Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272358 times)

tony_montana

Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #855 on: May 10, 2010, 11:17:26 AM »
Brief summary

* Thomas believes the first 3 quarters and especially the start was the first time Richmond played at the intensity that Hardwick would want. If they can bottle that and take that with them forward then they'll be on the right track. Sure they don't have the players yet but a side isn't built around a player. It's built on setting standards.

that is exactly on the money, its resolve/discipline/intensity/honesty in the playing group that transforms a club and this doesnt happen with a snap of the fingers

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #856 on: May 10, 2010, 06:48:01 PM »
Some on here seem to think it should.

Maybe they should write a letter to santa or leave a note under their pillow for the tooth fairy
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Tigermonk

« Reply #857 on: May 10, 2010, 07:18:07 PM »
Some on here seem to think it should.

Maybe they should write a letter to santa or leave a note under their pillow for the tooth fairy

it quicker to go to Rovanemi Lapland to the Santa Village & visit him  ;D  his real  :thumbsup  l seen him & his 8 twins  ;D all dressed the same  :lol

jackstar is back again

« Reply #858 on: May 10, 2010, 07:22:49 PM »
Brief summary

* Thomas believes the first 3 quarters and especially the start was the first time Richmond played at the intensity that Hardwick would want. If they can bottle that and take that with them forward then they'll be on the right track. Sure they don't have the players yet but a side isn't built around a player. It's built on setting standards.

that is exactly on the money, its resolve/discipline/intensity/honesty in the playing group that transforms a club and this doesnt happen with a snap of the fingers

Grant Thomas  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #859 on: May 10, 2010, 10:16:50 PM »
Brief summary

Grant Thomas  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Ok Jack I remember a Thomas quote on FC last year where he stated that when he was coach at St KIlda he loved playing Richmond b/c they had a soft centre and you were all over it. Take it easy. The agenda against Hardwick you've had is almost maniacal.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #860 on: May 10, 2010, 10:18:44 PM »
Brief summary

funny, most people think the same about you but as the saying goes it's like a do do sticking their head in the sand.....
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #861 on: May 17, 2010, 10:41:53 PM »
The 4 amigos on now.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #862 on: May 17, 2010, 10:44:10 PM »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #863 on: May 17, 2010, 11:21:25 PM »
they brought up Newman, grabbing the jumper after he kicked that massive goal. I forgot about this but i freaking love seeing the players showing passion for the jumper.

Best game i have seen him play as a captain.

Also brought up Dustin Martin in good call bad call and whether Sheedy should keeps his hands off him. Thomas said that all teams have a priority to get the best talent available.

Goodluck getting him Sheeds- we have plenty more cash to splash than teams like Geelong and Hawthorn and GC couldnt get one of their big names.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #864 on: May 17, 2010, 11:29:25 PM »
Cheers for that cranny  :cheers

Caro said Sunday was a heartbreaking loss. We should have won. Tiger supporters would've been happy after last week to see us have the mental application to play out the whole game. Lyon reckons we'll now win a game this year and Thomas said we're on the right track.

The main news was Jonathan Brown and Fev were both off to Adelaide to seek treatment for their injuries. Betting on the Brisbane vs Adelaide game has been suspended.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #865 on: May 24, 2010, 10:33:03 PM »
Lyon, Caro, Hutchy and Cornflakes on now.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #866 on: May 24, 2010, 11:35:34 PM »
A couple of things about us tonight.....

Lyon praised Jack Riewoldt. Saying he is probably being judged harshly knowing how difficult it is playing in a poor struggling side. He's having a great year. Thomas said he met Jack first in Tasmania and Jack trained with them (Saints) when he was 15. Thomas said he's one of the best contested marks in the comp. and knows how to position himself. He wants to succeed and Thomas said he knew all along he'd make it.

The obligatory goodcall/bad call Richmond question was about Cuz. Hutchy said Cuz is finished and Hutchy repeated that he said so a couple of weeks back. Hutchy called Cuz a list clogger in his present state preventing someone much younger from get games.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #867 on: May 24, 2010, 11:38:38 PM »
Good to hear about Jack getting praise, Hutchy, do everyone a favour and go away!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #868 on: May 25, 2010, 12:44:23 AM »
The media are obsessed with Cuz as Benny Gale rightly mentioned on the show weeks ago. Ch 7's match report on Sunday night went something like "Essendon won last night's dreamtime at the 'G match by 35 points with Tiger Ben Cousins getting 17 possessions" lol.

It's Cuz's last year so of course he's finished. However 13 more matches from him isn't going to kill us. We have 17 players 23 y.o. and under in the side as it is. I think we're already giving the cubs a good run Hutchy.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #869 on: May 25, 2010, 06:53:18 AM »
The media are obsessed with Cuz as Benny Gale rightly mentioned on the show weeks ago. Ch 7's match report on Sunday night went something like "Essendon won last night's dreamtime at the 'G match by 35 points with Tiger Ben Cousins getting 17 possessions" lol.

It's Cuz's last year so of course he's finished. However 13 more matches from him isn't going to kill us. We have 17 players 23 y.o. and under in the side as it is. I think we're already giving the cubs a good run Hutchy.

It's the latest agenda going by the 2 new articles in the Sun today.  And lo and behold if they weren't written by the 2 mates who do a footy internet magazine together - Sheehan and Robinson.  And lo and behold if Sheehan isn't the one that Cousins made look stupid in the interview 2 weeks ago.  Funny that.  >:(