Author Topic: Dear Selection Committee  (Read 2495 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Dear Selection Committee
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 12:59:47 AM »
I'd do anything to have Ray Hall back lol.
Go Tigers!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 01:04:32 AM »
I think someone like Edwards should be sought by the selection commitee and have his shoulder tapped and told he'll be in the twos. Was poor tonight and has been poor during the pre season.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 01:06:21 AM »
Something has gone backwards in Edwards which is a shame had a very good year last year.

I don't know the answer. I hope Hardwick does.
Go Tigers!

tony_montana

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 01:10:40 AM »
i thought i saw him click in the 2nd half so to speak. tightened up and went hard at it and spreading well. Didnt he have his shoulder done early in the preseason? Just a touch thing i feel - expect him to be
 better next week

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 03:27:51 AM »
I must of watched a different game of footy as I thought Angus was pretty good tonight.

One of the reasons we got back into the game and he kicked a nice goal....what more do you want from a developing ruckman.

I still believe he is a "work in progress" though.
Unleash the tornado

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 07:09:43 AM »
Agree with Tuckerbag. Esler and Estaugh were far worse. Still have nightmares about Esler

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 07:10:25 AM »
One of the reasons we got back into the game and he kicked a nice goal....what more do you want from a developing ruckman.

Ohh there are so many but here's just ONE

I'd love to see is Gus actually watch the ball at centre bounces rather than his opponent.

As staggering as it may seem when he actually concentrates on the ball & watches the bloody thing he actually has an impact and wins more contests. His constant looking at his opponent costs us in a massive way

Want me to go on
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 08:34:31 AM »
Sorry Gus isnt up to it.
Warnock is a hack and he belted Gus last night at centre bounces
Thus Carltons dominaces at the clearances
I wish supporters would actually watch the game of footy

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 10:02:06 AM »
same goes for foley, has been finished crapola
As per other thread Foley was about to poo himself last night on the field, Hardwick admit he shouldn't have played as he had gastro.

Derickx would have debuted last night if he didn't bruise his heel. I think the big question is does the selection committee have Derickx run around in the 2's for a week to gain fitness, or throw him in underdone for Gus. I think even if he was underdone we would get better service then what Gus provides. He just doesn't contest!!  :banghead

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 10:25:45 AM »
Gus is one of the softest big men I have ever seen play the game. Every time he cops a knock he's on the ground whinging. Suck it up, you're a stuffing adonis and little blokes make you look weak  :banghead Would rather see Kepler Bradley running around for us :help Bring in TRex next week.

If someone throws me a stat about what Dean Cox or Jolly were doing at Gus' age then I will (as Wallet would say) "spew up"

I'd do anything to have Ray Hall back lol.

;D Now there was a bloke who gave it his best  ;D

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 10:35:58 AM »

I'd love to see is Gus actually watch the ball at centre bounces rather than his opponent.

As staggering as it may seem when he actually concentrates on the ball & watches the bloody thing he actually has an impact and wins more contests. His constant looking at his opponent costs us in a massive way

Want me to go on
yes Go on.  :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 10:41:06 AM »

Want me to go on

Thats what struck me about his game last night, after initial ruck contest, stands where he lands, flat footed and spreads his arms out.     

I also know for a fact that he has a very low pain tolerance.

When derrickx is fit he will take his spot.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 10:48:14 AM »
Graham plays like a woman  :banghead

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 11:35:06 AM »
Graham plays like a woman  :banghead

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

:cheers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 09:00:32 AM »
I can't wait until Derrickx gets fit and takes over the ruck. Graham is a useless sook and makes it soooo hard for our mids to complete on a level playing field. One effort early in the game summed it up for me - ball was in Carlton's backline and they had possession. Graham was running away from the ball (he was the perfect distance to be in the contest from the kick) looking towards our defenders yelling and flapping his useless arms. He ran for about 100mts doing this, not turning to look at the ball once, and the ball just kept following him up the ground until it came in to their CHF spot and caught Graham
unaware when he finally turned around. Needless to say, Carlton got possession and scored (can't recall if it was a goal or not) but it was a shocking example of someone who had no clue or desire for the contest.   :banghead