Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 300800 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #1425 on: May 17, 2016, 08:41:53 PM »
Even his last two games BT?
Granted I've seen with my own two eyes the countless times he's squibbed a contest but all I'm saying is there wasn't much of that nonsense in the last two games.

Let's face it, your not going to get any different from the likes of Houli and Hunt or Chaplin but this kid is still only 22.
I was one of his biggest critics too and if he goes back to squibbing I will be again but I've liked a lot of what I've seen from him in the last two games and I hope I see more improvement in the future. Let's hope he's turned a corner.
Yes even the last two games.
My biggest gripe with him is not that he poos himself every time he goes near the footy but that fact that he is scared to make a mistake with the footy in hand. He goes backwards and sideways on a lot of occasions. Some like to say it the way he is coached but no one else does it as much or as often as this little behindhole.
What I have notice he does more this year is fumble. He is obviously bereft of all confidence.
Need needs to be dropped and go back and work hard and earn his spot.
Fair enough, I understand your angst BT but I suggest you watch the replay again just to note Brandon's game and I think you would pleasantly surprised. I really don't think he was that bad as he has been previously especially against the swans. Maybe you saw Grigg and thought it was a 5 instead of a 6. Seriously he wasn't as bad as normal that's for sure.
In the first half he mainly made short passes forward and they nearly all hit a target.

For some reason he then started going backwards and sideways.

I think Id prefer him playing a precise link up role rather than the run and carry out wide which sees him blaze away and put the ball on the tit of the opposition much more than our forwards.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1426 on: May 17, 2016, 09:06:51 PM »
Someone just needs to tell him that too get to the next level he needs to put his body on the line all the time.
He has the size to take the hits too!
What is most frustrating is that he has the physical attributes to be a very good player but his greatest weakness remains between the ears. He is the lion in the wizard of oz......
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 09:51:21 PM by YellowandBlackBlood »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1427 on: May 17, 2016, 09:33:35 PM »

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1428 on: May 19, 2016, 07:18:56 AM »
What do people think of Ellis being played as a forward? He is a good mark and is usually a good kick for goal.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1429 on: May 19, 2016, 08:08:28 AM »
What do people think of Ellis being played as a forward? He is a good mark and is usually a good kick for goal.

As long as it's in the VFL in all for it :thumbsup

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1430 on: May 19, 2016, 08:44:54 AM »
The guy has become a dummy. Does some of the most stupid things.  l would have dropped him very early in the season. Needs a wake up call, As he is not as good as stats make him out to be. Cost's the team constant goals every game. Anyone who gains 50 metres backwards for the opposition needs to be playing elsewhere.

l look at a  player like him when l talk about "STATS" are useless & meaningless & are for amateur's.  Can gather 8 stats going backwards & sideways in a minute of the game. His turnovers don't show the goals against him. His several opponents cut him up weekly & their damage on the scoreboard don't show against him. Constantly pushes too far up & his turnovers have him jogging back pointing cause his out of fuel. Has talent & is a good footballer, Just not as good as he thinks he is. l would still send him back to the VFL

As for stats a fullback could be over worked by a player like Bellis. He could fist the ball away from his tall marking opponent 10 times & have not 1 stat but his opponent will have no stats or goals. Stats are for show players like Bellis  :snidegrin

A good footballer is Alex Rance who works hard & achieve's only a pat on the back.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1431 on: May 19, 2016, 08:51:12 AM »
Someone just needs to tell him that too get to the next level he needs to put his body on the line all the time.
What is most frustrating is that he has the physical attributes to be a very good player but his greatest weakness remains between the ears. He is the lion in the wizard of oz......

;D

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1432 on: May 19, 2016, 01:39:27 PM »

;D

:D :D :D :D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1433 on: June 02, 2016, 09:25:17 PM »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1434 on: June 02, 2016, 09:29:53 PM »
He's like a Chinese mock pair of Air Jordan's.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1435 on: June 02, 2016, 10:12:39 PM »
Tyrone and Brandon should get a room together. Two peahearts in a pod. :snidegrin

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1436 on: June 02, 2016, 10:31:16 PM »
Actually apologies to the big girls blose tv. There is someone softer than you. :lol

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1437 on: June 03, 2016, 12:44:05 AM »

tony_montana

« Reply #1438 on: June 03, 2016, 08:31:59 AM »
 :lol

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1439 on: June 03, 2016, 06:59:37 PM »
Ever seen this guy go the hip and shoulder?

You've got to deliberately avoid that sort of contact as a junior to be so physically inept at his age. A deep, ingrained cowardice is neccessary.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018