Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 300812 times)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #2085 on: September 30, 2019, 06:23:34 AM »
Motlop got cats a end of first round pick laughable.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2087 on: September 30, 2019, 09:58:08 AM »
Good luck to him. Thank-you for your part in getting us two premierships.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2088 on: September 30, 2019, 11:12:29 AM »
The Tigers won’t secure a first-round compensation selection for Ellis when leaves for the Suns on a five-year, $600,000 deal.

His salary would need to be over $700,000 per season to hand the Tigers that selection, but Richmond will find out soon whether it has secured an end-of-first-round or second-round compensation pick.

Source: Herald-Sun

Happy with end of 1st. That's a bargain IMO. Take it and run.

Thanks Brandon for your contribution. To be honest I thought he looked a gun for his first years after we recruited him, but for the last 2-3 years he has consistently frustrated me with his fluctuating level of courage & willingness to contest for the hard ball.

I thought his game vs GWS was largely poor, especially on a day where we were giving another side a fair dinkum fisting.

All the best @ GCS and I will be glad to never seen you in a Tigers jumper again. There's a handful of blokes who missed out that I would rather have - Stack, Graham, Balta, Chol, Macintosh, Ross etc. Plenty of talent to fill this little void.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Brandon Ellis to quit Tigers after Grand Final to join Gold Coast [merged]
« Reply #2089 on: October 01, 2019, 04:24:26 PM »
Suns' list manager Craig Cameron on Brandon Ellis: "We'll let him get through everything he's got to do with the Tigers. But once he's done that and ticked those boxes, we can move fairly quickly forward with that"

https://twitter.com/traderadio

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
"I believe Brandon Ellis will today announce his intentions to join the Suns" - Damian Barrett

"He's had a good season, he's a two time premiership player and now he can give himself longevity" - Matthew Lloyd

BREAKING | Free agent Brandon Ellis to request Gold Coast move today, per @barrettdamian

https://twitter.com/traderadio?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
A win-win situation. Ellis leaves with two premiership medallions and everyone's blessing to secure his future now and post-footy while we have ready-made replacements for his position on-field and we 'should' also get an end of first round compo pick.

All the best wishes, Brandon.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
make suns trade for him if we dont get that first round.

facts are he is a 2 time player that they need, and if the likes of motlop is getting a first round then i cant see why we cant get one.

vickery got us pick 29. Understood we finished lower but his contract was a third of his and ellis is a better player than him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brandon Ellis to leave as a free agent to the Gold Coast (afl site)
« Reply #2093 on: October 02, 2019, 03:29:29 PM »
The official announcement.

Two-time flag Tiger set to leave as free agent, huge Suns deal looms

AFL.com.au
Sarah Black and Mitch Cleary
Oct 2, 2019 1:54PM

TWO-TIME premiership midfielder Brandon Ellis has officially informed Richmond of his wish to explore his options as a free agent.

Ellis, 26, is a restricted free agent and is expected to join Gold Coast on a five-year deal worth more than $550,000 a season.

His Richmond teammates entered Saturday's Grand Final knowing it was Ellis' final game in yellow and black.

"Brandon has been an outstanding contributor to our team and our Club for a long period of time, and we respect his rights as a Free Agent," Richmond list manager Blair Hartley said.

"Brandon and the Club have been in constant communication throughout the season, and we would like to acknowledge the way he has conducted himself throughout the year.

"As always, Brandon has put the team first, and he is now a dual premiership player for Richmond. The club will work through the process with Brandon and his management when the Free Agency period begins on Friday."

Ellis has played 176 games for the Tigers since being selected with pick 15 in the 2011 NAB AFL Draft.

He played 23 of 25 matches this year, having reinvented himself as a winger after years as a half-back flanker, and averaged 21 disposals.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-02/twotime-flag-tiger-set-to-leave-as-free-agent-huge-suns-deal-looms

Dougeytherichmondfan

make suns trade for him if we dont get that first round.

facts are he is a 2 time player that they need, and if the likes of motlop is getting a first round then i cant see why we cant get one.

vickery got us pick 29. Understood we finished lower but his contract was a third of his and ellis is a better player than him.
Absolutely not. If we offer him the same as GC then he would stay with us, plain and simple. But we can't justify offering him decent coin when there are better players now on our list getting paid unders.

This is actually one of the few instances in which FA is working as its intended. A weaker club that has cap space is able to prize away a player from a stronger club with the incentive of more $$.

Judging from previous deals, we should be given an end of first round. But I'd say the AFL are filthy on us for Lynch last year, so I doubt it happens.

(Motlop got a end of first round for a 4 year, 500k deal 2 years ago. A five year 600k deal demands the same compensation at the very least, but we shall see....)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Brandon Ellis to leave as a free agent to the Gold Coast [merged]
« Reply #2095 on: October 02, 2019, 03:38:59 PM »
The Tigers will not receive a first-round compensation pick for Ellis, but could get a second-round pick or even an end-of-first round selection soon after that first pick.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/trade-daily-live-rolling-footy-news-from-around-australia-for-wednesday-october-2-2019/live-coverage/66eb52f4a8647848ac93f90ce6a7a05f

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #2096 on: October 02, 2019, 03:41:25 PM »
The Tigers will not receive a first-round compensation pick for Ellis, but could get a second-round pick or even an end-of-first round selection soon after that first pick.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/trade-daily-live-rolling-footy-news-from-around-australia-for-wednesday-october-2-2019/live-coverage/66eb52f4a8647848ac93f90ce6a7a05f
Correct me if I'm wrong but as our first pick is the last pick of the first round, wouldn't it not make any difference if it is 1st round or end of first round?

(As opposed to if we finished last and had the first pick, where there would be a significant difference between first round and end of first round)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2097 on: October 02, 2019, 04:01:34 PM »
Has to be end of first round 2 time flag player on a big contract a they trying to screw us.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2098 on: October 02, 2019, 04:18:20 PM »
Mitch Cleary on SEN just now reckons we'll get an end of first round pick because Ellis being a restricted free agent is/was in the top 10 (top 25%) of money earners at Richmond and is only moving to a significant 5-year $600k contract at the Suns because he won't get that kind of money if he stays at Richmond.

Cleary added that Richmond would know what they are likely to get as compo so are happy to let Ellis. A good deal for both parties. The premiers will have two picks (he said 18 & 19) in the top 20.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2099 on: October 02, 2019, 04:28:51 PM »
After GC's extra pick and academy bidding both picks will be mid 20's... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.