Author Topic: Tennis [merged]  (Read 69818 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tennis [merged]
« Reply #270 on: July 02, 2014, 03:01:43 PM »
watched the last set and he smashed Nadal off the court.

If you hear him speak has such a  level head, unlike that tip rat Tomic and that other spoilt brat from serbia.

I'll bite, which other "spoilt brat from Serbia"

And please spare me if you are referring to Jelana Dokic... Don't blame the kid for doing what an abusive father demanded of her when she was a teenager. And he was abusive and she was scared of him.

Well then you and i differ.

BTW, 18 is not a kid which she was when she left and i'm not sure when she came back, but id say she was old enough to make her own mind.

At a guess id say she was 21 so IMO old enough to cop any criticism that comes her way from the Aus Public.

Lost total respect for her when the going got touch and she switched countries because of some alleged vendetta against her and her family by Tennis Aus.

Tomic is even on a different level to her, but at least he hasn't spat the dummy and left the country, yet!

Sick of these types give me lleyton and rafter any day of the week. Even scud for all his faults gave it his all for the country.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #271 on: July 02, 2014, 03:34:12 PM »
You really should do some research before you make assumptions

BTW, 18 is not a kid which she was when she left and i'm not sure when she came back, but id say she was old enough to make her own mind.

At a guess id say she was 21 so IMO old enough to cop any criticism that comes her way from the Aus Public.

Lost total respect for her when the going got touch and she switched countries because of some alleged vendetta against her and her family by Tennis Aus.

Bought on by her tyrant of a father. The "vendetta" theory was alleged by her father. He controlled every aspect of her life.

BTW one of the reasons she stayed under his control for so long was to protect her much younger brother. While Damir could abuse her he left her little brother alone.

It wasn't until she was in her 20's, yes 20's she had the courage to get away from the lunatic.

Would really pay for you to get a hold of an interview her mother (who finally left the abusive moron after more than 20 years of fear and returned to Aust) gave about 5 years ago. You might get a better understanding of what it was like living with good old Damir. Then again you probably wont because it would defeat your argument

And BTW she has apologised to Aust and the tennis public for what she did & what happened.

I remember reading about a speaking engagement in Australia she did late last year where she explained everything and it left people in the room stunned, shocked and with a greater respect for what she's been through. Think for memory Todd Woodbridge was the one who spoke of it

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 03:53:12 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #272 on: July 02, 2014, 03:36:19 PM »
We are talking about the real Damir here arent we, not Damir Cloke?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #273 on: July 02, 2014, 03:53:27 PM »
We are talking about the real Damir here arent we, not Damir Cloke?

Yep the real one  ;D

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #274 on: July 02, 2014, 05:08:06 PM »
Flips dad is Greek and his Mama is Italian
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #275 on: July 02, 2014, 06:51:56 PM »
Flips dad is Greek and his Mama is Italian

His dad is actually a decent bloke.

I worked at the Prince Albert Hotel in Williamstown and his dad would come in from time to time. Would buy himself a soft drink, have a chat with a few locals and shout the bar, then walk out.

On more than one occasion we also crossed paths when I was walking my German Shepherd. Nick would pull out his tennis racquet and hit balls for the dog for a while.

In all my dealings he was genuine.

Scud is still a flog.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #276 on: July 03, 2014, 04:25:37 AM »
Kyrgios is looking tired in today's quarter final. Fought hard to hang in there and win the first set in a tiebreaker but subsequently has dropped the next two sets.         

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #277 on: July 03, 2014, 06:54:46 AM »
Nik K, out in four sets

But a fantastic effort  :clapping :bow  :clapping

But please tennis fans, just let the kid play and not expect too much. Results will take care of themselves with the few bumps along the way. But the ride will be worth it  :thumbsup

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: July 03, 2014, 07:20:51 AM »
Well she left and played against Australia

All is forgiven now but sadly that's the fact WP, and we can argue it had never to do with her but she was old enough and that's that.

Aren't they on talking terms now anyway.

I'm tipping poor old Bernard will do the same if Nick here continues his upward trend. We have plenty of these types amongst us, who want to leave and do but they always come back cause the grass ain't greener.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: July 03, 2014, 09:13:40 AM »
Talking of bad fathers Damir Cloke has a lot to answer for; FFS he led his three sons to believe they were footballers, must be able to classify as some sort of abuse

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #280 on: July 03, 2014, 11:34:34 AM »
Well she left and played against Australia

All is forgiven now but sadly that's the fact WP, and we can argue it had never to do with her but she was old enough and that's that.

Aren't they on talking terms now anyway.

I'm tipping poor old Bernard will do the same if Nick here continues his upward trend. We have plenty of these types amongst us, who want to leave and do but they always come back cause the grass ain't greener.

Did I say she didn't play under the Serbian Flag for a period of time? No I didn't, not disputing that just I will cut the lady some slack because of what that tyrant did to not only her but her mother and brother.

You keep saying she was old enough to leave. I'd say she stayed to protect those who couldn't protect themselves and paid in a way neither of us could imagine.

Yes they are speaking terms now so she can have contact with her brother. Is that a crime?

As for dopey Bernie, you are right. His moronic father has already threatened to walk away from Aust but when he heard the funding would go he changed his tune bloody quickly

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #281 on: July 03, 2014, 11:38:37 AM »
Hellas
Hellas
Hellas

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #282 on: July 03, 2014, 02:41:57 PM »
Pfft...another Aussie choker that got ahead of themselves...best teenager since Becker my arse....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #283 on: July 03, 2014, 03:54:47 PM »
You really should do some research before you make assumptions

Bought on by her tyrant of a father. The "vendetta" theory was alleged by her father. He controlled every aspect of her life.

BTW one of the reasons she stayed under his control for so long was to protect her much younger brother. While Damir could abuse her he left her little brother alone.

It wasn't until she was in her 20's, yes 20's she had the courage to get away from the lunatic.

Would really pay for you to get a hold of an interview her mother (who finally left the abusive moron after more than 20 years of fear and returned to Aust) gave about 5 years ago. You might get a better understanding of what it was like living with good old Damir. Then again you probably wont because it would defeat your argument

And BTW she has apologised to Aust and the tennis public for what she did & what happened.

I remember reading about a speaking engagement in Australia she did late last year where she explained everything and it left people in the room stunned, shocked and with a greater respect for what she's been through. Think for memory Todd Woodbridge was the one who spoke of it

It funny how its often those that are least capable of putting themselves in someone else's shoes are the ones so quick to lay judgments on how other people handle a situation they themselves have no comprehension about.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Rampstar

« Reply #284 on: July 03, 2014, 05:04:59 PM »