Author Topic: Thomson Dow [merged]  (Read 45280 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Thomson Dow [merged]
« Reply #270 on: September 15, 2023, 06:15:14 PM »
Has resigned for 2024

Richmond midfielder Thomson Dow will return for a fifth season at the Club after putting pen to paper on a new one-year deal for 2024.

Richmond General Manager- Football Talent Blair Hartley said Dow's encouraging late-season form should give him great confidence coming into the 2024 season.

"It was pleasing to see Thomson play some really strong football when given an opportunity late in the year, which is a reward for the hard work he has put in over the past four years," Hartley said.

"Thomson has a skill set that can add something to our midfield mix, and through this extension, we look forward to seeing him continue to grow next season.

“We are delighted to be keeping Thomson at Richmond.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1431239/dow-signs-richmond-extension

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #271 on: October 16, 2023, 04:37:23 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #272 on: December 20, 2023, 11:08:51 PM »
Fringe player who will play 15+ games: Thomson Dow

The young midfielder won a one-year deal in September after making an impression under interim coach Andrew McQualter late in the 2023 campaign.

He produced a career-best performance against Port Adelaide in Round 24 when picking up 27 disposals, which might have just been

Yze will be looking for someone to step fill the hole left by Trent Cotchin and Dow appears to be the midfielder who can have an impact in and around the contest.

Dow was potentially staring down the barrel of a premature delisting late in then 2023 season, but earned himself a new deal and now he needs to break through and vindicate why the Tigers used Pick 21 on him in the 2019 draft.

Source: SEN

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #273 on: February 18, 2024, 05:16:47 PM »
No stats available aside from having the most CBAs (24) today, but Dow's performance lived up to the talk he was having a strong preseason at training, and you would think he's booked his spot in our 23 for round "zero".

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #274 on: February 18, 2024, 05:27:36 PM »
Was super impressed with Thomson today.

His inside and clearance work was excellent

Really like the centre set up of Dow, Hopper and Graham. Ryan did them no favours with his ruck work but they combined really well.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: February 18, 2024, 06:50:16 PM »
Was super impressed with Thomson today.

His inside and clearance work was excellent

Really like the centre set up of Dow, Hopper and Graham. Ryan did them no favours with his ruck work but they combined really well.

They did indeed, very impressive! Ryan up against the best in the business was another learning opportunity.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #276 on: February 18, 2024, 07:47:50 PM »
Dow, Hopper and Graham would be one of the worst starting midfield groups in history in the home and away season
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #277 on: February 18, 2024, 07:51:57 PM »
Quote from: Assange Tiger 😎
Dow, Hopper and Graham would be one of the worst starting midfield groups in history in the home and away season

The slow motion replays would have Foxtel & Kayo viewers thinking they'd accidentally hit pause. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #278 on: February 18, 2024, 08:24:53 PM »

The slow motion replays would have Foxtel & Kayo viewers thinking they'd accidentally hit pause. :shh

On queue lads. Not the H&A btw

Would be nice if you could take your bias towards certain players because of your obvious dislike of certain posters and actually give a view with some basis for that view rather than just take pot shots and troll and attempt to bait posters for the sake of it
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 08:58:04 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #279 on: February 18, 2024, 08:43:47 PM »

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #280 on: February 18, 2024, 09:31:54 PM »
Thought he had a servicable game. Not sure what to take from these type of games though.

Maybe i have blinkers on with this guy but i dont think he has much  hurt factor and can be a real liabity on the spread.  HE has good hands and can create a bit of space for himself but for me thats about as far as it goes. If we play so many slow mids in the real stuff the first 20 minutes of the game will be the norm.

The slow mo comments may be a dig but boy they are relevant.

The one i was impressed with was Seth Campbell. I think him Bolton and Sonsie should be starters in the fwd line. I think we could actually make all three a part of midfield rotations. They all know where the goals are as well.

No to fumbles Rioli and yes he is over weight again.  im not sold on Steely Green either though he did a couple of nice things who knows.

Any way i dont see a spot for Dow  Graham or Ross  when the real stuff starts, they are well down the pecking order Prestia Dusty Taranto and Baker all say hello.

The one oldie who i thought did enough and showed he should play wing was Pickett. Still think Dan Rioli should play on the other wing.
Please no more of spud it up McIntosh or slow as treacle Ross on the wings not while we have some players with such good attributes for the role.

Still a fan of Sam Banks his use of the ball at times is great and we got some glimpses again, the concern is he still doesnt impact or stay in games for long enough the same criticism i have of a few of the older blokes who can't use the ball as well.

Last if Sanson Ryan cannot learn hold his ground and stop being easily pushed out of contests then he wont Make.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #281 on: February 18, 2024, 10:53:33 PM »

On queue lads. Not the H&A btw

Would be nice if you could take your bias towards certain players because of your obvious dislike of certain posters and actually give a view with some basis for that view rather than just take pot shots and troll and attempt to bait posters for the sake of it

WP, your love for Graham is making you accuse others of some ordinary things.

People are allowed to have an opinion, even have a laugh at players lack of speed which is what Dio obviously did. It wasn't trolling, it wasn't an attack on you...it was a playful dig at his leg speed and the other 2 aren't overly quick either.

It's flat out wrong of you to start to claim people are judging footballers based on their supposed dislike of fellow posters.

For the 10999th time. No one ever said Graham is a bad player, people just think he's slow and barely best 22 these days. You like him. That's okay. Both opinions are allowed
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #282 on: February 19, 2024, 10:57:04 AM »
Well we need to mix it up or we gonna get the wooden spoon. Prestia isn’t going to recapture his dynasty form and to be honest his hamstrings are probably done. He’s an absolute legend but we can’t have meatballs at most CBAs

Taranto is obviously a lock but he will need to be rotated through there. Also he’s a better kick for goal than a field kick so we need options for ball users. I’m happy to roll the dice and see which of Dow, Sonsie or Ross can take the baton from prestia/cotch

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #283 on: February 19, 2024, 11:50:01 AM »
Well we need to mix it up or we gonna get the wooden spoon. Prestia isn’t going to recapture his dynasty form and to be honest his hamstrings are probably done. He’s an absolute legend but we can’t have meatballs at most CBAs

Taranto is obviously a lock but he will need to be rotated through there. Also he’s a better kick for goal than a field kick so we need options for ball users. I’m happy to roll the dice and see which of Dow, Sonsie or Ross can take the baton from prestia/cotch

👌

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #284 on: February 19, 2024, 12:14:00 PM »
Thought he had a servicable game. Not sure what to take from these type of games though.

Maybe i have blinkers on with this guy but i dont think he has much  hurt factor and can be a real liabity on the spread.  HE has good hands and can create a bit of space for himself but for me thats about as far as it goes. If we play so many slow mids in the real stuff the first 20 minutes of the game will be the norm.

The slow mo comments may be a dig but boy they are relevant.

The one i was impressed with was Seth Campbell. I think him Bolton and Sonsie should be starters in the fwd line. I think we could actually make all three a part of midfield rotations. They all know where the goals are as well.

No to fumbles Rioli and yes he is over weight again.  im not sold on Steely Green either though he did a couple of nice things who knows.

Any way i dont see a spot for Dow  Graham or Ross  when the real stuff starts, they are well down the pecking order Prestia Dusty Taranto and Baker all say hello.

The one oldie who i thought did enough and showed he should play wing was Pickett. Still think Dan Rioli should play on the other wing.
Please no more of spud it up McIntosh or slow as treacle Ross on the wings not while we have some players with such good attributes for the role.

Still a fan of Sam Banks his use of the ball at times is great and we got some glimpses again, the concern is he still doesnt impact or stay in games for long enough the same criticism i have of a few of the older blokes who can't use the ball as well.

Last if Sanson Ryan cannot learn hold his ground and stop being easily pushed out of contests then he wont Make.

It was better than a serviceable game. He was clearly one of our best.

Not saying he is the second coming of Dusty, but lets at least try assess his performances fairly.