Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 300871 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #330 on: November 17, 2012, 10:03:51 PM »
Good to see size on Ellis. Helbig. Dea

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #331 on: November 27, 2012, 04:24:03 PM »

dwaino

« Reply #332 on: November 27, 2012, 05:11:59 PM »
Tuck: "Cotch there's something on your back!"
Cotch: "What? Where? Get it off."
Derrickx: *ahahaehehehahehaehe*
Ellis: huurrrrr duurrrr

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #333 on: December 02, 2012, 06:29:36 AM »
Young Tiger on the prowl
Murray Wenzel
The Cairns Post
November 30, 2012

YOUNG Tiger Brandon Ellis expects the jokers to come out of the pack as the squad begins a mystery team-building journey from Gordonvale to the Daintree today.

The 19-year-old was a standout in his debut season, playing a staggering 21 games in the Richmond defence.

Now graduated from the rookie group, Ellis is one of the big boys and is helping the newest recruits.

"They had to get up and tell a bit about themselves," he said.

"A few cracked some funny jokes, but I have a feeling there will be a few more jokes once we get going on the Amazing Race."

As for what they are actually doing for the next three days, no-one is quite sure.

Players, media and most club staff are still in the dark on plans, although it is confirmed they will be outrigging at Yorkeys Knob tomorrow morning.

"I don't know too much about it. The coaches have been a little sly," Ellis said.

"It's been really good to get up here and train in the heat. It's different to anything at home. We've adapted pretty well and made sure we have hydrated well."

The Tiger said returning to the Cazalys turf, where they were slammed for another two hours in the heat yesterday morning, had brought back a few bad memories.

"It was pretty daunting. We walked over the pocket where Karmichael Hunt kicked that goal, where the Gold Coast boys celebrated. We can't wait to get back up here and make amends," Ellis said.

He said he was not feeling overwhelmed at the prospect of having to improve after such a successful first year in the AFL.

"I'm always thinking about it, pinching myself every time I walk out there," he said.

"There's a little bit of pressure, but with another pre-season under my belt hopefully I'll be fitter, improve my football and be able to help us make the finals."

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2012/11/30/237146_local-sport-news.html

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #334 on: December 02, 2012, 07:02:56 AM »
Not sure if I read too much into the pre-season training, the rave was all about Edwards last year, buklking up, quickest on the track etc...., the years befor that it was White.....While Edwards did have a very good year last year it wasn't reflective of the hype of his preseason and White, well ...... :-\

In saying that though I do like the way Ellis has bulked and the way a few of the other biys are looking, also good to see Derrickx up there....could be the smokey.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Bird Man

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #335 on: December 03, 2012, 01:55:40 PM »
ellis will be a star

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #336 on: December 03, 2012, 03:12:14 PM »
Not if he's playing for the burgers to squeeze jacko wacko into the 21.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #337 on: December 31, 2012, 01:01:13 PM »
Ellis off to a flying start
By Adrian Ceddia
richmondfc.com.au
Sunday, December 30, 2012

Brandon Ellis is a young man who seems hell-bent on making the most of every second in the big time.

Richmond’s 19-year-old first pick in the 2011 National Draft (No. 15 overall) enjoyed an outstanding debut season for the Tigers, playing 21 of a possible 22 games.

After working hard in his first pre-season, Ellis slotted straight into the senior team for the opening match of the season against Carlton, and hardly looked like giving up his spot all year.

Read the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2012-12-30/ellis-off-to-a-flying-start

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #338 on: January 09, 2013, 06:50:06 PM »
On the rise: Brandon Ellis

By Jennifer Witham
afl.com.au
Wednesday, January 9, 2013

At a glance: The tough defender didn't waste any time in making his AFL debut when he was selected in round one, 2012, to face Carlton at the MCG. He had arrived at Punt Rd via the 2011 NAB AFL Draft (selection No.15 overall) and was ready to push for selection with a solid body courtesy of a weights regime he stuck to during his junior years. Had nine disposals and laid two tackles in his first game and held his spot, which he maintained for all but one game throughout the season. Earned a NAB AFL Rising Star nomination in round 17 for his 21 touches, while his booming and accurate kick allowed him take many of the Tigers' kick ins. Playing on some of the League's best small forwards, Ellis also displayed his massive tank – shown when he ran a 15.4 beep test at the 2011 NAB AFL Combine.

Plays like: Collingwood's Heath Shaw. Hard running, tough, uses the ball well, loves a tackle, solid rebounder and has the ability to push into the midfield when required.

Killer quality: When he was drafted, the Tigers rated him in the top three kicks from the talent pool, which was why he was often given the role of bringing the ball back into play from the defensive goal square throughout the year. His tank also gives him scope to play in the midfield.

