Author Topic: Tennis [merged]  (Read 67667 times)

froars

Tennis [merged]
« on: June 26, 2004, 03:27:33 PM »
Just watching the Goran v Lleyton replay.
I know just enough Yugoslav to hear something he said that was unrepeatable lol
And got away with it apparently  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Goran
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 04:28:15 PM »
That old trick  ;D. I like the big Croat as doesn't take himself too seriously.

Good on Hewitt and the Poo. Go Aussies!  :).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 05:27:56 PM »
Goran is a legend. Never was a fan of his style of game, but I would often watch his matches for the sheer entertainment value they offered. Never a dull moment with this guy. lmfaooooo@slavs being the funniest and most psycho people, good on em!

It was good to see for one last time all his antics like headbutting the tennis ball, talking to himself, talking to the crowd, talking to the camera men, talking to God, being superstitious about the balls and requesting the ball back after winning a point with it, lmfaooo!!!

lmfaooooo@him getting boo-ed and then finally cheered when he put on a croatian soccer top on after the match. lmfaoooooo@getting English people to clap for croatian soccer. Only Goran could do it.

In Goran's post-match interview he said that when two girls yelled out "we love you goran!" he went and won the next two points. He then said a bloke yelled out the same thing, and then he proceeded to lose the match. LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! 

I'm glad he won Wimbledon after making three unsuccesful attempts in the final. Tragedy for Rafter, but at least he had won 2 grand slams already.

Well done to Rocky Hewitt for taking him out in such an awesome way. Showed great sportsmanship after the match to tell Goran it was an honour to be on the same court as him and that he was a great champion. Hewitt then went to his seat and packed his bags and let Goran have all the applause. Great stuff.

Moya next for Hewitt, and then Federer. Tough ask, but if anyone can do it, Rocky can.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 03:13:02 AM »
Hewitt's through :). Scud's looking dodgy though. No big serve = no scud :(.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 01:43:26 AM »
Scud got hard done-by on a couple line calls, but his first two sets were terrible and he didn't deserve to win either of them. Was playing well in the end, but too little too late.

If Hewitt gets through tomorrow night he's a big chance for the title. I think he'll lose in 3 or 4 sets though; Federer looks in rediculously good form. But you can never count Hewitt out when he is motivated.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 01:45:09 AM by JohnF »

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
ROFLM Australian Open
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 05:59:09 PM »
Just thought I'd start a thread on it. Anyone give a stuff about this game? Anyone planning to go?

Interesting to see Moya just got done in the first round.

Should everyone just bend over right now and take their Federer medicine?

missy

Re: ROFLM Australian Open
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 06:41:11 PM »
LOL johnf, not a fan huh? Me either, I can watch and enjoy most sports but for some reason tennis just doesnt do it for me

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 06:52:17 PM »
The highlight for me would have been seeing the poo do a Sally Robbins but since he's out, as BB King would say..."The thrill is gone..."
It might be fun to see Federer aka "Mr Perfect" blow a tennis shoe and hurtle in an uncontrolled manner straight into the concrete wall ala Ayrton Senna and the Tamburello.

In fact tennis needs a bit of colour.
Here are some of my suggestions to bring back a bit of excitement.

1. Employ Tony Liberatore and Peter Filandia as ballboys.

2. Electrify the net

3. Have one of those crowd dissatisfaction bore-o-meters like on 30 seconds to fame where if it hits red a pack of pitbulls are released onto the court that haven't been fed in a week.

4. Allow the players to give the umpire a chinese burn if he makes a stupid call without receiving a court voilation.

5. Allow all Tennis player stalkers front row centre court seats.

6. Replace players electrolyte supplement drinks with Kava. "Hey man that ball looks like the moon and my tongue is all tingly"

7. At the end of each set, the loser has to eat raw buffalo testicles ala Fear factor. If he pukes refer to suggestion 3

Ox

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2005, 09:30:21 PM »
Im going.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 11:41:19 PM »
Don't mind the game Missy, though sometimes it gets monotonous and is a bit slow paced. The good matches in the sport are still worth watching.

ROFLFMAOOOoo@your suggestions tiga. ROFLMFAO especially at electrifying the net and releasing the pitbulls.

I think the game would also benefit from each crowd entrant getting a water balloon that they get to launch at the players at some point during the game. Make that a couple of water balloons for ladies matches. :thumbsup

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2005, 12:23:46 AM »
Until there are rule changes that enforce female tennis players to compete in stilettos and G-Strings I will boycott this crap event.
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2005, 08:09:36 AM »
Until there are rule changes that enforce female tennis players to compete in stilettos and G-Strings I will boycott this crap event.
BK, maybe they should also raise the height of the poles that hold up the net to make the perfect accessory for a girl wearing a g-string and stilettos.  ;D

Another thought I had was to liven things up a bit when someone mimmics cyclops, a band of bloodthirsty vikings come down the aisle and lop their head off with a battle axe! I'd like to see them try and whistle after that!

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2005, 12:48:14 AM »
Ox have you gone to the tennis yet? Or are you one of those rich priks that get to see the finals?

My assessments thus far:

1. Federer has it in the bag.
2. Hewitt is good value and is a hell of a fighter.
3. Molik can win the tournament which would be a laugh if she does becuase we haven't had a female within a bull's roar of a chance for the last 20 years.
4. Myskina strikes me as the type of chick you could go any which way in bed.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2005, 04:50:53 PM »
Only Hewitt left now. Not much of a tennis fan but when I do watch the Aussies play they would have to be the worst at getting their first serves in for such a "major" tennis nation.   

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Lleyton Hewitt
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2005, 12:14:04 AM »
Love him or hate him he is one gutsy sportsman with a never say die attitude  :thumbsup.