Author Topic: Congratulations to Richo - 250 games / Favourite Richo moments  (Read 5103 times)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Congratulations to Richo - 250 games / Favourite Richo moments
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 08:31:28 AM »
if he plays which he will this week, i hope he kicks 12 goals and anounces his immediate retirement. if he does that that woudl be my fav richo moment. going out on a high for the team, then doing th eteam thing and making way 4 the future

some players just have to accept they had their time and their chance

Talk about tools, you are the biggest in the shed X.

looks like u r the only tool birdbrain

u totally dont get it do u

yes we all know richo has been fantastic and will be remembered as a tiger gr8

but, he is not bigger than the club, the team nor the game, better players have come and gone

the reality is, the tigers cannot go fwd with the current structures and no matter how good richo has been, no matter how hard the fella tries, he is no longer a match winner.

not even his inspirational moments inspire anymore because they are followed up by a total f up

buddy is teh new richo mkII. i remember when richo started they called him the freak athlete and gazelle. thats buddy now!

richo sugar joel tiv and the like must all make way for the team to develop a young group together

cleve and jack should be developing and gaining experience over richo in the fwd line

no disrespect to richo, but its a mistake keeping him on the list and stalling the development of the team

a birdbrain like urself cannot see that

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 08:36:43 AM »
ppl tend to forget that the last time richo really won games for us and really sent the fear of god to the opposition was the game in teh wet v sydney where he won the game 4 us off his own boot, and teh 10 goal haul v the doggies about what 4 yrs ago.

richo no longer has the impact that he used to have. why cant he do a wayne campbell and say time is up, its generation next time, i gave it my best , thanku all

this is why richmond will never go fwd, we just cannot see the bigger picture and do whats right 4 the future

Birdman

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 09:33:52 AM »
Seeing that we have only won one game this year it is hard for him to win games off his own boot.

Off the top of my head, the Bombers games last year comes to mind, i think Richo did alright that night.

Didnt he kick 9? I could be wrong.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 12:20:18 PM »
Yes that was a great game, especially as it was the Bummers.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 12:32:31 PM »
Seeing that we have only won one game this year it is hard for him to win games off his own boot.

Off the top of my head, the Bombers games last year comes to mind, i think Richo did alright that night.

Didnt he kick 9? I could be wrong.

wow fantastic effort against who? i rest my case.  wasnt it kepler dudly  wow great work

the future cannot be compromised by aging players with reputations.
look richo has been gr8, but its time to move on and start fresh

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 01:11:42 PM »
ppl tend to forget that the last time richo really won games for us and really sent the fear of god to the opposition was the game in teh wet v sydney where he won the game 4 us off his own boot

that happened in the horrible 04 season didn't it

my greatest memory of the Cho :bow

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2007, 01:34:21 PM »
ppl tend to forget that the last time richo really won games for us and really sent the fear of god to the opposition was the game in teh wet v sydney where he won the game 4 us off his own boot

that happened in the horrible 04 season didn't it

my greatest memory of the Cho :bow

correct, in the wet richo just totally creamed the swans

but that was richo of yesterday, not today

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 01:44:29 PM »
you make some good points, players like Jack, Cleve and (if he can get his head right) Schulz would benefit from fast-tracking there development into the team, a la Patto who really has come on in leaps and bounds this year

But you can't deny that the Cho still has value to his team. The work ethic he displays is invaluable to the kids, just a shame they are not willing to learn off the great man.

Leave Richo between the 50 m arcs, let him run around likes Goodes, and you can then have Cleve, Jack or Schulz learning the trade in the forward 50

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007, 02:11:19 PM »
Should be made Captain next year while one of the younger lads gets more experience, preparing for the job.
Onya Richoooooooooo  :gotigers

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2007, 02:17:38 PM »
Should be made Captain next year while one of the younger lads gets more experience, preparing for the job.

not to loud CUB  :shh , you might stir up X  ;)  :lol

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 05:41:44 PM »

Hear hear, CUB

Maybe he could also do what M Lloyd is doing this year and use the captaincy to impose himself on contests around the ground, and at the same time leaving the forward line open for the likes of Schult, Riewoldt and Cleve to strut their stuff. He is fit enough to do that.
And yes MT that North Melbourne moment was classic Richo.

I'll never forget the day he kicked 10 against the doggies though, he had the whole southern stand willing him on, it was a great moment, and yet something that he had to do in his career to give it a sense of validity.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 05:57:41 PM »
Ch 10 news showed Richo having his photo taken in front of the team of the century painting. Richo said he has loved his time and although there might be a couple of incidents he would've changed (they showed the time he went off at Knights' poor kick), the rest he wouldn't. He's flattered by the "Richo man" song.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 01:18:35 AM »
My favourite Richo moment was when he asked Russell Crowe whether there was going to be a Gladiator part II on the Footy Show.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 08:04:28 AM »
Funny at the time and he looked like a real doofus but in fact there is talk of a Gladiator II which could either be a prequel or a sequel and talk is Russell Crowe could appear in flashbacks (if it is a sequel)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Send your tribute messages to Richo (RFC site)
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 12:57:44 PM »
Send your tribute messages to Richo on reaching 250 games for the Richmond Football Club.

We will publish a selection of messages on the Richmond website leading up to the Round 16 clash between the Tigers and Port Adelaide when Matthew will play his milestone game.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=10174