Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 923909 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #3060 on: January 19, 2012, 11:59:59 AM »
Good to hear more positive news and views of Conca and Ellis  :thumbsup.

Our drafting has really turned the corner MT. Ellis looks ready to plug and play. :thumbsup

So hard to really tell anything from pre season training though when you have nothing to gauge performances against
Too many times we've looked great only to flunk in the season proper. Only time will show how much we have improved against our opposition.

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #3061 on: January 19, 2012, 08:56:16 PM »
Hey Magic,

Abracadabra.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3062 on: January 19, 2012, 09:03:56 PM »
Great report Danog! I read reports today that Derickx is training exclusively as a tall forward. I would assume with so many players fighting for the ruck position, the club is looking for a backup to Vickery in the forward/ruck role. Would be interesting to hear how he lead, marked and moved around the forwardline? Was he working well with the other forwards?  :cheers

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3063 on: January 19, 2012, 09:08:22 PM »
Leading was good, and marked in front of him arms stretched.  Nothing to complain about there.  I read somewhere else that Derickx was supposedly dropping a fair few marks in the simple kicking drill, but I wasn't looking in his direction when that drill was happening.  Oh well.  If he's taking the difficult marks, then that's fine with me.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3064 on: January 19, 2012, 09:24:54 PM »
Hey Magic,

Abracadabra.

I'd love to conjure up a Tiger premiership rimau35.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #3065 on: January 19, 2012, 09:41:22 PM »
Great to read a training report from someone who actually went.

Thanks Danog.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #3066 on: January 19, 2012, 09:44:18 PM »
Hey Magic,

Abracadabra.

Me too, but there is no such thing as magic in sport. Just hard work and the occasional fluke like Hawthorn.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3067 on: January 19, 2012, 09:47:05 PM »
Leading was good, and marked in front of him arms stretched.  Nothing to complain about there.  I read somewhere else that Derickx was supposedly dropping a fair few marks in the simple kicking drill, but I wasn't looking in his direction when that drill was happening.  Oh well.  If he's taking the difficult marks, then that's fine with me.

Fantastic Danog!  :thumbsup

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #3068 on: January 20, 2012, 07:38:12 AM »
Hey Magic,

Abracadabra.

Me too, but there is no such thing as magic in sport. Just hard work and the occasional fluke like Hawthorn.
What about Maurice!!!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3069 on: January 20, 2012, 07:39:47 AM »
Hey Magic,

Abracadabra.

What about Maurice!!!
Nice work Tiger. :thumbsup

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #3070 on: January 20, 2012, 12:10:06 PM »

I was also in attendance. I saw the X-Man spill two absolute sitters in a row in the long 'leading and kicking' drill. Sharpened up after that and as you mention was prevalent in the later more competitive drills. Could well feature prominently this year.

Some other things i noticed:
- The session in general was very competitive and physical. Tackling hard and bumping each other between drills. There seems to be a tough edge to this summer.
- We have some real size about us now. Very few bean poles and midgets getting around. A far cry from the push-overs of yesteryear. Very pleasing.
- Arnott's footskills need work, but he is evidently very strong. Tried to take on Rance at one point and got buried.
- Lids is an absolute specimen right now. Shoulders and arms are something to behold. Didnt miss a beat and was vocal.
- Rance is clearly the general down back now. He is regularly marshaling and barking instructions. He appears to have the the respect of the group too. Trains hard and hates making mistakes.  :thumbsup
-  Connors looked tired and unfit. Gawnski after this year.
- Ellis didnt miss a target from what i saw. Has nice muscle definition and looks very fit already. Shoe in for round 1 and im looking forward to it.
- Edwards looked sharp and focused, apart from the one shank that i saw.
- Conca looked smooth and skilfull. big year coming up.
- Jack was lively and upbeat in the few drills that he participated in early. Had pretty decent muscle definition.
- Big Ivan trained well too. Looks like a competitive beast. Tremendous mullet.
- Didnt see much of his namesake apart from one beautiful incisive pass in one of the competitive 'game like' drills. Looks small, but appears to have good skills.
- At one point early on Dimma was unimpressed with the way one of the groups was performing a drill. Heard him say 'poohouse the lot of you'. Not sure if he was referring to their intensity or their lack of structure, but the intensity lifted after this.
- Our two new rookies Darrou and Wright are big burly bastards who move pretty well. Skills need some work though, which is not surprising i suppose. Still interesting prospects.
- Saw Robin put in a great third and fourth tackling effort in one of the competitive drills that won him the praise of his teamates.

sorry I couldnt give more info. I have the memory of an 80 year old.

In short, i am just itching for round one and i think we can give it a real shake this year. I've been very wrong before tho so who the eff knows.
Im off to Berlin for a few weeks next week, so enjoy the rest of your summer, folks.

eff Carlton and so on.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3071 on: January 20, 2012, 12:31:22 PM »
Im off to Berlin for a few weeks next week, so enjoy the rest of your summer, folks.

Berlin? You lucky so 'n' so

Great city is Berlin; one of my favourites. Will get back there one day  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #3072 on: January 20, 2012, 01:17:22 PM »
Nice one Dicky  :thumbsup

Get down to K-Berg and tear that scheissen up

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #3073 on: January 20, 2012, 01:38:34 PM »
Thanks for the report Wilbur.  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame