Author Topic: Jordan McMahon  (Read 21188 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Jordan McMahon
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2011, 01:00:04 PM »
Anyway - for once, try and do the right thing and just admit where we are at as a club and stop defending the indefensible.

In you opinion Exactly where do you think were at as a club??

A hell of a long way from winning a flag. A hell of long way away if we dont get some more A grade talent into the club.

:lol :lol :lol :lol So after two seasons of seeing the Club trying to do something about it you ready to give up??

10 FLAGS

« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2011, 01:02:24 PM »
The reality is no clubs pull in the big names in trade week.

Sorry Gerks but some big names have transferred to other clubs during trade weeks over the years.

lol....Over the years :lol You and the olden days :banghead I supose you have been listening to SEN on your Wireless ;D

Give us some BIG name A graders that are transferring THIS year?? You really need to stop living in the past......

You dont have to go back that far to be honest to see A graders like Judd transferring from West Coast to Carlton. Carlton were a rabble. Judd has saved that club from being in the mire, which is were we have been for 3 decades. Josh Kennedy went the other way. Thats just one of recent note. This year, Mitch Clark is someone who is a big name he will get transferred but according to our footy department he cost to much. Trade week hasnt ended yet so we will see how it all ends up on Monday.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2011, 01:04:09 PM »
Anyway - for once, try and do the right thing and just admit where we are at as a club and stop defending the indefensible.

In you opinion Exactly where do you think were at as a club??

A hell of a long way from winning a flag. A hell of long way away if we dont get some more A grade talent into the club.

:lol :lol :lol :lol So after two seasons of seeing the Club trying to do something about it you ready to give up??

Mate every Richmond administration over the last 3 decades has promised to do something about it. This one is breaking there balls to bring Ivan Maric to Punt Road  :lol

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2011, 01:12:48 PM »
Clarke is no where near the Judd mould :lol If we had made a play for Judd we would have had to give up Pick 2 (Cotchin) pick 18 (Rance) and most likely Jack Lid's! Judd has been great for Carlton but he has had support around him IMO getting Judd would have set us back another 10 years.

So what your saying is if we don't get Clarke this trade period then we have failed??

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2011, 01:14:06 PM »

Mate every Richmond administration over the last 3 decades has promised to do something about it. This one is breaking there balls to bring Ivan Maric to Punt Road  :lol

So you'v gone from living in the past to predicting the future  :lol :lol You need to be on the board...

10 FLAGS

« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2011, 01:19:02 PM »
Clarke is no where near the Judd mould :lol If we had made a play for Judd we would have had to give up Pick 2 (Cotchin) pick 18 (Rance) and most likely Jack Lid's! Judd has been great for Carlton but he has had support around him IMO getting Judd would have set us back another 10 years.

So what your saying is if we don't get Clarke this trade period then we have failed??

I was asked to provide the names of big name players who have transferred. I did that. Clarke would be a good get IMHO but alas according to our footy department he costs too much lol. A pass mark for me would be:

Tom Gillies from Geelong
Tom Nicholls from Brisbane
Luke Brown from Norwood as a Pre listed Player

A successful trade period that gives real hope for the future means

a pick in the U17 draft
or a big name player from another club.

Lets be honest I havent set the bar very high because Im not expecting us to do much but as always and as I have said, I will apologise on Monday if they produce a big name player.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2011, 01:23:33 PM »

I was asked to provide the names of big name players who have transferred. I did that. Clarke would be a good get IMHO but alas according to our footy department he costs too much lol. A pass mark for me would be:

Tom Gillies from Geelong

a pick in the U17 draft

Lets be honest I havent set the bar very high because Im not expecting us to do much but as always and as I have said, I will apologise on Monday if they produce a big name player.
The thing is, all that is achievable, but what are you willing to see let go to get this done?

A pick in the U17 draft would cost us Pick 15 + Compo pick + Foley potentially . . . are you ok with that?

Tom Gillies from Geelong, rumour is they want a first rounder, our pick 37 wouldn't cut it.
Nicholls from Brissie, not sure what they would want here.
Apparently GWS very keen on Luke Brown for themselves, so would once again cost us something hefty.

The problem is not that we are not trying to get deals like this done, its the fact we dont have the surplus in talent to get these deals done. As we get better through drafting kids, we will have more surplus and can the approach trade week like Hawthorn do.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2011, 01:26:14 PM »

Tom Gillies from Geelong

a pick in the U17 draft

O.K what are we going to offer to get these deals done?? I can see us having enough currency to get probably one if not two of those deals done. The U17 draft pick would cost us Foley and our first rounder alone,and that might just get us pick 4, is it worth it??

Gillies is contracted and Geelong has stated he is a required player so there goes our Compo pick for an guy who has struggled to break into a side :-\ :-\

That leaves us with peanuts to pick up the rest with and we still don't end up with the one player that we really need in a ruckman......

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2011, 01:31:36 PM »

Tom Gillies from Geelong

a pick in the U17 draft

O.K what are we going to offer to get these deals done?? I can see us having enough currency to get probably one if not two of those deals done. The U17 draft pick would cost us Foley and our first rounder alone,and that might just get us pick 4, is it worth it??

Gillies is contracted and Geelong has stated he is a required player so there goes our Compo pick for an guy who has struggled to break into a side :-\ :-\

That leaves us with peanuts to pick up the rest with and we still don't end up with the one player that we really need in a ruckman......
Agreed, as I posted above, we couldn't get all these done as we dont have the surplus in players that clubs want / draft picks to make it happen.

I wonder how many supporters would praise the club as opposed to bash them if they got rid of Foley + Pick 15 (and potentially more) to secure a mini draft pick. That would mean, assuming Maric comes for pick 37, that our first pick in the draft would be #55.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #174 on: October 12, 2011, 01:32:45 PM »

Tom Gillies from Geelong
Tom Nicholls from BrisbaneLuke Brown from Norwood as a Pre listed Player

a pick in the U17 draft

tom nichols from brisbane? you idiot

gerkin greg

« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2011, 01:34:01 PM »
The reality is no clubs pull in the big names in trade week.

Sorry Gerks but some big names have transferred to other clubs during trade weeks over the years.

Sorry Ramps but some big names being transferred to one or two clubs once in a blue moon means nearly all clubs, nearly every single year, fail to land a big fish.

FACT  ;D

10 FLAGS

« Reply #176 on: October 12, 2011, 01:58:22 PM »

Tom Gillies from Geelong

a pick in the U17 draft

I made an error in haste when writing my post, compared to some of your work, my work is genius. Your just someone who refuses to admit that his been wrong for years and continually goes down the same old road- the road to nowhere.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2011, 02:15:27 PM »
I made an error in haste when writing my post, compared to some of your work, my work is genius. Your just someone who refuses to admit that his been wrong for years and continually goes down the same old road- the road to nowhere.

There you go again with the insults...........You never answer the questions fired at you and when it all gets to hard you just shoot back with insults :wallywink :wallywink :wallywink

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2011, 02:17:00 PM »

Tom Gillies from Geelong

a pick in the U17 draft

yeah, you are an intellectual giant

You want us to trade for Mitch Clarke, the only problem is that he wants to go home to Perth and last time I checked Richmond was in Victoria   :wallywink

10 FLAGS

« Reply #179 on: October 12, 2011, 02:28:25 PM »

There you go again with the insults...........You never answer the questions fired at you and when it all gets to hard you just shoot back with insults :wallywink :wallywink :wallywink

Sorry Tassie but you lucked out again. No insults anywhere.  ;)