Author Topic: Preseason game 2024 - Richmond vs Collingwood @ Princes Park, Tues. Feb 27.  (Read 4221 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Preseason game 2024 - Richmond vs Collingwood @ Princes Park, Tues. Feb 27.
« Reply #106 on: February 29, 2024, 09:20:01 AM »
LOL - how many frees were missed in those lowlights. stuffen joke

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: February 29, 2024, 09:57:30 AM »
I'm not sure why the umps bothered turning up ... other than to pay frees to Collingwood ...      :-\
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #108 on: February 29, 2024, 02:25:27 PM »
I was at the game and there were patches where we looked fantastic

Other times we looked 2nd rate. Our over the top handballing was the killer IMHO

As always I'll be interested to see what the replay shows promise on some cases doesn't

Wallace-era Hospital stuff....Handball game only works when running in waves and we weren't...... :shh
I absolutely agree and it was the most glaring thing that I took out of the whole game.
Handballs should be a second nature basic skill for any player, especially any in the system more than 2 years. There's really no excuse you can give as to why so many handpasses in one game are either ineffective and complete turnovers.

Wallace was a blowhard and loved the look of his own reflection but he couldn't raise the standards above pee poor and he wonders why during his tenure we had 0 finals appearances.

It would work if a professional footballer getting over 100k a year minimum to play a game of footy and get to train full time at a high class facility, could just do the basic fundamentals of the game to a professional standard.
It's like if a qualified electrician couldn't wire in an oven or if a plumber had trouble installing a new mixer tap or if a chef couldn't cook a medium rare steak.

Hardwick, after 2016, with first class leadership, was able to cultivate an environment of excellence even to the point of embracing deficiencies, but we were able to have ultimate success when culture demanded a professional commitment to a particular skill-set and there was none better than us in the whole competition.

There is just no excuses to poor skills especially when there is no pressure applied.
If Yze isn't going to demand excellence in the basic fundament skills of the game then he may as well pack it in because he is kidding himself and our team.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #109 on: February 29, 2024, 05:13:41 PM »
The most glaring thing to me was team selection

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: February 29, 2024, 08:54:51 PM »

Other times we looked 2nd rate. Our over the top handballing was the killer IMHO

As always I'll be interested to see what the replay shows promise on some cases doesn't

Wallace-era Hospital stuff....Handball game only works when running in waves and we weren't...... :shh
I absolutely agree and it was the most glaring thing that I took out of the whole game.
Handballs should be a second nature basic skill for any player, especially any in the system more than 2 years. There's really no excuse you can give as to why so many handpasses in one game are either ineffective and complete turnovers.

Wallace was a blowhard and loved the look of his own reflection but he couldn't raise the standards above pee poor and he wonders why during his tenure we had 0 finals appearances.

It would work if a professional footballer getting over 100k a year minimum to play a game of footy and get to train full time at a high class facility, could just do the basic fundamentals of the game to a professional standard.
It's like if a qualified electrician couldn't wire in an oven or if a plumber had trouble installing a new mixer tap or if a chef couldn't cook a medium rare steak.

Hardwick, after 2016, with first class leadership, was able to cultivate an environment of excellence even to the point of embracing deficiencies, but we were able to have ultimate success when culture demanded a professional commitment to a particular skill-set and there was none better than us in the whole competition.

There is just no excuses to poor skills especially when there is no pressure applied.
If Yze isn't going to demand excellence in the basic fundament skills of the game then he may as well pack it in because he is kidding himself and our team.
Post of the year to date. As to the premiership years we came up with a system that allowed for a lot of role players to perform that role. Now that the system is worked out we are left with our fair share of premiership players who are well just plain deficient.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #111 on: February 29, 2024, 09:29:32 PM »

Too slow & looked disturbingly like a continuation of Hardwick & Mini's selection criteria...can cop a losing season getting games into the kids but not with the same old has-beens & plodders....... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: February 29, 2024, 10:28:44 PM »
Not sure you can put the poor skills on Yze or the handball crap. That's been there for the last 2 years. Players who can't hit a target or have poor skills need to be weaned out of this team seniors or not. That's not negotiable for me.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: February 29, 2024, 10:30:59 PM »

There's no excuse for poor skills when no pressure applied agree 100% , but we have to many players who.have poor skills or struggle to hit targets you either got it or not simple as that.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame

Too slow & looked disturbingly like a continuation of Hardwick & Mini's selection criteria...can cop a losing season getting games into the kids but not with the same old has-beens & plodders....... :shh

Yup. Surely some of the cubs are getting in over kmac, Graham, Ross, Pickett and the likes.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT

👌

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

:clapping

Ive seen nothing so far to suggest much will change. If it werent for grahams injury he would be selected with grimes and pickett. Crazy
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.