Author Topic: Dear Selection Committee  (Read 2446 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Dear Selection Committee
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 07:19:00 PM »
I can't wait until Derrickx gets fit and takes over the ruck. Graham is a useless sook and makes it soooo hard for our mids to complete on a level playing field. One effort early in the game summed it up for me - ball was in Carlton's backline and they had possession. Graham was running away from the ball (he was the perfect distance to be in the contest from the kick) looking towards our defenders yelling and flapping his useless arms. He ran for about 100mts doing this, not turning to look at the ball once, and the ball just kept following him up the ground until it came in to their CHF spot and caught Graham
unaware when he finally turned around. Needless to say, Carlton got possession and scored (can't recall if it was a goal or not) but it was a shocking example of someone who had no clue or desire for the contest.   :banghead

Looks like I don't need to go on  :clapping :clapping

thanks for posting that smokey  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dear Selection Committee
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 10:57:40 PM »
I have watched the replay again and I must say that the dominance of the Carlton Ruckman was very telling. The amount of easy hitouts to advantage the Carlton midfield received was bordering on the ridiculous. Our mids were second guessing every hit out which imediately puts them behind the eightball so to speak. I thought that Vickery's Ruck work was better then Grahams when he played on the ball and at least he was a marking target. I would play Vickery as our first ruck and bring in Post as our second Ruckman/Forward. They are both young and we will still be disadvantaged but the experience they will get will benefit us in the long run.

Graham is clearly not a AFL standard Ruckman and never will be!