Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 272313 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #690 on: August 10, 2009, 11:19:16 PM »
Well done OE thanks again...... allways appreciated. Go Hardwick!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #691 on: August 10, 2009, 11:53:48 PM »
Caro mentioned in the coaching race there's 4 left - Richardson, Hardwick, Rawlings and Hinkley. Second round interviews began tonight.
No real surprise it's down to those 4. Given Caro also said they didn't think Scott or Cameron were quite ready yet then Jade's young age may go against him.

Whatever happens they'll have want Richo in 2010 if Gale has already given the big fella the tick of approval to play on.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #692 on: August 11, 2009, 08:26:23 AM »
I hope Thomas is right when he says club culture can change in 7 minutes if you want it to. Ours changed pretty quickly in the aftermath of the '82 grand final (although maybe something rotten had been festering away for a while going into that heartbreaking day.) But it's seemed like an impossible task for a wide range of administrators and coaches to change it back again over the last 27 years.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #693 on: August 11, 2009, 08:39:36 AM »
I hope Thomas is right when he says club culture can change in 7 minutes if you want it to. Ours changed pretty quickly in the aftermath of the '82 grand final (although maybe something rotten had been festering away for a while going into that heartbreaking day.) But it's seemed like an impossible task for a wide range of administrators and coaches to change it back again over the last 27 years.

I can tell you exactly when the cracks started to appear - 1975 when we traded Brian Roberts, Graham Teasdale and Francis Jackson to South Melbourne for John Pitura.  The playing group never recovered it's team spirit from that moment on and played on pure ability alone.  When the ability ran out, so did our reign of success.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #694 on: August 11, 2009, 09:04:55 AM »
[[/quote]

I can tell you exactly when the cracks started to appear - 1975 when we traded Brian Roberts, Graham Teasdale and Francis Jackson to South Melbourne for John Pitura.  The playing group never recovered it's team spirit from that moment on and played on pure ability alone.  When the ability ran out, so did our reign of success.
[/quote]

I remember it well. We sure stuffed up on that decision. The following year we sacked Tommy Hafey. I remember going down to the rooms for autographs after a bad loss against Collingwood (I think) late in the season in '76. I was 15. Tommy was sitting on his own in a corner away from the players with his head down, and he cut a really forlorn figure. I kind of knew then that something was up.The next year he was at Collingwood.   

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #695 on: August 11, 2009, 10:48:42 AM »
Caro mentioned in the coaching race there's 4 left - Richardson, Hardwick, Rawlings and Hinkley. Second round interviews began tonight.
No real surprise it's down to those 4. Given Caro also said they didn't think Scott or Cameron were quite ready yet then Jade's young age may go against him.

Whatever happens they'll have want Richo in 2010 if Gale has already given the big fella the tick of approval to play on.

i too drew that conclusion that Jades tender age may nail him in the end...would love to think we can retain him in some capacity, perhaps director of coaching but me thinks he'll move on
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #696 on: August 17, 2009, 10:32:26 PM »
Caro, Hutchy, Lyon and Cornflakes on now.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #697 on: August 17, 2009, 10:42:03 PM »
Summary - 17/8/09

Caro said, like North with Scott, Richmond are after a development coach although who would want to coach that side after another pathetic effort on the weekend yet again.

Hutchy said Hardwick has the Richmond job as his go but the Port assistant role as fallback. Thomas wondered why Hardwick has now missed out on 3 jobs - Melbourne, Essendon and North. Lyon said when Hardwick went for the Demon job he was only a couple of years out of playing. He didn't know on the others.

Caro said Richmond talked to Hinkley tonight (Monday) which will finish our interview process.

Caro said the melee was bad for Richmond because they showed far more go in the fracas than at any other point in the actual game. The false bravado was embarrassing. She said Richmond weren't happy with Hislop when after bumping Heath Shaw he went back and and bumped Shaw while Shaw was crouched on the ground.

Apparently it'll be the first time since 1984 that Coll, Carl and Ess have all made the finals together if they do. When Lyon said to Caro if we can get the Tigers up there also we'll have the famous Big 4 back in there, Caro replied we'll be waiting a long time for that.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #698 on: August 17, 2009, 10:59:18 PM »
Thanks OE good stuff mate. Carro sound like she has ben down on us for a while now, not too many god words lately. ???

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #699 on: August 17, 2009, 11:48:14 PM »

Caro thrives when our footy club is down. She has so much to say and such helpful advice. She absolutely loves it.

No-one at the Richmond footy club would take Caros calls if we were winning games. And she knows it.

Hislop was sniped in the 2Q mellee and got the bloke back. Caro wouldnt have a clue because she doesnt watch footy games just writes up what what people tell her. 

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #700 on: August 18, 2009, 07:19:46 AM »

Caro said Richmond talked to Hinkley tonight (Monday) which will finish our interview process.

BAD CALL Caro - Hinkley is later in the week  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #701 on: August 24, 2009, 10:14:53 PM »
I wonder what Caro and Hutchy will guess wrong tonight  :D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #702 on: August 24, 2009, 10:24:10 PM »
I wonder what Caro and Hutchy will guess wrong tonight  :D

All the Jurno's are up poo creek at the moment, none of them can figure out who we are going to choose........ love it... :thumbsup. Please do keep us informed of their guessing games OE!!

"Rucks:

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #703 on: August 24, 2009, 10:32:29 PM »
footy classified starts in ten minutes but Hutchy has just said on the break before it starts that we have made a decision.

That may be true but im guessing Hutchy still doesnt have a clue.

I guess it means decision will be announced tomorrow.

big day for our club i reckon.

please no more softies please

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #704 on: August 24, 2009, 10:47:46 PM »
footy classified starts in ten minutes but Hutchy has just said on the break before it starts that we have made a decision.

That may be true but im guessing Hutchy still doesnt have a clue.

I guess it means decision will be announced tomorrow.

big day for our club i reckon.

please no more softies please

Hutchy has a 50/50 chance of getting it right and he will think he is breaking the story if he jags the right one..... he is a knob head. IMO it's Hardwick all the way but what happens behind the scene we will never know.

"Rucks: