Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272685 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #660 on: July 13, 2009, 11:10:35 PM »
Great report OE great and thank you, interesting times ahead, I will agree with Hutchy on Buckley I have held the same thoughts all along, but time will tell.  I think the Sheedy thing just needs to go away now and bury it's self once and for all. As far as tanking goes.... I hate the talk surrounding it, weak clubs with no pride will tank thats all.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #661 on: July 13, 2009, 11:38:31 PM »
They all now love Cuz. Lyon said before Cuz was running around the back a lot getting cheap handballs but now he's playing really well. Thomas expects him to go around next year. Hutchy said he will as someone will have him but mostly likely he'll remain at Richmond. Hutchy also said it's an amazing story. A drug addict whose comes back to the game and is now leading the midfield.

They also showed Kel, Lucky and Thursty not understanding the rush behind rule. Lyon said by round 15 you should know the rule and blamed the players themselves. The coach should drag the player by the ear to Geisch's office to understand what is and isn't allowed. They checked with the umpires and any of the three could have walked/handballed over the line and been okay as they were under pressure.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #662 on: July 13, 2009, 11:51:36 PM »
They all now love Cuz. Lyon said before Cuz was running around the back a lot getting cheap handballs but now he's playing really well. Thomas expects him to go around next year. Hutchy said he will as someone will have him but mostly likely he'll remain at Richmond. Hutchy also said it's an amazing story. A drug addict whose comes back to the game and is now leading the midfield.

They also showed Kel, Lucky and Thursty not understanding the rush behind rule. Lyon said by round 15 you should know the rule and blamed the players themselves. The coach should drag the player by the ear to Geisch's office to understand what is and isn't allowed. They checked with the umpires and any of the three could have walked/handballed over the line and been okay as they were under pressure.

Great about Cuz and we must keep him but if thats what they are saying about the rushed behind rule then they had better drag me to Geish's office as well????????

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #663 on: July 14, 2009, 01:10:26 PM »

Great about Cuz and we must keep him but if thats what they are saying about the rushed behind rule then they had better drag me to Geish's office as well????????
[/quote]

I will need to go as well WAT.  I thought the criteria was whether it was a deliberate rushed behind or not.  However from reading above it would appear the criteria is whether there is pressure or not.

I am not too sure how that would stamp out acts like Bowden's last year, Bowden holds the ball in the square waits until time on is called, then waits until a defender applies pressure and then handalls it for a point deliberately.  Or is this situation deemed pressure of the players own making?

Anyway I'm confused, it has probably been well canvassed in VIC but I hadn't come across this interpretation of the rule.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #664 on: July 14, 2009, 01:30:23 PM »
I will need to go as well WAT.  I thought the criteria was whether it was a deliberate rushed behind or not.  However from reading above it would appear the criteria is whether there is pressure or not.

I am not too sure how that would stamp out acts like Bowden's last year, Bowden holds the ball in the square waits until time on is called, then waits until a defender applies pressure and then handalls it for a point deliberately.  Or is this situation deemed pressure of the players own making?

Anyway I'm confused, it has probably been well canvassed in VIC but I hadn't come across this interpretation of the rule.

It is about pressure.

The example they showed on FC is a good one (and not the first time it's happened in 2009). We wouldn't have been pinged because there were 3 or 4 Blues players involved. If it had been 1 blue against 3 tgiers and we conceded it would have mostly likely been deemed deliberate.

It has to be an absolute last resort to concede. Which on Saturday it would have been. Actually what we should have done is actually handballed into a Carton player forcing to come of them and through for a point

What you say about the Bowden thing is right also, at a kick out there really isn't any pressure unless the player creates it himself.

What it clearly shows is the players don't know the rule
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #665 on: July 14, 2009, 01:38:16 PM »
Well it's a stupid unclear rule then IMO if the players don't even understand it a bit like the hands in the back rule.

"Rucks:

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #666 on: July 14, 2009, 01:42:55 PM »
Thanks for the clarification WP  :thumbsup

What it clearly shows is the players don't know the rule

Either that or some are unwilling to place their faith in the interpretation of an ump when the alternative is a certain goal to the opposition in a tight match

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #667 on: July 20, 2009, 10:30:43 PM »
Bump.

