Author Topic: When will we win our next game?  (Read 2782 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: When will we win our next game?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 08:06:20 AM »
We'll win a game sooner or later this season..anyone who thinks we won't has rocks in their head and is a poor student of the game

an astute student of the game may believe even if we do win a game its because the oposing team tanked it to pay for their end of season footy trip  ;)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 04:32:44 AM »
TOOTHLESS TIGERS

Richmond's inept start to the season has sparked a new bet type across Australia this week.

Punters have asked bookies to frame a market for the Tigers to go through the season without singing the club song. Darwin Sportsbet's Phil Hannah says the $16 about a winless yellow and black season is proving popular.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21750011%255E19771,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 04:21:49 AM »
OPINION: Back to 1972
by: Paul Gough
Sportal

It was 1972 and it was also the last time two clubs squared off in the AFL, then the VFL, while still winless in the middle of the season.

And Melbourne and Richmond are just three weeks away from equalling that unwanted slice of history this season.

The two teams are scheduled to meet in round 12 at the MCG in the showpiece Friday night game during the second half of the split round.

And while both sides could well win a game before that meeting it seems unlikely.

The Demons in particular face a tough road with MCG matches against the high-flying Kangaroos and Adelaide to come before their annual Queen's Birthday showdown against Collingwood, prior to the clash against the Tigers.

Richmond's run is slightly easier because they have home games against two teams outside the eight over the next fortnight in Essendon and Brisbane but they will still be rank outsiders to win either game before facing Fremantle in Perth prior to meeting the Demons.

While neither club would dare look that far ahead yet, the Demons-Tigers clash in round 12 is already shaping up as the ultimate 'mockbuster'.

The last time two teams were winless after eight rounds of the season was 1991 - Fitzroy and the Brisbane Bears - and they were still both winless after nine rounds before Fitzroy shocked Geelong in round 10.

Which brings us back to 1972.

That year the Cats and the Kangaroos were still winless after ten rounds of the season and they met on the Queen's Birthday Monday in round 11 at VFL Park.

And in what shapes as an omen for the Tigers and Demons in four rounds time, the result of that match had a huge impact on the club's fates for the rest of that season.

The Kangaroos would win only one game for the season in finishing last while the Cats' fortunes would recover that season with the club going on to win another six games in finishing 10th.

But ironically it was the Roos who would eventually emerge the stronger with their revival beginning the following year under supercoach Ron Barassi - culminating in their first flag three years later - while the Cats would continue to struggle throughout the 70s and even today are still searching for that long-awaited first flag since 1963.

Full article at: http://www.sportal.com.au/football.asp?i=news&id=99040

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 02:22:39 PM »
I think we will need some serious help from above to get near Essendon and we have a better chance against Brisbane at the Dome than the Dees.

But we havent scored more than 100 points at all this season and Terry now has the choice of giving us a better chance of winning games by keeping them tight and bottling it up or trying to set up an attacking game plan and see us get blown away now and again. Either way I think this season is a write off in terms of the team game plan. The best I am hoping for is that 5 or 6 of the young blokes show continual comittment and individual improvement.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 03:18:46 PM »
If Brisbane gets done by the Pies at home this week then I'd reckon we will beat them at the Dome. They have really struggled over the past month and we should have Simmo back.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 05:49:45 PM »
Reckon we will beat the bummers this week  :thumbsup

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 12:06:53 AM »
BUMP

Any revised predicitions

As expected Brisbane were there for the taking. The spirit in the group seems pretty good outwardly. Still, its hard to see us putting 4 good quarters together with the amount of basic skill errors we make.

Melbourne are in great form we wont beat them.

Jackstar mentioned Port in another thread which is a good shout.

There are not many teams who I think we can outscore. I think we've kicked over 100 once. I give us an outside chance against the Hawks if they have a bad day.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 12:13:22 AM »
Collingwood home game in Round 19. Nothing more satisfying than derailing their finals campaign and winning our first game against those mugs. Melbourne have been a bogey club since 04 and we have not looked like beating them. Sure we will have a few close calls between now and the Pies game but in all honesty I feel that is where we will get our first win in 07.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 03:13:03 AM »
Neitz (medial) and Travis Johnstone (hammy) are iffy for the Melbourne game. Dees no certainties if they both miss.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 08:48:43 AM »
The Sainters could be ripe for the picking.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2007, 11:16:05 AM »
I think we're genuine chances against:
- Melb
- Kangas
- Stk at Telstra
- Hawks
- Port at MCG
- Collingwood
- Essendon
- Stk at MCG

I predict we'll win between 2 and 4 of these matches

The only ones I can't see us winning are Swans, Geelong and Eagles, all away matches

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2007, 09:50:08 PM »
Bring on the Saints I say ;D

:gotigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2007, 05:53:16 PM »
Richo's 250th against Port at the 'G :thumbsup.

He tore them apart in his 200th remember :bow

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2007, 06:33:18 PM »

As long as we still get a priority pick

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2007, 06:36:38 PM »

As long as we still get a priority pick
We are allowed to win 3 games and still keep it  :thumbsup.