Author Topic: Kings vs Clokes lol  (Read 2951 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Kings vs Clokes lol
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 12:23:02 AM »
The Clokes.. dear o dear do I have some stories.

Travis get a shocking wrap the guy is actually a really nice bloke, especially when you compare him to the rest of them.

Cameron is the bad egg.

David is just as bad as Cameron, amazingly arrogant for a guy not many people know who he is these days, and still struts and mentions his AFL career, not a great look around a junior footy club where I played with Travis. Never took on a coaching role, or took training. Occasionally did a goal umpire or running the drinks if I'm grasping at straws.

Then there is Julie Cloke..... enough said. lol
Go Tigers!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 10:56:02 AM »
Think he was coaching Ainslie up in Canberra when I had the misfortune to be posted there, St.Kilda colours.  He umpired one of our defence games.  Gave 2 frees against me too the bastard lol.  He seemed pretty quiet to be honest, didn't bignote himself or anything, most of the nuff nuffs up there didn't even know who he was.  But stuff him anyway!!! :lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 11:21:13 AM »
By 'heart' you mean willingness to go the biff? I've seen plenty with more with courage over that time.
Kingy tries hard but he is a reserve grade footballer. We are going nowhere whilst he is in our best 22.
In 30 years time no one will even remember him.

Yes, willingness to go the biff is one of things I mean by heart.
Other things include:
-Helping teammates in a contest, even if you feel absolutely buggered, you feel like your legs are gonna go beneath you, you are sucking air so hard your chest feels like it will cave in, and still going to help your team mate.
-Showing the opposition that even though they are going to win that they are going to have to do it the hard way.
-Rubbing your opponents face in the dirt after they get a possession- there hasn't been enough of that at rfc
-giving your opponent the schitts so badly that they lose their cool and do something uncharacteristic.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 11:27:59 AM »
Like him or loathe him, David Cloke was a brilliant player for the RFC.

Same can't be said for Jake King.

david cloke proved himself to be an a-hole, I mean how many captains walk out on their club  ???...and after all we did to extend his career, you would have thought he would have done everthing to repay the debt :o
Jake King's a cross breed of dog and rat's A-hole - I'll be barracking for the Clokes in the rematch!

King is a ferrat with a firecracker up his ass. Turbo ferrat.

he is worth a spot on our list with his hunger.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 06:37:43 PM »
Like him or loathe him, David Cloke was a brilliant player for the RFC.

Same can't be said for Jake King.

That might be true Mr Magic but no one in the last 20 years has shown as much heart as Jake King.
I know heart doesn't win you flags but it does count for something when you are in a 30 year premiership drought. As a supporter at least there's something to cheer for.

Rubbish Dallas.

The only thing King has shown is that he much tougher than his weak teammates. He will defend his mates when its time to go, but the buck stops there.

He is a usless player who would not get a game with most AFL clubs, if not all. I would give him one last chance in a Fwd pocket, if that fails delist him.

Nahas, Astbury and Farmer are good examples of something to cheer for. Given a chance and they took it. King is a loser who can win a fight off field but on field he is as useless as one can get. A perfect example of a player who will not be part of our push for finals

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 07:07:16 PM »
I would take King over Joel Bowden any day of the week. Why?

King makes mistakes trying to push the ball forward.
Bowden made mistakes trying to push it sideways.

At least King is trying to do something out there. Everyone else in the backline just tries not to make a mistake, and in doing so, ends up making a mistake anyway.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine