Author Topic: 2011 Membership - "The Tiger is Stirring" [merged]  (Read 124879 times)

tony_montana

Re: 2011 Membership - "The Tiger is Stirring" [merged]
« Reply #825 on: July 20, 2011, 08:34:32 PM »

THIS is our membership number. The club looks stupid when it claims 47,000 members and we come out with 40,000 official members. And this was on top of the supposed extraordinary success of the membership campaign. The club needs a reality check IMHO. If it wants to do membership numbers it should do it properly, not leave it till late July for the AFL to make us look stupid. Members are members and contributors are contributors and the club needs to make this distinction or better still just have the officially recognised memberships thats all and dont include other numbers.

I agree, another leaf in the BS RFC storybook

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #826 on: July 20, 2011, 09:48:04 PM »

THIS is our membership number. The club looks stupid when it claims 47,000 members and we come out with 40,000 official members. And this was on top of the supposed extraordinary success of the membership campaign. The club needs a reality check IMHO. If it wants to do membership numbers it should do it properly, not leave it till late July for the AFL to make us look stupid. Members are members and contributors are contributors and the club needs to make this distinction or better still just have the officially recognised memberships thats all and dont include other numbers.

Sorry Flagman but I will back the Club on this.

I don't give a rats what the AFL deems as a member.

Bottom line IMHO is the Club is right to declare every person no matter what type of membership (only pet m'ships should be excluded) they have purchased a 2011 MEMBER OF THE RFC.

I'll ask you this: I purchase Cub memberships for my nephew and niece every year, I don't bother with match day m'ships for them because they live in QLD. Their m'ships would not be included in the "official AFL" member numbers but they are still counted as RFC members by the RFC. I woulkd think they should be - dont' you agree? 

I have no doubt you would find that all the MCC Tiger memberships sold would not be included inthe AFL tally but would be included in the Clubs as they should be

I am not disputing the difference seems extreme but as I said I see Essendon are in the same boat as us discrepency wise but it appears all club numbers don't match the AFL's list - would love to know why? Maybe as the AFL change the rules again

Maybe we need Mr RFC_O to get on here and explain
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #827 on: July 21, 2011, 01:15:11 PM »
Membership tally - 21/07/2011

10,940 of them are new members.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #828 on: August 04, 2011, 01:35:46 PM »
Huge spike in new members
By Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au
Thu 04 Aug, 2011

In 2011, Richmond launched “Operation 10,000”, a bold plan to sign 10,000 new members. This represented a staggering 220% growth from new members signed the previous year.

Well, the Club is delighted to announce that it signed just over 11,000 new members for the 2011 season, and that played a significant part in an all-time record membership year at Tigerland.

The Club sends sincere thanks to all those who got right behind Operation 10,000 and, especially, the 11,000 new members in 2011.

Full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/120169/default.aspx 

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #829 on: August 08, 2011, 07:43:56 PM »
LMFAO at the girl who called me today from the club asking me to donate $200.

Poor girl she rang the wrong guy. Im done putting money in this club.

Membership is the only thing they will get off me until they start coming to the party
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Gigantor

« Reply #830 on: August 08, 2011, 07:52:22 PM »
Look i can see the enthusiasm the people at richmond have to try to drag this club out of the mire,but surely they themselves must see that the average punter is really quite disillusioned at this stage of 2011,and getting any extra money out of us will be extremely hard...and rightly so

Unless of course the boys win the last 4 games of the season and then i might dig in myself and chip in a few extra notes..lol

Tigermonk

« Reply #831 on: August 08, 2011, 07:59:54 PM »

Membership is the only thing they will get off me until they start coming to the party

They dont ever wanna contact me again for any donation. l will donate them a truck load of poo

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #832 on: August 08, 2011, 08:30:37 PM »
 :lol

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #833 on: August 08, 2011, 08:35:04 PM »

They dont ever wanna contact me again for any donation. l will donate them a truck load of poo

Better stock up on All Bran  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #834 on: October 03, 2011, 04:38:54 PM »
It's probably been there for a while but checking the membership page on the RFC I notice it says the 2011 total is now 47,902. It means we'll only need just over a 2000 increase next year to break the 50k barrier.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #835 on: October 03, 2011, 05:51:39 PM »
It's probably been there for a while but checking the membership page on the RFC I notice it says the 2011 total is now 47,902. It means we'll only need just over a 2000 increase next year to break the 50k barrier.

Beat Carlton round 1 and we will do it easy 8) 8)

dwaino

« Reply #836 on: October 03, 2011, 06:16:48 PM »
Looking forward to next year and upgrading my membership. This is the bit where I take cover and say I've only ever had a 3 game membership. But I only moved back to Melbourne (originally from country Vic) from Brisbane after 20 years just 3 years ago and I never had anyone to go with. Only had a brother down here but as far as he is concerned there is only one team in the comp which is Collingwood and my mates only want to go to the footy if their teams are playing. So basically I only found myself going to our away matches or games we don't even play. But now my old man moved back down (he used to help run the Tigers supporters group in Brisbane) and my missus wants to start going to the footy with me despite being a bluebagger. So next year that will be one upgraded 16 gamer, a new membership and a new membership  :cheers