Best performance: He had four games in a row where he amassed more than 20 touches, with the fourth against North Melbourne in round 17. Here, he picked up 21 touches and played a role against small forward Lindsay Thomas. His performance against Gold Coast the week before (24 disposals, 12 marks) was also impressive.

What they say: "Brandon has ticked every box since arriving at the club and the way he worked his way into the senior side is a credit to his work rate and determination. His attitude on and off the field has been outstanding. We've also been impressed with his versatility and his ability to play a number of roles for us this year, including as a running defender and a midfielder." – Damien Hardwick after round 17.

Stats that matter:
Seventh in rebounds (32 @ 1.5 per game)
Seventh in marks (80 @ 3.8 per game)
12th in kicks (183 @ 8.7 per game)
12th in handballs (147 @ 7.0 per game)
12th in clearances (15 @ 0.7 per game)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-01-09/brandon-

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #339 on: February 16, 2013, 03:00:55 AM »
Ellis driven to succeed
By richmondfc.com.au
2:10pm AEDT Thursday, February 14, 2013

The combination of a rigorous pre-season training regime, and Mark ‘Choco’ Williams’ arrival at Tigerland as development coach, is just the tonic to help rising Richmond star Brandon Ellis keep the dreaded “second-year blues” at bay.

“It (pre-season training) has been a lot harder than last year,” Ellis said.

“Last year, I did about 70-75% of pre-season.  But this year I’ve done just about everything, plus two or three extra gym sessions a week to put on three or four kilos, because they want me playing at a heavier weight.

“When I got to the Club, I had to strip a few kilos off.  So, I lost that and now I’m just gradually building some muscle . . .

“It’s been pretty tough, but I’m looking forward to the season starting.”

Read more and the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-02-14/ellis-driven-to-succeed

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #340 on: February 17, 2013, 11:23:17 PM »
On the rise: Brandon Ellis

By Jennifer Witham
afl.com.au
Wednesday, January 9, 2013

At a glance: The tough defender didn't waste any time in making his AFL debut when he was selected in round one, 2012, to face Carlton at the MCG. He had arrived at Punt Rd via the 2011 NAB AFL Draft (selection No.15 overall) and was ready to push for selection with a solid body courtesy of a weights regime he stuck to during his junior years. Had nine disposals and laid two tackles in his first game and held his spot, which he maintained for all but one game throughout the season. Earned a NAB AFL Rising Star nomination in round 17 for his 21 touches, while his booming and accurate kick allowed him take many of the Tigers' kick ins. Playing on some of the League's best small forwards, Ellis also displayed his massive tank – shown when he ran a 15.4 beep test at the 2011 NAB AFL Combine.

Plays like: Collingwood's Heath Shaw. Hard running, tough, uses the ball well, loves a tackle, solid rebounder and has the ability to push into the midfield when required.

Killer quality: When he was drafted, the Tigers rated him in the top three kicks from the talent pool, which was why he was often given the role of bringing the ball back into play from the defensive goal square throughout the year. His tank also gives him scope to play in the midfield.

Best performance: He had four games in a row where he amassed more than 20 touches, with the fourth against North Melbourne in round 17. Here, he picked up 21 touches and played a role against small forward Lindsay Thomas. His performance against Gold Coast the week before (24 disposals, 12 marks) was also impressive.

What they say: "Brandon has ticked every box since arriving at the club and the way he worked his way into the senior side is a credit to his work rate and determination. His attitude on and off the field has been outstanding. We've also been impressed with his versatility and his ability to play a number of roles for us this year, including as a running defender and a midfielder." – Damien Hardwick after round 17.

Stats that matter:
Seventh in rebounds (32 @ 1.5 per game)
Seventh in marks (80 @ 3.8 per game)
12th in kicks (183 @ 8.7 per game)
12th in handballs (147 @ 7.0 per game)
12th in clearances (15 @ 0.7 per game)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-01-09/brandon-

Since when?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #341 on: February 18, 2013, 12:46:00 PM »
I think there confusing stamina with toughness

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #342 on: February 23, 2013, 05:36:39 AM »
Ellis just needs to finish off his good work in front of goal (would've been the winner in hindsight) and he'll develop into a complete footballer. For his size he is a very strong mark above his head. That contest on defensive 50 in the last half of the North game where the North player looked for all money like spoiling him yet the ball stuck in his mits.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #343 on: February 23, 2013, 02:32:34 PM »
Fair pickup at 15 in a compromised draft FJ. :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #344 on: February 23, 2013, 03:31:28 PM »
Fair pickup at 15 in a compromised draft FJ. :thumbsup
Yep since Jack in 2006, FJ has done very well with our first round picks - Jack, Cotch, Vickery, Martin, Conca, Ellis & Vlastuin.

During summer training, Ellis was leading the trial runs. That sign of improved endurance seemed to carry over to the game last night as he was in the play at both ends running up and down the ground.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd