Author Topic: Hardwick on Footy Classified tonight  (Read 2929 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Hardwick on Footy Classified tonight
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2018, 09:11:11 PM »
I’d like to give all the credit to Mrs Hardwick. She basically told him she didn’t like who he’d become and wanted back the bloke she married.

In some way it was the same way I felt because he wooed us when he arrived at punt road saying all the right things, made a lot of sense with his promises. Then there was the honeymoon period when he did no wrong even though there were disappointments along the way. But then he started to get on my nerves because he changed everything and didn’t do what he’d promised.
But just when, after 7 years of disappointments, we felt the itch to move him on, he came good and delivers big time.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2018, 12:22:24 AM »
Big part of the change is Balme coming on board sorted the footy department out.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2018, 09:57:16 AM »
Big part of the change is Balme coming on board sorted the footy department out.
Must have been a very interesting first meeting. I wonder if Balme instigated Damiens trip to Harvard (is this correct?) for a summer management course?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2018, 11:36:32 AM »
This.
There is nothing like an old pro doing their job. He knows what works and what doesn't as he's been there and done that many times before. He does it in such a relaxed fashion that settles everyone around him.
He's been our best recruit for decades. That's why I have him as my avatar.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2018, 04:14:01 PM »
Must have been a very interesting first meeting. I wonder if Balme instigated Damiens trip to Harvard (is this correct?) for a summer management course?

I think the Harvard trip was organised well before Balme came on board.
I have a feeling it was one of the results of the footy review  ie expand the knowledge base of the coaching panel.