Caro, Hutchy, Lyon and Thomas the tank engine coming up now.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #668 on: July 20, 2009, 10:59:04 PM »
Summary - 20/7/09

* Caro doesn't believe Buckley will end up at Richmond.

* North are favourites but the word around is there's no certainty Bucks will coach in a senior capacity next year. The assistant roles could be at Collingwood or Hawthorn. Bucks being an assistant at Collingwood is the intriguing one. Caro doesn't believe it will work between Bucks and Malthouse.

* Tigers are interested in Malthouse but we won't step in. Hutchy and Thomas said now would be a good time to step in and chase Malthouse. Caro replied Richmond wants to stick to their process. Thomas said football clubs are notorious for changing their minds.

* Caro asked Thomas which list would he prefer out of Richmond and North given both couldn't be split after 2 hours. Thomas said he couldn't care less about either to be honest but he's not sure why there's all this talk about lists. If you want to be a coach you want to go to a club and make an impact. So you would choose Richmond. Richmond is the sleeper. There is hero status waiting for the person who can turn that club around after 30 years. Sure there are list management decisions that need to be made but North need to do the same as well.

* They spoke about tanking but nothing knew. Thomas said Demetriou and the AFL put their collective heads in the sand when it comes to the tough issues and ridicule those that make the criticisms or suggestions. He said he can guarantee people at footy clubs can make sure it's difficult for teams to win.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #669 on: July 20, 2009, 11:34:21 PM »
* In the 'good call/bad call' segment, Caro argued that Tambling's excellent current form is due more to Rawlings' coaching than the hypnotist he went to. She said Richie played a couple of good games under Wallace but since Rawlings has taken charge Richie hasn't played a single poor game under Jade.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #670 on: July 27, 2009, 09:26:54 PM »
The latest on the coaching jobs will obviously be a topic on tonight's show.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #671 on: July 27, 2009, 10:56:35 PM »
Summary - 27/7/09

* Hutchy saying Buckley will be at the Pies. They replayed a few public statements by Bucks this year including the one earlier in the season where Bucks said he's learnt all he can from Malthouse. Hutchy believes Eddie and Collingwood think they may have some idea in their heads to come up with a new innovative coaching set up that the AFL hasn't seen before.

* Malthouse to be confirmed to continue as coach at the Pies as early as tomorrow according to Hutchy.

* Eddie was interviewed after the Pies Board meeting tonight and refused to comment on the coaching situation. Played dumb to all the reporters' questions. The reporters were claiming the Collingwood players have been told there's a meeting and to be at the club tomorrow morning.

* They then showed Jade's press conference. Caro said Jade has changed his tune since he first started when he said he was just warming the seat for the new guy. Thomas said he likes the way Rawlings has gone about things but he lacks presence. Caro added that Jade could even be a chance now for the North job.

* Thomas said he can't understand why Richmond didn't go after Malthouse. Caro said their sticking to the "process" Grant.

* Lyon likes Jack Riewoldt. Likes his attitude. Some may say he's over confident but he wants to be out there in the action. His kicking has been ordinary but he kicked well yesterday.

* A brief mention of Cuz by Hutchy saying Jade wants him to go on and Cuz showing his leadership qualities at half-time.

You can email Footy Classified while the show is on at footyclassified.com.au and they'll read some of them out on the show tonight.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #672 on: July 28, 2009, 12:33:54 AM »
Thanks OE, great report again.. :thumbsup

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #673 on: July 28, 2009, 06:53:03 AM »
* They then showed Jade's press conference. Caro said Jade has changed his tune since he first started when he said he was just warming the seat for the new guy. Thomas said he likes the way Rawlings has gone about things but he lacks presence. Caro added that Jade could even be a chance now for the North job.

SO Thomas reckon Jade lacks presence, I reckon Grant lacks personality  :o :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

TigerTimeII

« Reply #674 on: July 28, 2009, 09:42:58 AM »
just because jade is not a huge name in footy does not mean he lacks presence, sure he is a nice guy but the players, from cuz, to tambling, to deledio, to brown, mcmahon, jack, the whole bloody team are responding to him, that suggests he has real presence