Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272326 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #1830 on: March 17, 2014, 10:55:32 PM »
Caro Pwns Hutchenberg
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1831 on: March 17, 2014, 11:06:12 PM »
It was mostly about Jack tonight. Lloyd reckons Dimma is trying to follow the Hawthorn model too much regarding having a spread of forward options that just didn't rely on Franklin. Whereas Hawthorn have other genuine forwards in Roughead, Gunston, Bruest, Rioli with Hale resting forward, Richmond's other options are Vickery (inconsistent), Griffiths (unproved), Dusty and Shane Edwards. Lloyd said Hardwick needs to use Jack 70% up forward and 30% up the ground. He also said it wasn't the best option for Jack to lose weight. Jack's smart and creativity close to goal is his greatest asset. Now they've got Vickery as their main forward target. They went 14 times to Vickery and only 3 times to Jack. Lyon said Richmond won 15 games and played finals last year spreading the forward options and if Dimma was sitting with them he would say that.

Caro said Jack needs to stop be immature blaming the media for not writing what he wants them to write. The media will report what they see. She said Cotchin and the leadership group needed to pull Jack aside.

Both Lyon and Lloyd had no issue with Hardwick singling out Ellis and Conca in his post-match media conference.

Caro didn't believe the loss was anywhere near as bad as the Carlton & Collingwood losses on the weekend. Gold Coast are now a good side and they always (sic) beat Richmond anyway.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1832 on: March 18, 2014, 12:21:12 PM »
I agree that we targeted Vickery far too much but how much of that was also how Jack was positioning himself and how he was presenting? I don't believe Jack is in any sort of form yet. Vickery is playing deeper will always make him the long target.

My suggestion would be to rotate the two throughout a game to make us inconsistent and ensure that we are not one dimensional. With Vickery being so badly beaten on Saturday night I would have thrown Jack back closer to goal.

With a larger ground and better delivery of the ball by our midfielders, I'm am sure the forward line will function much better against the Bluebaggers  :pray

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1833 on: March 18, 2014, 12:49:26 PM »
Can't be bothered starting a thread so I'll plonk this here... If anyone saw the Ricky Nixon thing on Open Mike last night I'd like to know what they thought ?
 Personally , I don't think the bloke is a well man. I've never seen an interview with so many blatant lies and contradictions. It was horrendous !
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1834 on: March 18, 2014, 01:07:42 PM »
I agree that we targeted Vickery far too much but how much of that was also how Jack was positioning himself and how he was presenting? I don't believe Jack is in any sort of form yet. Vickery is playing deeper will always make him the long target.

My suggestion would be to rotate the two throughout a game to make us inconsistent and ensure that we are not one dimensional. With Vickery being so badly beaten on Saturday night I would have thrown Jack back closer to goal.

With a larger ground and better delivery of the ball by our midfielders, I'm am sure the forward line will function much better against the Bluebaggers  :pray
Interesting about the larger ground. A Sydney mate swears we play the MCG better than anyone. Now for not being mentally weak against sides like Carlton.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1835 on: March 18, 2014, 02:52:12 PM »

Only flaw in that plan Stripes, is that Metricon is almost identical in size to the MCG and is larger than most other grounds.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1836 on: March 18, 2014, 03:06:53 PM »

Only flaw in that plan Stripes, is that Metricon is almost identical in size to the MCG and is larger than most other grounds.

Is that right...then   :booboo.  Gold Coast certainly closed down our space and options then which is down right frightening. Has it the same width? I would be far more confident playing these guys later in the season when the pace of games have slowed and on the MCG where we 'seem' to have more time and latitude to move the ball.

Hats off to them really - they ripped our gameplan to shreds.  :help

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1837 on: March 18, 2014, 03:48:08 PM »
Lots of conflicting measurements but from the AFL site:

MCG
Capacity: Approx 100,000
Ground dimensions: 160m x 141m

Metricon Stadium
Capacity: 25,000
Ground dimensions: 160m x 134m

I wouldn't think 7m in width overall is significant in the big picture of ball movement.

A couple of others just for interests sake:

The Gabba
Capacity: 42,000
Ground dimensions: 156m x 138m

Patersons Stadium
Capacity: 43,082
Ground dimensions: 175.6m x 122.4m

SCG
Capacity: 45,500
Ground dimensions: 149m x 136m

ANZ Stadium
Capacity: 81,500
Ground dimensions: 159.5m x 128.8m

Etihad Stadium
Capacity: 53,355
Ground dimensions: 159.5m x 128.8m

Simonds Stadium
Capacity: 28,300
Ground dimensions: 170m x 115m

tony_montana

« Reply #1838 on: March 18, 2014, 04:07:10 PM »

Not hard when we tell the world what we're looking to do every other week. We tell them how we're going to play ablett, we are going to play Dusty off HB, Newman up fwd, Jack away from goal...we tell everyone last year we are going to play tempo footy and when a player puts the ball above his head it signifies keepings off. I may be wrong but I really don't see any other side in the comp talking this way to the media, we need a new media manager, we have nfi and run our mouths too much, talk is cheap

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1839 on: March 18, 2014, 04:16:34 PM »
   Gold Coast certainly closed down our space
they did, but we certainly made it easier with our lack of effort to create space.
The amount of times the TV camera would pan the ground and see every tiger flatfooted was  :banghead
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1840 on: March 18, 2014, 04:28:48 PM »

Not hard when we tell the world what we're looking to do every other week. We tell them how we're going to play ablett, we are going to play Dusty off HB, Newman up fwd, Jack away from goal...we tell everyone last year we are going to play tempo footy and when a player puts the ball above his head it signifies keepings off. I may be wrong but I really don't see any other side in the comp talking this way to the media, we need a new media manager, we have nfi and run our mouths too much, talk is cheap
:clapping :clapping We are a stuffing dumb football club.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1841 on: March 18, 2014, 05:05:06 PM »

Why doesn't Hardwick send the media the full blueprint to our game plan?  At least then nobody will have to say anything more to them for the rest of the season..... :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1842 on: March 18, 2014, 08:04:45 PM »
Lots of conflicting measurements but from the AFL site:

MCG
Capacity: Approx 100,000
Ground dimensions: 160m x 141m

Metricon Stadium
Capacity: 25,000
Ground dimensions: 160m x 134m

I wouldn't think 7m in width overall is significant in the big picture of ball movement.

Thanks for this Smokey! Great research  :clapping

Its funny you say that though because I feel it would create a noticeable amount of additional space around the wings. The ground is fair more circular than say Pattisons which is almost rectangular. Really changes your game style, structure and selections. I think we are going to go back to the days when the inter-state teams exploit their home ground advance over the rest of the competition. The conditions will be clearly different for GC and GWS home grounds compared to the Melbourne grounds and not just because of the dimensions of the ground.

Ultimately it shouldn't have made as much of a difference as it did. The pace of the game and the prolonged man-on-man pressure they fitter GC players were able to maintain was our undoing.  :scream

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1843 on: March 18, 2014, 08:53:36 PM »

Its funny you say that though because I feel it would create a noticeable amount of additional space around the wings.

Yeah, only my opinion Stripes but given the measurements are taken from the widest point on the wings I don't think 3.5 mts of extra space each side out there (which will reduce as you get to the flanks and pockets) isn't enough to make a tangible difference, especially when the length of the ground is the same.  10+ mts on the other hand (5+ each side or in length) starts to become significant.  But as I said, only an opinion, I've got nothing else to back that up with!   ;D

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #1844 on: March 18, 2014, 09:44:11 PM »

Yeah she is no MCG though, Smokester, I was there!!!!!
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''