Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272349 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #450 on: November 11, 2008, 03:16:15 AM »
Hird will join Healy and Sheahan On the Couch next year replacing Walls.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24632905-19742,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #451 on: March 23, 2009, 07:47:08 PM »
A reminder that Footy Classified starts up for 2009 at 10:40pm tonight with Grant Thomas joining Caro, Lyon and Hutchy.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #452 on: March 23, 2009, 10:35:40 PM »
Hutchy saying on the lead-in ad "will Fev play".

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #453 on: March 23, 2009, 11:19:57 PM »
They spoke about Cousins of course....

* Thomas said Wallace will use Cousins sparingly and up front. His legs will feel like leather from all the nervous energy he must be feeling right now.

* Caro said the AFL commission is still a bit infuriated by Cousins' smile. Thomas replied he was picked on for frowning.

* On his NAB Cup performance - Caro said he was very underdone and really only did a few nice things. The helayullahs were over the top. Thomas agreed and said Cuz was trying to do a few 1-2s to get into the game and get hands on the footy.

* Thomas said St Kilda's culture was still in its infancy and having Cousins plus the doco would've been a distraction. Lack of success due to individualistic culture and idolising individuals. That's why St Kilda have only won one flag by 1 point in 113 years.

* Thomas said St Kilda is front of Richmond as far as culture because that group has been together longer.

* Caro said it's been good for Richmond because we've been a team of introverts. That's changing with Lids, Jack and Cotch and Cuz will help with that more. Richmond also had nothing to lose in picking up Cuz. They all agreed.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #454 on: March 24, 2009, 09:34:56 AM »
I actually enjoyed the show last night. They were still talking over themselves at times but it was good to have a show actually talk about the footy. I'm not a Thomas fan but at least he gives an opinion unlike Archer last year. His "St Kilda has a better culture than Richmond" comment was laughable though. No ones culture is worse than the poor old Saints  :wallywink. Only St Kilda could take the list they had in 2004 and not win a flag with it. Now their window is firmly shut.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #455 on: March 24, 2009, 06:22:43 PM »
* Thomas said Wallace will use Cousins sparingly and up front. His legs will feel like leather from all the nervous energy he must be feeling right now.
I think you mean "lead" not leather.

MT - I think his point was reasonable about the current culture given it was only referring to the team being together longer. Even Grant admitted that StKilda's long term culture was damaged given it's lack of success.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #456 on: March 24, 2009, 07:24:52 PM »
MT - I think his point was reasonable about the current culture given it was only referring to the team being together longer. Even Grant admitted that StKilda's long term culture was damaged given it's lack of success.
Before last year I would've said true they are ahead of us and that was reflected on the scoreboard as they owned us. However now I would be ticked off majorly if we lose to them again this year. Take out Riewoldt and Sam Fisher and they are ordinary. They are still relying on the core group they had 5 years ago and there's not much else in terms of youth coming through.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #457 on: March 24, 2009, 07:28:41 PM »
Actually enjoyed it myself....

Best thing they ever did was get rid of Archer.

The little spat between Caro and Hutchy over Eddie was good for a giggle   :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #458 on: March 24, 2009, 08:01:12 PM »
Before last year I would've said true they are ahead of us and that was reflected on the scoreboard as they owned us. However now I would be ticked off majorly if we lose to them again this year. Take out Riewoldt and Sam Fisher and they are ordinary. They are still relying on the core group they had 5 years ago and there's not much else in terms of youth coming through.
I do agree, but I think it's a little early to be making calls on this season when it hasn't even started yet. Which would mean that based on last year they are still ahead. It's up to us to push passed them now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #459 on: March 24, 2009, 08:35:39 PM »
I do agree, but I think it's a little early to be making calls on this season when it hasn't even started yet. Which would mean that based on last year they are still ahead. It's up to us to push passed them now.
That's true Infamy. The time for talk and preseason hype is over. We need to back up the promises with actions and turn up to play beginning on the big stage that is Thursday night. First game of the season, prime time tv audience, full house at the ground - don't embarrass the club boys. Come out fired up, hit 'em with everything and just win.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #460 on: March 24, 2009, 08:46:51 PM »
Actually enjoyed it myself....

Best thing they ever did was get rid of Archer.

The little spat between Caro and Hutchy over Eddie was good for a giggle   :thumbsup

Thought the show was ok.
Can't stand Hutchy plain and simple but yes Thank God Archer is gawn.
Last thing I wanted to hear was at North we did this/that/the other. :sleep
He had no personality no charisma and no talent for a footy talk show like that.
Hopefully Thomas doesn't rant on about the Saints too much. :sleep

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #461 on: March 30, 2009, 07:22:33 PM »
FC is on again at 10.40pm tonight. Caro will probably get stuck into us.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #462 on: March 30, 2009, 08:32:30 PM »
FC is on again at 10.40pm tonight. Caro will probably get stuck into us.

Honestly , so she should

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #463 on: March 30, 2009, 09:48:23 PM »
Didn't Terry get Grant Thomas down to the club to tell some home truths the last time this sort of ineptness was on display? He might lash out too. Quite sad our players need a chair and whip to get motivated instead of doing it themselves.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #464 on: March 30, 2009, 10:41:08 PM »
Hutchy and Lyon previewing the show tonight

- Where to next for the hapless Tigers?
- Is the tail wagging the dog at Richmond in regard to Cousins?