Author Topic: Sydney Stack [merged]  (Read 202688 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sydney Stack [merged]
« Reply #375 on: August 19, 2019, 08:04:02 PM »
Calm down guy

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #376 on: August 19, 2019, 10:04:07 PM »
Calm down guy
:lol

I’m calm.

Just staggered why you can’t talk footy on a footy forum when it has nothing to do with any of the “taboo” topics we know we can’t speak about.

Pretty sure the forum won’t get sued for posters speculating on why a player was dropped for disciplinary reasons after the coach has said that.

Are we allowed to boo on this forum or have the bigwigs band that too?

I’ll see how I go.....
Boo WP
Boo oneeyed

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #377 on: August 19, 2019, 10:08:21 PM »
BT, Doc's post hasn't been touched by the mods. Only your dig at WP was removed.

Having said that we don't want people publicly speculating on the forum about the nature of the alleged "disciplinary reason(s)" when it isn't public knowledge. That could potentially put OER at legal risk.

ps. Despite us mods continually getting accused of being over-protective or even mocked as "Big Brother", we know from past first hand experience that legal risk is something to be treated very seriously as those that threaten legal action aren't lenient and the solution to satisfy them even in what may seem trivial or accidental circumstances is more complex than simply saying 'sorry' and/or removing the offending post on the forum.

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #378 on: August 19, 2019, 10:16:58 PM »
I appreciate you gotta protect the forum from any sort of legal action. Has something happened to this forum in the past? Are you allowed to mention publically or DM me the details of what happened?

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #379 on: August 19, 2019, 10:28:29 PM »
BT, Doc's post hasn't been touched by the mods. Only your dig at WP was removed.

Having said that we don't want people publicly speculating on the forum about the nature of the alleged "disciplinary reason(s)" when it isn't public knowledge. That could potentially put OER at legal risk.

ps. Despite us mods continually getting accused of being over-protective or even mocked as "Big Brother", we know from past first hand experience that legal risk is something to be treated very seriously as those that threaten legal action aren't lenient and the solution to satisfy them even in what may seem trivial or accidental circumstances is more complex than simply saying 'sorry' and/or removing the offending post on the forum.
My dig at WP?
Being a little precious there as you let much worse than that go.

We are grown ups surely!

On the other stuff, surely if a posters says I heard Stack was late for training for example, that’s isn’t going to get you sued whether it’s true or not!

Posters post rumours everyday on your site.

Do we still live in a world of free speech?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #380 on: August 20, 2019, 12:53:23 AM »

My dig at WP?

We are grown ups surely!

On the other stuff, surely if a posters says I heard Stack was late for training for example, that’s isn’t going to get you sued whether it’s true or not!

There'd be witnesses if he had been late to training. Remember the media had footage of Dimma giving Stack a spray at Punt Rd earlier in the season before apologising later on. That is why it's best not to speculate.

We are grown ups and in such a world there isn't unlimited freedom of speech with no consequences. Defamation laws exist for a reason.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #381 on: August 20, 2019, 06:58:26 AM »
I appreciate you gotta protect the forum from any sort of legal action. Has something happened to this forum in the past? Are you allowed to mention publically or DM me the details of what happened?

Short answer is yes.

We will not be going into details as to what happened for legal reasons and there will be no DM about it either

Put simply, we got contacted and were advised that something had been posted that was defamatory and if it was not t removed the site was going to be shut down and we (mods) would be held personally liable and faced being sued.

It took over a fortnight to get it sorted which involved more than removing what had actually appeared on the site.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #382 on: August 20, 2019, 07:47:49 AM »

My dig at WP?

We are grown ups surely!

I think the point here is that while you might have a point, the guys who administrate this site (and volunteer significant time to do it) don’t want to be exposed legally to something posted that represents a risk of legal action.
As administrators of the site, that is their prerogative which you can hardly complain about given the risk actually sits with them.
It’s their call, not ours, which we should respect
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #383 on: August 20, 2019, 10:00:08 AM »

My dig at WP?

We are grown ups surely!

I think the point here is that while you might have a point, the guys who administrate this site (and volunteer significant time to do it) don’t want to be exposed legally to something posted that represents a risk of legal action.
As administrators of the site, that is their prerogative which you can hardly complain about given the risk actually sits with them.
It’s their call, not ours, which we should respect
Well said.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #384 on: August 20, 2019, 01:17:28 PM »
Has he had surgery yet?

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #385 on: August 20, 2019, 01:45:00 PM »
Was apparently due to have it yesterday.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #386 on: August 20, 2019, 03:45:40 PM »
yep all done and he is back home, if you are on instagram he is constantly providing his own updates about where he is at

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #387 on: August 20, 2019, 06:00:54 PM »
Burge's update.

Stack has his op last night.

Sydney Stack, ankle

"He needed surgery which he had last night…fairly similar to most other syndesmosis injuries that need the surgery...Right now, he’s in a cast which he’ll have on for the next 7-10 days. Once that’s off, we can make an assessment as to how quickly we can push things. Kane Lambert had a similar procedure last year, he played at four weeks, we’ve had other players with the same procedure who have taken a lot longer…It’s very hard to put a timeframe on it at the moment but we’re relatively optimistic."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-08-20/round-23-injury-update

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #388 on: August 21, 2019, 02:28:21 AM »
Ch 7 news last night said the surgery went well but Stack will still miss the rest of the season.

Some post-surgery vision of Stack:

Go to 1:30 min mark: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1163734982117842945

as well as on his instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/stackman_44

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #389 on: August 21, 2019, 09:10:59 AM »
so peeed off... is he gonna lose all that explosiveness and leap now?
Lots of people name their swords......