Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272341 times)

Moi

Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #540 on: April 21, 2009, 07:33:07 AM »
Thomas also said that TW had conducted himself with immense dignity and perhaps our president should try it  ;D
One of the reasons why Wallace gets a lot of my support.  He really is in control of his emotions which we need more people like that around the club  :thumbsup
I'm not saying he's not passionate about what he's doing either, but that he doesn't let it hurt his role and what he's got to do.
Love him or hate him, no-one could criticise how he's represented the club IMO.

Tigermonk

« Reply #541 on: April 21, 2009, 09:16:22 AM »
Thomas also said that TW had conducted himself with immense dignity and perhaps our president should try it  ;D
One of the reasons why Wallace gets a lot of my support.  He really is in control of his emotions which we need more people like that around the club  :thumbsup
I'm not saying he's not passionate about what he's doing either, but that he doesn't let it hurt his role and what he's got to do.

l agree he does handle himself very well, with some of them reporter questions.  l be more like Mark Harvey & Mark Williams  ;D

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #542 on: April 21, 2009, 09:22:19 AM »
* Thomas - you've made commitment and you stick by it (re: let Terry coach out the season).

Like Blight at St. Kilda??
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #543 on: April 21, 2009, 09:25:10 AM »
you get the feeling something is brewing at lexus centre and at Punt Road.

Malthouse would be magnificent at our club.

Malthouse with Buckley as an assistant??
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #544 on: April 21, 2009, 08:02:40 PM »
Caro was on again tonight this time on 3aw with Healy and Russell...

* It is a crisis but some people (in the media) are getting a touch hysterical about Richmond.

* Terry could very well see out the year but she believes there will be a caretaker eventually and she quoted the papers today saying it'll be King or Royal.

* She repeated she wants Malthouse to coach Richmond. She put it out there that Malthouse may decide to leave Collingwood and coach elsewhere before Collingwood makes a decision

* A caller rang in and said Richo is a nice bloke and works hard but he blamed Richo's "bad attitude" (demeanour on the field) and says he needs to go as this "bad attitude" is holding the side back and a bad example to the young players. Caro disagreed but she said Grant Thomas has this view of Richo too. Caro said Richo is one of the reasons people go to the football. Crowds have been unbelievable for Richmond this year.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #545 on: April 21, 2009, 08:11:18 PM »
Caro was on again tonight this time on 3aw with Healy and Russell...

* Terry could very well see out the year but she believes there will be a caretaker eventually and she quoted the papers today saying it'll be King or Royal.

that's what I call covering all bases or a nice each way bet  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #546 on: April 21, 2009, 08:38:45 PM »
that's what I call covering all bases or a nice each way bet  ::)

iirc a week and a bit ago on FC she said that Wallace would be gone if we lost to Melbourne, might have to check the tape.

But she is certainly having a bob each way atm!!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #547 on: May 04, 2009, 11:45:03 PM »
Not much new on Richmond this week....

* Caro and Hutchy said that Mattner tackle changed the game. Richmond would have gone on and won if Jack levels the scores.

* They all said in hindsight said Richo shouldn't have played. Caro said he was clearly sore and Richo said today he'll miss next week. Hutchy said it isn't as big of a loss as it once was. Richmond has shown it plays just as well without him and has other more varied options. Even last year when Richo was on fire he wasn't vital to our fortunes. Lyon said you would hope so too given we would've been planning for life after Richo.

* Caro said Cousins shouldn't play this week and needs more gametime at Coburg but the club has a dilemma on its hands as Coburg has the bye and she doesn't think Cuz will want to run around in the Coburg 2nds. Someone should have told her Coburg 2nds also have the bye.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #548 on: May 05, 2009, 01:12:32 PM »
* They all said in hindsight said Richo shouldn't have played. Caro said he was clearly sore and Richo said today he'll miss next week. Hutchy said it isn't as big of a loss as it once was. Richmond has shown it plays just as well without him and has other more varied options. Even last year when Richo was on fire he wasn't vital to our fortunes. Lyon said you would hope so too given we would've been planning for life after Richo.

You would like to think so and one reason why I am thinking to not replace Richo with a KPP forward, we would appear to have been too focused on a central target in the past and as the ones we have in backup are struggling it may be better just to bring a small to mid sized forward so the players look for the best option.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #549 on: May 11, 2009, 11:31:35 PM »
Caro said tonight that she believes Bowden, Johnson and Browny will be gone at the end of the year. Richo to decide whether he stays at the end of the season. Simmo and Cuz to stay on into 2010.

Caro and the Age are running the story tomorrow that Terry is about to be sacked whereas The Australian is running that Terry should stay on until the end of his contract.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #550 on: May 18, 2009, 10:36:46 PM »
Hutchy in the lead-in ad break said tonight they are going to talk about "our loss".

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #551 on: May 19, 2009, 12:04:59 AM »
They showed two boo-boos we made in the last 90 secs. Lyon first showed Morton kick OOTF and then at the throw-in on the wing it looked like it was Mitch? who ran away from the stoppage leaving two Port players on their own who gained possession of the footy and then he and two other Tigers were caught in no-mans land all alone at CHB as the ball went over their heads to 1-on-1 contests 20m out from Port's goal where Tredrea took the mark.

Hutchy said he still thinks we have a sneaky chance to make the Eight  :o given our completely different midfield with Cuz, Cotch and Cogs. The draw opens up now and Richmond came home strongly in the second half of the season last year. He said the Board should tell Plough tomorrow night that this is his last year no matter what happens but that he'll coach the rest of the year out and for us to go all out to win. Hutchy said all this about us straight after saying Melbourne who are also on 1-7 that although they are good enough to beat half the competition based on the past few weeks they should tank to get the priority pick and the leadership group should be told off if they start winning  :whistle. Lyon got touchy and tried to act in denial that it happens.

Just as an aside they put up an interesting graphic showing all the indigenous small forwards recruited since 2004 (first one was Aaron Davey) in an effort to apply defensive pressure within the forward 50 were all either late picks (60+) or rookies. Thomas added that Milne albeit non-indigenous was also a rookie and Caro of course added Nahas as another small rookie off the rookie list.

Caro said Nahas' performances since coming into the side off the rookie list are an indictment on their rest of our forwards who need to do something.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #552 on: May 19, 2009, 02:17:22 AM »
Morton was described by Thomas as having delusions of grandeur.......It was more like a total brain implosion
Unleash the tornado

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #553 on: May 19, 2009, 08:28:38 AM »

They showed two boo-boos we made in the last 90 secs. Lyon first showed Morton kick OOTF and then at the throw-in on the wing it looked like it was Mitch? who ran away from the stoppage leaving two Port players on their own who gained possession of the footy and then he and two other Tigers were caught in no-mans land all alone at CHB as the ball went over their heads to 1-on-1 contests 20m out from Port's goal where Tredrea took the mark.

On the couch showed one mistake that led to Tredrea's mark in the last minute.  Our runner came on and pointed to Moore (who was on Ebert apparently) telling him to get back into the space in front of Tredrea.  Moore only got half way back (if that) when the now untagged Ebert got a free possession - long kick, mark, the rest is history.  The comment was that Moore should have made a much better effort in sprinting back although in his defence, Hird said that it's not the easiest thing to do at the end of a game.  My opinion?  What was the runner doing taking him from his man directly from within the contest?????

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #554 on: May 19, 2009, 08:49:27 AM »

correct
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.