Author Topic: Trent Cotchin RFC Captain  (Read 2959 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trent Cotchin RFC Captain
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 04:19:12 PM »
leave newman as captain at the moment dont want to change to much around the club while we are learnign a new style. Definitely change him once we start to rise up over the next couple of years.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 05:14:00 PM »
Any chance replying to Cotchin being captain as early as next year instead of nominating every single player and how bad they are...
Go Tigers!

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 06:19:13 PM »
We get it.  You don't like Newman and Deledio.  You don't have to put it in every thread.

Tigermonk

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 06:26:48 PM »
Jackson and Tuck both can't kick. You can't have a captain that can't kick better than a 50% success rate.

"Do as I do, not as I say"

Come in Trent.

Tuck is a very good kick thankyou

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 06:29:00 PM »
tc worked into the game he still has a way to go to match his reputation for mine, I reralise he has missed a heap of footy and will get better ea week but he needs to begin having a real influenece on the game before proclaimations start
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

tony_montana

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 07:10:55 PM »
Jackson and Tuck both can't kick. You can't have a captain that can't kick better than a 50% success rate.

"Do as I do, not as I say"

Come in Trent.

Tuck is a very good kick thankyou

yeah nah, pretty average kick actually, and yes he's a few cards short of a deck, not captaincy material lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 07:13:08 PM »
Cotchin has done nothing yet to suggest he is captain material, in fact no one has
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 07:38:54 PM »
Cotchin has done nothing yet to suggest he is captain material, in fact no one has

thats right Daniel
Cotchin is not even a proven footballer at AFL level, his not a match winner yet
Last night l reckon l could have tagged him he was that slow & some of you think his GOD,  but his done absolutely nothing to boast about

Until he becomes a consistant player of the likes of Brent Harvey (Kangaroos)  he is just a rookie in big pants & small payments who's future is no brighter than Nahas
Richmond being the clubthey are would be rewarding him without results already,  & thats the downfall of the club that peees me off

Ox

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 07:47:14 PM »
We get it.  You don't like Newman and Deledio.  You don't have to put it in every thread.

Edit: That would be a yes from Ox  ;)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 07:56:35 PM by one-eyed »

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2010, 01:36:56 AM »
If you want to draw parallels to the Hawks where Dimma learned his trade.

Newman = Vandenberg

Will be captain till end of 2012.

After 2012 ends it is either Lids or Cotchin.
There is no other way.

Newman cannot lead us to glory. Too many bad habits infiltrating his game.
In the comfort zone and don't like it. Would love to see Dimma drop him if this attitude continues to persist.

Ramps

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 04:59:16 AM »
Id rather we try an of load him at years end. Last chance to get rid of him as a player in a player for player swap. We need a ruckman maybe Newman can be used to get one.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2010, 09:54:13 PM »
anyone notice Cotch speak to the players on the field after the siren on the field.

Leadership material that kid by geez we need something because Newman although played well doesnt give you that spark.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2010, 10:22:37 PM »
Again another introverted choice of man just like Johnson was.

A bloke who can hold men in the palm of his hand and get them to follow his lead unequivocally without question is the way to go.

Newman is a good soldier but a poor leader. What we need is an excellent soldier who is a good leader.

Has to be a midfielder or a forward who can inspire with his on field actions. A captains mark a captains goal a captain who puts his head over the ball takes a blow while he is bent over and gets up with the ball whilst his opponent is writhing in pain.

Ie Jonathon Brown, Wayne Carey, Michael Voss.

The days of the loyal gritty back pocket/backman player who unassumingly plays 200 games ala Chris McDermott, Danny Frawley are over.

You need a fresh approach someone with the spirit noise vigor good looks and power of XA GT 351 with the deftness and touch of a Rudolf Nureyev and a man of grace words and an undying spirit like Winston Churchill.

Newman is not that man.

PS the XA GT 351 can easily be substituted as a HQ 308 Monaro for our Holden friends.
 :thumbsup

tony_montana

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2010, 10:49:53 PM »

anyone notice Cotch speak to the players on the field after the siren on the field.

Leadership material that kid by geez we need something because Newman although played well doesnt give you that spark.

a few noticed this very early on in the piece which is why some feel he's our best option

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 12:30:04 AM »
Cotchin was amazing yesterday.

I thought Newman also was very good.

I just love the way Cotchin goes about it, makes an effort to get to everyone and tap them on the back and he isn't afraid to scruff it up was in 2 tussles one with Lake and one with another. Just good to see his passion and keeness for the side.

I think what obvious with the whole team no change of coach, captain or trade will change things in a hurry, it's just going to be a long transformation and development in time.
Go Tigers!