Author Topic: NAB 3 - Tiger squad -v- Port Adelaide  (Read 4142 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: NAB 3 - Tiger squad -v- Port Adelaide
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2016, 04:28:22 PM »
Quote from: WA Tiger link=topic=23670.msg536320#msg536320
Yeah and he fits the Hardwick mould. I just hope Hardwick doesn't get hell bent on this mould or we find a Dimond like with Miles. The Hardwick mould IMO is Morris, Marcon, Miles, Batchelor, Lambert, Moore, Townsend, Hunt, Broad, Drummond, Butler......

Mmmm, a lot of the same IMO.

Harsh on Butler WAT, he hasnt played a game yet, spent most of last year dealing with a knee injury

Will be a very good player

Actually surprised he didn't play NAB 2

Morw upside lomg term than Lambert

Ditto Broad &especialpy Drummond

Not having a go WP, just looking at so many players in the "Hardwick mould".

Except the last three you mentioned are not.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2016, 04:37:34 PM »
Yeah and he fits the Hardwick mould. I just hope Hardwick doesn't get hell bent on this mould or we find a Dimond like with Miles. The Hardwick mould IMO is Morris, Marcon, Miles, Batchelor, Lambert, Moore, Townsend, Hunt, Broad, Drummond, Butler......

Harsh on Butler WAT, he hasnt played a game yet, spent most of last year dealing with a knee injury

Maybe different positions but the same mould.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2016, 05:19:42 PM »
Come on  Georgey boy, book your spot for round 1.
Are you serious BT? Haven't seen anything that excites about this kid at all. That said I haven't seen a lot of vfl games either. What do you know?
He was playing some pretty exciting attacking footy late last year in the twos before he got injured. I thought he must have been close to getting a senior game but nothing was really said until  Choco in his update on him the other day said basically that.
Most kids take 3 or 4 years on a list to play the style of footy this kids does. He takes the game on and he is not afraid of getting caught trying something. It takes big balls for a kid straight out of TAC to do this. He has some work to do obviously but IMO he is one of the most exciting kids on our list.
:thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2016, 05:40:00 PM »

Maybe different positions but the same mould.

No they're not......Butler is quick, a good kick and has some flair, Drummond is -or was before his injury - extremely quick , Broad is smart & a very good kick....all decidedly non-"Hardwick mould" attributes....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2016, 05:44:14 PM »
With Marcon back this week I now have a feeling his at the top of the list for rookie promotion

interesting & this is based on seeing these guys Marcon, Townsend, Broad, Drummond, Butler play how many games ?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2016, 06:28:53 PM »
With Marcon back this week I now have a feeling his at the top of the list for rookie promotion

interesting & this is based on seeing these guys Marcon, Townsend, Broad, Drummond, Butler play how many games ?

Zero
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2016, 03:03:39 PM »
Every one thinks we are a far better side than port so how much should we win by, considering this is close to a dress rehearsal for the season opener for both teams.
If i take into account what i have heard  from our supporters we should win by 10 goals NAB game or not.

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2016, 03:04:41 PM »
who said we're a far better side than port?
do we sack the coach if we don't win by 10 goals?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2016, 03:24:57 PM »
Every one thinks we are a far better side than port so how much should we win by, considering this is close to a dress rehearsal for the season opener for both teams.
If i take into account what i have heard  from our supporters we should win by 10 goals NAB game or not.

20 goals min no excuses

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2016, 04:01:25 PM »
who said we're a far better side than port?

my guess would be the voices in her head. They must blur into a haze of madness and that becomes reality.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2016, 05:32:38 PM »
Funny. 12 months ago Port was favorite for the flag in many peoples eyes. So I can't see how anyone thinks we are that much better.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2016, 06:30:34 PM »

I don't think anybody here thinks we are so much better than Port. Most of the posters here would put us in a large bunch of teams fighting for 3rd to 12th. Port is in that group too. That doesn't mean we are not confident or don't rate our list, it just means we are realistic and know it's not easy to even get to the finals let alone win one, two, three. I would
 love to see a big win but in the end ( apart from some confidence going into the season proper ) it really doesn't make much difference.

Just to answer your question,  Tigers by 24

Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2016, 04:58:43 AM »

Seriously? Stuff me dude. You spend most of your time complaining about people twisting things, telling half truths ect. and then you spend another chunk sprouting this poo.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2016, 09:14:08 AM »

Seriously? Stuff me dude. You spend most of your time complaining about people twisting things, telling half truths ect. and then you spend another chunk sprouting this poo.

Fair point Claw. Your thoughts?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.