Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272315 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #1125 on: May 02, 2011, 11:33:52 PM »
They only had a brief look at our game and it was once again all about Dusty. Thomas loves everything about Dusty - his composure and strength in his hips to maintain his balance, etc. Hutchy said Martin would be leading our B&F.

The good call/bad call question was "Should we stop calling Jake King the 'much maligned Jake King'?". Thomas said no as Kingy would love being called maligned as the more people call him that he plays better.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1126 on: May 03, 2011, 01:03:42 AM »
What club did they say are having a meeting tonight. With the club saying the coach won't be talked about them( 4 amigo's) claiming he will be.

Smellbourne
When the Prez offers full support of the coach publicly it usually means the coach will be getting the sack within the next month lol

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/demons-have-nowhere-to-hide-says-captain-brad-green/story-e6frf9jf-1226048727427

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1127 on: May 08, 2011, 09:48:20 PM »
Dont forget its on tonight instead of Monday due to footy being on tomorrow night.
I wonder if the band wagon support will keep up seeing how we got another win.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1128 on: May 08, 2011, 10:43:31 PM »
Dont forget its on tonight instead of Monday due to footy being on tomorrow night.

Switched back to the movie Trading Places on Foxtel. Could Gary resist not starting the show with Melbourne's huge win today? WGAF.

Don't need footy classified to praise us. Spare me the crocodile tears. :help

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1129 on: May 08, 2011, 10:58:50 PM »
Four servings of champagne journalism coming right up....

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1130 on: May 08, 2011, 11:04:56 PM »

Switched back to the movie Trading Places on Foxtel. Could Gary resist not starting the show with Melbourne's huge win today? WGAF.

Don't need footy classified to praise us. Spare me the crocodile tears. :help

Haha I missed half of the melb rap up Come Fly With Me had a 15 minute sneak peak ad that ate into the show starting so I missed first 5 minutes. Did that happen to anyone else?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1131 on: May 08, 2011, 11:08:53 PM »
Four servings of champagne journalism coming right up....

:lol :rollin :lol

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1132 on: May 08, 2011, 11:48:58 PM »
All positive talk about us tonight.

Thomas said Hardwick has now got us consistently showing defensive pressure on the turnover whereas in the past Richmond teams were selective.

They praised Nahas' game. Thomas was impressed with Robbie's gut running (eg: running 80m before get receiving the ball for his second goal on the run).

Caro said Cotch is all class and mentioned how opposition side's might tag one of Cotch and Martin but then the other hurts them. Thomas liked Dimma's match-up of having Cotch on Pavlich. Pav normally doesn't have to worry about showing a defensive side when in the midfield as he usually has a hard tag on him. Cotch knew when we gained possession he could run off Pav.

Lyon mentioned how Hardwick said at the start of the year we weren't going to rely on Jack Riewoldt as much for our goals and how they in the media thought at the time 'yeah right!'. However Dimma was right and now we have a spread of goalkickers. We had 10 different goalkickers against Freo.

They also praised Vickery and how he is coming along. The good call/bad call question was "does Garry Lyon owe Vickery an apology?". Lyon said he did have doubts on Tyrone in the past if he was ever going to make it and now those doubts have gone.

The viewer poll this week is "Can Richmond make the Final Eight this year?"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1133 on: May 09, 2011, 06:59:01 AM »
Caro described Cotch as a "beautiful" player  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1134 on: May 09, 2011, 09:01:14 AM »
rumour has it that Caro has signed a deal with Dimmeys to supply her fashion items for the remainder of the year :lol

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1135 on: May 09, 2011, 09:18:16 AM »
rumour has it that Caro has signed a deal with Dimmeys to supply her fashion items for the remainder of the year :lol
Good on dimmeys, must have put up serious cash to lure her from kmart...
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1136 on: May 09, 2011, 09:23:07 AM »
Kmart arent happy either >:(

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1137 on: May 09, 2011, 05:45:08 PM »
tosser

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1138 on: May 16, 2011, 11:37:43 PM »
The viewer poll this week is "Can Richmond make the Final Eight this year?"
67% said we can  :o but the vote was taken before the loss to the Dogs.

Hardly anything else on us. All they said was Rance had an off game (showed some vision of him punching the ball through for a point when he could have marked). Caro then made the obvious point that this week and even against Freo last week we leaked too many soft goals and used the same excuse as Dimma did about us having 4 teenagers in defence with Newy trying to hold it together as our only defender who has played more than 30 games.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1139 on: May 23, 2011, 11:47:11 PM »
All positive Richmond talk tonight.

Praised Browne's game in the ruck and how we've persisted with him into his third year. Hutchy mentioned that nearly all the top ruckmen in the comp. have come off the rookie list - Sandilands, Cox, Mumford and Jamar. Proof ruckmen take time and you need to persist with them.

Thomas said Vickery is coming along nicely now after a year or so ago people questioning him. Hutchy said he's also a good kick for goal and the goals he kicked on Saturday night all came at crucial times for us.

They also praised Rance in defence and showed some highlights of his game.

Caro said one player who is representing this new soul in the team now is Jake King who every year is considered in his last year given one year contracts yet keeps fighting on. Thomas said that goes back to his coach Damien Hardwick who deserves a lot of praise and is coaching well. I think it was Caro who said all the players they spoke about tonight (all four of them) were at one stage or another had their careers questioned even by Richmond supporters but are now playing well. Thomas repeated it's all credit to Hardwick that we're now seeing those quantum leaps in improvement in players you'd expect from a side like Richmond.

Thomas finished off about us by saying the happiest two people right now about Richmond will be Demetriou and Anderson in terms of ticket sales, ratings, etc. The passion and following of Richmond is immense and what amazes him is the support is still so large and strong despite us being down so long. He said because of that there's so much upside with Richmond as a club. Caro mentioned the noise emanating from the Richmond end of the 'G is massive and how Hardwick has publicly said it's our 19th man.