Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 300917 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #960 on: August 03, 2014, 07:11:50 PM »
I'm not his biggest fan  :whistle but he has improved in the second half of the year. Credit where credit is due.
Still some work to do but at least he is heading in the right direction.
Good on the kid

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #961 on: August 03, 2014, 07:58:46 PM »
Only seen him shirk one contest against GWS, is improving

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #962 on: August 03, 2014, 11:21:16 PM »

Me too but the shirk wasn't a good look.  And FWIW, I agree with BT, I'm not his biggest fan but he has improved in the second half of the year. Credit where credit is due.
Good on the kid

Rampstar

« Reply #963 on: August 03, 2014, 11:25:50 PM »
I want to see him king hit an essendon player next friday night and get himself reported. when brandon starts hitting people we will be on the right track.

the claw

« Reply #964 on: August 03, 2014, 11:51:44 PM »
I want to see him king hit an essendon player next friday night and get himself reported. when brandon starts hitting people we will be on the right track.
what i want to see is him go hard at a ball knowing he will cop it if he does so.  there can be no compromise on this sort of thing.

as a team i want see us hunt players i want to see us work for our teammates i want a massive lift in defensive running  i want to see at the very least double the tackles  and i want to see somer real work by players who dont have the ball to give options to those who have it in hand.  if a mates copping a tag ffs someone anyone pick the tafgger off. freakin shepherd and block we dont do anywhere near enough 1percenters.

ffs we can be so much better in these things and more even with half a team of softies.

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #965 on: August 04, 2014, 12:14:36 AM »
We are 2nd in the AFL for contested possession differential since round 12.  That's not soft.  Do facts even register with some of you...

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #966 on: August 04, 2014, 07:01:06 AM »
We are 2nd in the AFL for contested possession differential since round 12.  That's not soft.  Do facts even register with some of you...
But near last in tackles..... :banghead
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #967 on: August 04, 2014, 09:36:26 AM »
People get a bit obsessed with tackles I think.

Sydney are 1st, Hawthorn are 18th, Fremantle are 12th, GWS are 7th.

Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Rampstar

« Reply #968 on: August 04, 2014, 09:42:26 AM »
But near last in tackles..... :banghead

whats your view on the "king hit" doc :lol

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #969 on: August 04, 2014, 10:30:44 AM »

Puts things into perspective now doesn't it  :thumbsup

Not all the players are the same. As much as I admire the bloke, we can't have a team of Miles clones. We need players who can run all day and deliver the ball. People say Ellis is not courageous but I think that is bs. I saw him smash into pack and take on opponents in marking contests all day on Saturday. His goal came directly from an act of bravery when he had only eyes on the ball, leap into the air and accepted the hit from the GWS player before marking and then running into goal.

I think sometimes people make a judgement on a kid and spend the rest of their career trying to justify that opinion.Yes he failed against Gia early in the year but he's been one of our best players in the second half of the year and he's only 20!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #970 on: August 04, 2014, 11:12:32 AM »

Absolutely facts register but for an outside mid which Ellis predominatly is he's numbers are not going to greatly influence in the contested possession column

Like Stripes, didn't think it was a good look but they appear to becoming less frequent which is a good thing

I'm not his biggest fan  :whistle but he has improved in the second half of the year. Credit where credit is due.
Good on the kid

Agree with this too, thought he took a massive step forward over in Perth  the other week with his attack on the footy
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #971 on: August 04, 2014, 01:56:46 PM »
Ellis comes of age
richmondfc.com.au 
August 4, 2014

“He’s had an outstanding year,” said Richmond’s coach Damien Hardwick.

“He probably started a little slow, but his work-rate is probably the thing that he’s discovered . . . how hard he has to work.

“He runs a lot . . . he’s just one of those guys that works up and down the ground.  And, he’s really improved his contested ball (work).

Read more and the full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-08-04/ellis-comes-of-age

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #972 on: August 04, 2014, 09:52:20 PM »

Not all the players are the same. As much as I admire the bloke, we can't have a team of Miles clones. We need players who can run all day and deliver the ball. People say Ellis is not courageous but I think that is bs. I saw him smash into pack and take on opponents in marking contests all day on Saturday. His goal came directly from an act of bravery when he had only eyes on the ball, leap into the air and accepted the hit from the GWS player before marking and then running into goal.

I think sometimes people make a judgement on a kid and spend the rest of their career trying to justify that opinion.Yes he failed against Gia early in the year but he's been one of our best players in the second half of the year and he's only 20!
For me Stripes it's been his lack of courage with ball in hand that has me hating him since day one. His kicking sideways and backwards is as gutless as not putting his head over the pill. The last few weeks he has IMO made a conscience effort to move the ball our way more often than not.
I can live with a kid being a little scared of getting hurt early on in his career but being scared to make a mistake with the footy is the softest thing you can get from a talented kid.
Is that fair Stripes?
And I think he is improving, so as I said, good on the kid.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #973 on: August 05, 2014, 08:51:46 AM »

Sure does, I wouldnt have picked that

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #974 on: August 05, 2014, 12:12:53 PM »
I have been harsh of grigg. For getting a lot of uncontested back pocket plop.

However Ellis is a different kettle of fish.

He's significantly younger. Loads more upside. Very good runner.

Even the best sides need outside players. Can't argue with the sheer number Ellis is putting up

That said he's far from faultless. The good outways the bad. Solid second tier, not the primary issue

#10 in the league for total possession. Just behind ablett and chimp. Not many years in the system