Author Topic: Mrc - social club  (Read 3753 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Mrc - social club
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 07:12:53 PM »
Bit unrelated and not sure if it has been mentioned, but I got an email the other week re: 2014 seat restructure:

Dear JVT,

As part of our ongoing review of membership products and services, the Club is currently investigating options as to how we can increase capacity in the 3121 membership package.  Amongst other benefits, which are detailed below, 3121 members have access to seating in bays N10 – N15 and use of the three private bars and dining rooms directly behind the reserved seats.  As you may be aware, the 3121 package is sold out and has an extensive waiting list.  Whilst there is ample capacity available through the private bars and dining rooms, any further growth is being stunned by a lack of seating for 3121 members.

A number of options are currently being considered to help solve this problem, one of those options is for bay N9 to become a 3121 seating bay.  For this to occur, the Club would need to provide an adequate solution for those members currently sitting in bay N9.  One of the solutions currently being considered is to offer members in bays N7 –N9 a complimentary upgrade to 3121 in 2014, in exchange for relinquishing their reserved seat. By making this offer across three bays, Club staff should be able to allocate members within these neighbouring bays to ensure that any changes to existing member seating would be minimal. 

Essentially our offer to you as a reserved seat member in bays N7-N9 is as follows;
1. A free upgrade to 3121 in 2014. This will be a saving of approximately $500 and will include:
•   Level 2 Reserved Seating Area and the ability to purchase guest passes for friends or family.
•   Pre-match address by an Assistant Coach and current Richmond players – Hosted by Club great, Dale Weightman.
•   Access to 3 private rooms with bars and the ability to purchase meals.
•   General admission access to all away games that Richmond play in Melbourne.
•   Pre-season function exclusive to 3121 members, held at the ME Bank Centre
•   Priority access to purchase finals tickets and guaranteed access to purchase a reserved seat at the Grand Final if Richmond is participating.

2. Your reserved seat would then be used to assist with making the necessary changes that will allow N9 to be used as 3121 seating in 2014 and beyond.

Your 3121 pricing would revert to the standard 3121 pricing in 2015 and beyond, where you would have the priority opportunity to renew. Note that a waiting list currently exists for this membership package.

If you are keen to take up the offer, please click the “Upgrade Me” button below. For more information or if you have any additional questions, please click “Request a Call”. If your circumstances have changed and you are looking for a different package or can’t commit to next year, please select “I want to change my package in 2014”.

--------------------------

So, if I am reading correctly, take the upgrade and your reserved seat moves to N9 (relinquishing your seat's original position). Then, if you do not want to continue with the 3121 into 2015, you lose your new N9 allocation seating (which is now for 3121) and, what do you know, all other reserved seats are taken too. So you go onto a waiting list to get back into the membership you had this season.

Well I am guessing that is how it would work, so best be careful if you were thinking of taking up the free offer.  :police:

Yes that's the other email I was alluding to - club is on a roll it would seem  :banghead

Yes be very careful taking up the offer, free upgrade in 2014 but needing to find at least another $500 in 2015 or you're out of 3121 and without (most likely) a reserve seat in level 2 of the Southern Stand.

I spoke to the club about this yesterday as outside my 2 Inner Sanctum M'ships I have my 4 "normal" seats in N7 that I've had for over 20 years to find out what the go was. Mainly because I think the email is poorly worded in that it bangs on about the "benefits" of 3121 but is small on details if people don't want to take up the offer

Have had a couple of elderly friends who have seats in the N7-N9 area who are very upset because they were of the belief that they were going to lose their seats. Have reassured them today but this is why I get angry with the club - people deserve better than this  :banghead :banghead

One of my friends has been a member for over 50 years, has had her seat for over 20 years, that's how I met her. Ma Powell & I used to sit next to her and her late husband and we've been firm friends for 20 odd years. She rang me today while I was driving back from Albury extremely distressed.

Quite frankly with all her years of loyalty she shouldn't have to put up with crap like this, she deserves a bit more respect

As I said this morning the timing of these emails are disgraceful and this almight money grab the club seems to be on at the moments will come back to bite them. The well will dry up and the club will be the loser

Know who I point the finger at for this new greedy "attitude" too
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 08:41:48 PM »
Need to go to benny, stuff these corporate employees he needs to know

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 08:43:55 PM »
he knows.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 08:46:07 PM »
Really need to look after the true supporters, but then again were all suckers we will Always be there
You bastards.
The club is always bigger than the individual

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 08:47:41 PM »
he knows.
Does he, smart man will let him know next time I ever get the chance. Not good enough!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 08:49:10 PM »
Need to get off this, soo pumped for the cheats Sunday

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 09:50:37 PM »
Need to go to benny, stuff these corporate employees he needs to know

he knows.

Spot on al

Benny definitely knows. All these changes to membership categories are happening on his watch. Coincidence?

He also knows the club needs to increase revenues to increase footy dept spend. Hence why we have the FTF going for longer than first planned, the changes in the pricing of reserve seas this year etc. At the moment getting more $$ from members, fans and sponsors is easier than developing new revenue streams which we've spoken about a number of times and is something the club needs to do ASAP IMV

Benny is a very smart man. Knows the how much the members support and trust him, therefore while that support is there they will try and push these "changes" through

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 10:20:16 PM »
That's it for donations, all the money they get from me is though these other mess (memberships clubs guarantees merchandise etc)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 11:58:06 PM »

Who?
Would also like to know Chutneys opinion ;D

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2013, 01:27:50 AM »
That's it for donations, all the money they get from me is though these other mess (memberships clubs guarantees merchandise etc)
:clapping stuff them tbh. We should be enjoying this week.  :banghead

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2013, 09:36:48 AM »

Who?

Read my post about Benny Gale, think you should be able to work it out as I've spelt it out  ;D

As for Chutney, their response when they heard about the Level 2 seating email and then the MRC email and we were chatting about it was "Sh_it, the club's clearly lost the plot!" Then something about watching Wall Street. Final comment was about getting a nasty bite on the rear end (have substituted an word starting with "A" with rear end BTW)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2013, 10:33:24 AM »
Not going to spoil tomorrow, can't wait.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2013, 11:15:19 AM »
We'll have to enjoy it whilst we can still afford a seat.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2013, 11:31:15 AM »
We'll have to enjoy it whilst we can still afford a seat.

:yep
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2013, 12:14:42 PM »
 :thumbsup

No it won't, hence why they are sending out these sneaky email this week  >:(

Poor form RFC, disrespectful