rate him though. However, if Batchelor can use the excuse for poor form and playing VFL because he was carrying injuries, why can't Shaun?

Ahh did he now  :snidegrin

I think you will find with a bit of research that Batch's injuries were much more severe than Hampson's superficial ones

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #212 on: January 30, 2017, 05:28:08 PM »

Nah i dont know him.

LMAO.

You are assuming for some reason im here to convince you. You can hold your opinion for all i care.

As Chuck inferred, my opinion is also that Hampson played fit last year yet still dudded it up. And that is when he copped the majority of the heat on this site. When Batch was fit he was playing well.

If you want to beleive thats some sort of double standard which prejudices Hampson but not Batch, or have your own opinion of who played well and when, then by all means believe away.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: January 30, 2017, 06:35:56 PM »

Nah i dont know him.

LMAO.

Ahh did he now  :snidegrin

I think you will find with a bit of research that Batch's injuries were much more severe than Hampson's superficial ones
I think you'll find that many injuries aren't out there for public consumption! Do you actually think you know what injuries each player has? I know certain things because of my profession. Enough to know that most of you have no idea about many of the ailments players have.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #214 on: January 30, 2017, 07:10:32 PM »

Nah i dont know him.

LMAO.

You are assuming for some reason im here to convince you. You can hold your opinion for all i care.

As Chuck inferred, my opinion is also that Hampson played fit last year yet still dudded it up. And that is when he copped the majority of the heat on this site. When Batch was fit he was playing well.

If you want to beleive thats some sort of double standard which prejudices Hampson but not Batch, or have your own opinion of who played well and when, then by all means believe away.

I'm not assuming anything. When people discuss things they usually do so to let the other person understand why they believe what they do. Your opinion that Hampson played fit is incorrect. I'm not sure you want to believe that but it is what it is. You can go on believing you know otherwise but I'm telling you you are wrong. Plain and simple. Of course you can go on saying you believe this because it suits your argument and there's not much I can do to alter that.  I don't really care to be honest too.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2017, 07:39:18 PM »

Nah i dont know him.

LMAO.

I'm not assuming anything. When people discuss things they usually do so to let the other person understand why they believe what they do. Your opinion that Hampson played fit is incorrect. I'm not sure you want to believe that but it is what it is. You can go on believing you know otherwise but I'm telling you you are wrong. Plain and simple. Of course you can go on saying you believe this because it suits your argument and there's not much I can do to alter that.  I don't really care to be honest too.

No he isn't

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: January 30, 2017, 08:52:32 PM »

Nah i dont know him.

LMAO.

No he isn't
Yes he is. I'll leave it at that because I can't say anymore.
And unless you are his treating doctor, you don't know either.
And we know you are not that.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2017, 01:06:18 AM »
No need to get personal bringing me into the conversation.

But then...

I know he is the Dookster's love child, but I doubt he'll ever come on here and say it like it is if he fails again.  I have the sneaky suspicion that Dookie knows him so he'll never can him.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2017, 01:08:02 AM »
Lol.

The fishing going on with the Batch thing is gold.
I realise they are baiting but I thought this is a clear breach of forum rules.

What, just because a few of us have a different opinion suddenly we are baiting? Just because we disagree doesn't mean we are "breaching forum rules" (which is ironic btw...)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2017, 08:08:00 AM »

If you think that Batch and those of his ilk will win us a premiership one day then that is your opinion. I am happy to be proven wrong. Will you be willing to come forth and say you were wrong about him? I know he is the Dookster's love child but I doubt he'll ever come on here and say it like it is if he fails again.  I have the sneaky suspicion that Dookie knows him so he'll never can him.

Those who live in glasshouses shouldn't walk around in the nude  :shh
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2017, 09:31:40 AM »
LMAO.

You guys are clutching at straws. HRT's and my statements are miles apart.

HRT said that I wouldn't acknowledge the kid. That is BS. I have already done that if you could actually read. Just because I don't think he'll be a top player doesn't mean I haven't acknowledged that he tries very hard and you cannot criticise his endeavour.

The Dooks comments have some validity. He has been a supporter for a long time now and even recently linked a relationship to Batch through a relative (?) knowing him.

But keep on firing blanks at me guys if you think that makes you feel better. :lol

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2017, 10:35:14 AM »
 :facepalm

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2017, 01:28:28 PM »
LMAO.

HRT said that I wouldn't acknowledge the kid. That is BS. I have already done that if you could actually read. Just because I don't think he'll be a top player doesn't mean I haven't acknowledged that he tries very hard and you cannot criticise his endeavour.

The Dooks comments have some validity. He has been a supporter for a long time now and even recently linked a relationship to Batch through a relative (?) knowing him.

But keep on firing blanks at me guys if you think that makes you feel better. :lol

I know people who know him. Not family and not that close to them. Never met him. Fwiw.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2017, 05:56:22 PM »
LMAO.

I know people who know him. Not family and not that close to them. Never met him. Fwiw.

I know someone who would call his family neighbours. Saw the kid grow up. So that connection is with me, not Dooks.
You've bagged him constantly in this thread, perhaps been a little diplomatic in the way you've done but bagged him. You clapped a poster who called him out as being basically useless which I find a little insulting....
If he struggles this year, that most likely will be it for him and no one will be more disappointed that the kid himself.
His qualities as a person make his contribution to the team much more valuable because he is selfless. Great football teams have plenty of this type of person - go and have a look through premiership sides over many years and do some research.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: January 31, 2017, 06:26:38 PM »
LMAO.

I know someone who would call his family neighbours. Saw the kid grow up. So that connection is with me, not Dooks.
You've bagged him constantly in this thread, perhaps been a little diplomatic in the way you've done but bagged him. You clapped a poster who called him out as being basically useless which I find a little insulting....
If he struggles this year, that most likely will be it for him and no one will be more disappointed that the kid himself.
His qualities as a person make his contribution to the team much more valuable because he is selfless. Great football teams have plenty of this type of person - go and have a look through premiership sides over many years and do some research.
Having seen the last 4 Tiger premiership sides personally (and was around for the 5th), I think I know what type of players they have.
I don't think saying, that in my opinion, he is a bit of a plodder is "bagging" him. I have continually said he tries hard. I have said a couple of times that I hope he proves me wrong and stars this year.

FFS, if we can't even state an opinion of a player on this site without you having ago at the poster giving their opinion, what sort of site are you wanting? One that only says your opinion is correct? You even said yourself that I was diplomatic about the way I posted about Jake. Would you prefer me go all out and be derogatory and use swear words to describe him?

It's interesting that both you and Dooks have some sort of connection with Jake (Dooks distant and you closer) and this has been so obvious in the way you have attacked my opinion.

So here's an idea. Accept someone else thinks your opinion is biased and disagrees with it. Let it go without slamming that poster. Accept that many want Jake to succeed but ultimately think he won't.

As for Oleg, I think he is a wonderful young player and is as exciting a prospect we've had at the club for many years, especially as he wasn't a high pick.
Choco said again recently he is one of the best prospects he has seen in his career. We should all be celebrating the fact he is a tiger and wish him all the best and stop arguing about differing opinions.

:gotigers