Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 300780 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #585 on: October 15, 2013, 02:24:46 PM »
Dimma talking about Ellis in 2014:

“The scary thing about him is he’s 19 years of age, so he’s going to get a hell of a lot better quickly.

“He’s averaged around 20 touches, uses the ball really well, and he’s also a goalkicker.

“So, he’s a player we’ll look to push a little bit more midfield next and probably a bit half-forward as well, because we feel he can actually hit the scoreboard for us."

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-10-15/ellis-high-on-hardwicks-agenda

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #586 on: October 15, 2013, 02:36:25 PM »
Gun - would love to see him play one-on-one more in defence. His marking for his size is -dare I say it - Royce Hart-like. Could halt a lot of those chains of easy possession Hardwick's precious "zone" defence allows down the boundary. Would also like to see Rance and Vickery patrolling the wings more often for the same reason. 

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #587 on: October 15, 2013, 10:33:34 PM »
Given the wrap Dimma gave him and rightly so was surprised he never polled top 10 in the B&F. Rated his season much higher than some in the top 10 despite being sub and also getting KO'd by Firrito in the first quarter in the Nought game.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #588 on: October 17, 2013, 11:33:17 AM »

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #589 on: October 17, 2013, 11:52:30 AM »
Man I love this kid! Soon to be an absolute gun and has a good head on his shoulders!  :gotigers

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #590 on: October 17, 2013, 11:55:43 AM »
Really has developed well and has rectified his only problem which was his disposal.

Well done Ellis, look forward to seeing him in 2014, if he can improve/maintain his level of skill...look out, really could be one of our top line players!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #591 on: October 17, 2013, 02:18:11 PM »
Ellis eyes the next step
richmondfc.com.au 
October 17, 2013 12:55 PM

“One thing I really want to learn how to do, is break that tag, or if someone is running with me pretty tightly, find out other ways to get around it,” Ellis told ‘Roar Vision’.

“The pre-season is going to be massive for me, and I can’t wait.

“I want to work really closely with ‘Cotch’ (Trent Cotchin) and ‘Lids’ (Brett Deledio) – those sort of guys who get tagged – and ‘Jacko’, who’s been a tagger, so I can find out things off him that he hates when he’s tagging.”

Ellis also plans to work on his aerobic capacity over the pre-season, in a bid to further boost his already-impressive running ability.

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-10-17/ellis-eyes-the-next-step

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #592 on: October 17, 2013, 06:28:36 PM »
Ellis eyes the next step
richmondfc.com.au 

“One thing I really want to learn how to do, is break that tag, or if someone is running with me pretty tightly, find out other ways to get around it,” Ellis told ‘Roar Vision’.

“I want to work really closely with ‘Cotch’ (Trent Cotchin) and ‘Lids’ (Brett Deledio) – those sort of guys who get tagged – and ‘Jacko’, who’s been a tagger, so I can find out things off him that he hates when he’s tagging.”

Ellis also plans to work on his aerobic capacity over the pre-season, in a bid to further boost his already-impressive running ability.

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-10-17/ellis-eyes-the-next-step

Ummmm skip the Lids tips and instead watch what Cotch does

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #593 on: October 17, 2013, 09:30:38 PM »
Ellis eyes the next step
richmondfc.com.au 

Ummmm skip the Lids tips and instead watch what Cotch does

Goota know what to do ... and what not to do do ...  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #594 on: November 11, 2013, 12:47:55 PM »
AFL Photos twitter:

"Relax @Richmond_FC fans, @brandonjellis doesn't have an arm injury, just some new ink"

dwaino

« Reply #595 on: November 11, 2013, 12:51:19 PM »
Did he draw that himself?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #596 on: November 11, 2013, 01:26:46 PM »
Eight weeks off and you get a new tatt a few days before you're to start pre-season training  :-\ :huh3

::)

:booboo
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #597 on: November 11, 2013, 01:27:54 PM »
hearing bad rumors  :(

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #598 on: November 11, 2013, 01:44:16 PM »
Delist....