Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272335 times)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #1170 on: July 05, 2011, 05:36:39 AM »

They should donate our membership back to us.

And then the club goes broke.

Good call  :wallywink  :banghead :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1171 on: July 11, 2011, 11:07:07 PM »
They're going to talk about us now. Hutchy says we've hit the skids and Caro said it's all gone downhill since the Darwin game.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1172 on: July 11, 2011, 11:16:31 PM »
I've posted what Hutchy said about Jack (playing with a cracked rib) in the Riewoldt thread.

They blamed the turning point midway through the 3rd quarter on us not playing a ruckman. Said it was a strange decision not to play one. Lyon said Vickery was spent by midway through the 3rd and Ryder having worn down his opponent totally took over and the game totally turned around. Caro says she doesn't expect Graham to come in this week either.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1173 on: July 11, 2011, 11:25:41 PM »
That is disappointing to see Browny being double teamed like that without even another lion player in the same tv shot. Vossy needs to set up the forward line better to stop that of happening.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1174 on: July 11, 2011, 11:50:32 PM »
Good Call/Bad Call question tonight was - Should Richmond play home games in Cairns? Lyon said "I hope it doesn't cost them a top 8 spot in 3 years time"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1175 on: July 11, 2011, 11:56:19 PM »

They should donate our membership back to us.

And then the club goes broke.

Good call  :wallywink  :banghead :banghead

Oh yes I was serious... ::)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1176 on: July 12, 2011, 08:50:45 AM »
Good Call/Bad Call question tonight was - Should Richmond play home games in Cairns? Lyon said "I hope it doesn't cost them a top 8 spot in 3 years time"

Are we still going to be playing in Cairns in 3 years?  ???
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1177 on: July 12, 2011, 10:28:36 AM »

It puzzles me this guy is paid as high as anyone on a football network.

Worst case scenario how on earth is this weeks game in Cairns going to effect 3 years top 8?

Go Tigers!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1178 on: July 12, 2011, 11:14:24 AM »
If we aren't in the top 8 in 3 years something seriously wrong at Punt Rd.
Would love to see Melbourne not win a flag and we pinch one like Hawthorn while they brood and Lyon has to admit we are the better side whilst he looks at his paper at his desk while the camera is rolling. :wallywink

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1179 on: July 12, 2011, 12:37:35 PM »

If we aren't in next year then Gale's plan has failed. Then the heat in the Hardwick kitchen will go up.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1180 on: July 12, 2011, 02:33:28 PM »

If we aren't in next year then Gale's plan has failed. Then the heat in the Hardwick kitchen will go up.

Sounds like a few posters on here with a vendetta against Hardwick ??? Time to get the chicken poo ready hey guys ;)

We should amke the finals next year but its not healthy to hope for failure imho.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1181 on: July 12, 2011, 02:51:33 PM »
Boys I want to see us succeed the earlier the better. Facts are facts I believe we will be fighting for top 8 in season 2013. To make it alot of things have to go right however I still would like to see that smug look an that Demetriou organ sucking parasite if we win one before those ski chalet pooheads.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1182 on: July 18, 2011, 11:14:44 PM »
No surprise there was a whole segment about us tonight.

* 6 goals up against a young side that has struggled all year and then lose is woeful. [well der Garry!]

* Caro reminded everyone she said earlier in the year that selling games could potentially cost Richmond 12 points given we were originally scheduled to play the Suns twice this year plus once against Port Adelaide in Melbourne. In any case it wouldn't have made a difference as we're simply not good enough yet.

* Caro still has hope as she believes the right people off the field are there now and for the first time in a long time there's a long-term plan they are sticking to.

* Hutchy says right now Richmond are the biggest disappointment of the year and supporters have a right to be irate as the Tigers haven't come on as much as they should have this year. With 4 A-graders (Lids, Jack, Cotch & Martin) they should be pushing for the bottom half of the Eight as most sides don't have 4 A-graders. Lyon replied not when you don't have a backline, a ruckman and with just one forward who is out of sorts. Lyon doesn't believe Martin is A-grade yet; Caro said he's only in his second year so you can't expect consistency yet; Thomas rates Martin as A-grade.

* Caro said it could be argued that Gold Coast's young midfield is better than Richmond's. They at least have a ruckman.

* Thomas said Dimma is/will be a good coach but he made a fatal mistake not reviewing the Carlton flogging. When you're trying to build a culture you need to see the horrible stuff to go forward rather than binning it. They then brought up Brad Scott saying North would review their flogging by Collingwood and how they bounced back against the Dogs.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1183 on: July 19, 2011, 03:24:10 AM »
No surprise there was a whole segment about us tonight.

* 6 goals up against a young side that has struggled all year and then lose is woeful. [well der Garry!]

* Caro reminded everyone she said earlier in the year that selling games could potentially cost Richmond 12 points given we were originally scheduled to play the Suns twice this year plus once against Port Adelaide in Melbourne. In any case it wouldn't have made a difference as we're simply not good enough yet.

* Caro still has hope as she believes the right people off the field are there now and for the first time in a long time there's a long-term plan they are sticking to.

* Hutchy says right now Richmond are the biggest disappointment of the year and supporters have a right to be irate as the Tigers haven't come on as much as they should have this year. With 4 A-graders (Lids, Jack, Cotch & Martin) they should be pushing for the bottom half of the Eight as most sides don't have 4 A-graders. Lyon replied not when you don't have a backline, a ruckman and with just one forward who is out of sorts. Lyon doesn't believe Martin is A-grade yet; Caro said he's only in his second year so you can't expect consistency yet; Thomas rates Martin as A-grade.

* Caro said it could be argued that Gold Coast's young midfield is better than Richmond's. They at least have a ruckman.

* Thomas said Dimma is/will be a good coach but he made a fatal mistake not reviewing the Carlton flogging. When you're trying to build a culture you need to see the horrible stuff to go forward rather than binning it. They then brought up Brad Scott saying North would review their flogging by Collingwood and how they bounced back against the Dogs.

What a idiot Lyon is . No Backline  maybe due to injurys peanut to ,did he mention no Grimes,Astbury or Moore.And just one forward who is injuried what about Vickery and Griffths what a peanut.Cant stand him wont slag the demons tho and there so called star Watts.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1184 on: July 19, 2011, 06:58:38 AM »
What a idiot Lyon is . No Backline  maybe due to injurys peanut to ,did he mention no Grimes,Astbury or Moore.And just one forward who is injuried what about Vickery and Griffths what a peanut.Cant stand him wont slag the demons tho and there so called star Watts.

No Lyon was right and you are agreeing with him  ;D. The fact that he didn't meniton injuries isn't relevant....

We have no backline and that's because of the reason you state = so many of the key ones being out injured. We haven't really had a settled back six with our long term KP backs playing to together for most of the season.

So I thought Lyon was preety accurate in his assessment...

Hutchy was the one who made moronic statements   ;D

I would think Adelaide would hold the title of most disappointing - most were tipping them (Hutchy included) to finish top 6 and they will finish bottom 4.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)