Author Topic: Liam McBean [merged]  (Read 167830 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Liam McBean [merged]
« Reply #375 on: December 05, 2013, 01:27:30 PM »
McBean is gonna be a superstar

Not if he reads his own press  :whistle
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #376 on: December 05, 2013, 02:38:45 PM »

Will only inspire him to even greater heights.

A bizarre Matera/Salmon hybrid created in a lab - I call him Frankenbean.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #377 on: December 05, 2013, 03:39:13 PM »

Will only inspire him to even greater heights.

:lol

Cant wait to watch him eventually wreak terrible revenge on his creators/parents.

the claw

« Reply #378 on: December 05, 2013, 09:29:28 PM »
So does this confirm that McBean and TV / Hampson will be vying for the same spot in latter half of 2014 ?

RFC cannot have team balance with Maric, TV, Hampson & McBean in the same side ?

Surely a max of 3 out the 4 play in the September side where structure and form combine for success.
i would not think so.

riewoldt is a shoe in for ond kpf spot. hampson is a shoe in for the ruck/for spot otherwise why did we target him. imo the fight for the second kpf spot is between blokes like vickery mcbean elton astbury and possibly griffiths. none of them atm are an answer to the tuck/forward problems we have, but all could possibly be an answer to the second kpf problem.

of all of mcbean, vickery, elton,astbury, and griffiths, who is  the best aeralist among them?? it  is elton imo. i would have thought taking and competing for marks is a high requisite  for any kpf.

i suppose it leads to the question of what do you want from players 195cm plus. why play a lumbering 200cm player if he cant mark or rarely competes in the air. may as well go with a smaller more agile player.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #379 on: December 05, 2013, 10:10:02 PM »
Vickery will continue to grow in size and become harder to move aside out of any ruck contest. Vickery also has agility and speed. I think he will surprize you this year claw.

McBean can take a great grab and is fantastic below his knees. Kicks as many goals crumbing as he does from set shots. Reminds me of taller, lanker Jack to be honest minus the big screamers.

I'm not sure Elton or Griff will make it. Astbury will be a backman and showed signs of being an even better option than Grimes this year....

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #380 on: December 05, 2013, 10:14:47 PM »
on grand final day hawthorn played:

bailey
hale
gunston
franklin
roughead

why is

maric
hampson
riewoldt
vickery
mcbean

unrealistic?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #381 on: December 06, 2013, 03:06:02 AM »

bailey
hale
gunston
franklin
roughead

why is

maric
hampson
riewoldt
vickery
mcbean

unrealistic?
It's not!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #382 on: December 06, 2013, 09:48:14 AM »

:rollin That's the funniest thing I've heard today. Gotta put on some size. Maybe he needs a diet of franks 'n beans?

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:56:58 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Beanbags

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #383 on: December 06, 2013, 11:59:20 AM »
Frankenbean  :cheers

the claw

« Reply #384 on: December 06, 2013, 09:19:27 PM »
Vickery will continue to grow in size and become harder to move aside out of any ruck contest. Vickery also has agility and speed. I think he will surprize you this year claw.

McBean can take a great grab and is fantastic below his knees. Kicks as many goals crumbing as he does from set shots. Reminds me of taller, lanker Jack to be honest minus the big screamers.

I'm not sure Elton or Griff will make it. Astbury will be a backman and showed signs of being an even better option than Grimes this year....
vickery will never be a #1 ruck no matter how much size he puts on. yes vickery has agility and speed and atm thats about all hes got. again i ask what are the main kpi s you want from 200cm players.

ah mcbean. the new griffiths, well the love for a bloke whos achived nothing is comparable. its quite funny.
 potential is potential and an awful lot of players have it but it seems only at richmond are they idolised before they have turned that potential into something approaching afl standard.
is there just one richmonmd supporter  out there  who has voiced any sort of concern at all about mcbean.
 you know i got hauled over the coals for suggesting mcbean can take a mark i was told hes not taking em at coburg. and as it panned out those people were right.i know hes skinyy but again i ask what do we want from 200cm players what areas are critical they be very good at.
 is he another who has  too big a reliance on agility speed and ground work.  the club keep on telling us they drafted him to eventually become our #1 ruckman is it really so bad to ask, is that a realistic interpretation of what he is.
me i thought hed make a great chb i still think defense is his position. i have concerns about him being a ruckman and there are some little nagging feelings that he wont be a forward at the level either.
anyway once again im prepared to voice my concerns. now bag away one and all.  i know it contradicts the feel good perception of those who want him so badly to be a champion. i know it goes against popular opinion so bag away how dare someone go against the grain.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #385 on: December 06, 2013, 09:39:54 PM »
vickery will never be a #1 ruck no matter how much size he puts on. yes vickery has agility and speed and atm thats about all hes got.

why?

IMO some of tyrones best football has been from the midfield

Franklin goes alright without being able to mark

If you watch young bean at training be looks a pure forward with all the tricks. Knows where the goals are

The kids not debut yet and you are bagging him

usually a giant 'project' type would be given four + years...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 11:21:36 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #386 on: December 06, 2013, 11:18:01 PM »
Claw - I think the optimism surrounding McBean is far more justified than it ever was for Griffiths. Griffiths may yet turn into a quality player but he never had the same dominance in front of goal as McBean has had in his first year. Yes he scored as many goals from crumbing as he did from set shots but is that a bad thing. Just proves he is versatile and creative in the F50. Jack has a similar sort of ratio this year - in fact I believe he kicks more from crumbing/opportunist type than marks in 2014. Bean's marking will improve because it was always an asset for him when playing underage footy where his body size and strength was more balanced with the defenders.

I remember watching Jack play along side Morton for Coburg before he grabbed his chance the next year and I see a hell of a lot of similarities to McBean's year. I think he is a couple of seasons away from securing a permanent spot but the optimism on  is far from based opinion alone claw. The stats and highlight reel is hard to ignore.  :cheers

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #387 on: December 07, 2013, 09:28:39 AM »
I find it hard to believe you could find it a negative that a tall player has ground skills. The opposite I would've thought.
Some of the best forwards were elite because of their ability to take the ball at their shoe laces
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

tony_montana

« Reply #388 on: December 07, 2013, 02:02:11 PM »

bailey
hale
gunston
franklin
roughead

why is

maric
hampson
riewoldt
vickery
mcbean

unrealistic?

Think there's a fair difference between the 2 groups
franklin, gunston, roughead so much more agile across the ground than ours. I know Mcbean is quick and agile, but will he be when he puts on the required 17-18 kegs? Gunston can play small, none of ours can

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #389 on: December 07, 2013, 08:29:16 PM »
Tyrone is v agile

Mcbean plays small