Author Topic: 8 Tigers in All-Australian squad [update]  (Read 8864 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: 8 Tigers in All-Australian squad [update]
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2018, 03:52:41 PM »
Revealed: The All Australian squad for 2018

Riley Beveridge
afl.com.au
Aug 27, 2018

RICHMOND could dominate the 2018 Virgin Australia AFL All Australian team, with eight premiership Tigers included in the 40-man squad released on Monday.

Star quartet Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt, Alex Rance and Trent Cotchin lead the list of Richmond players named in the squad, with Josh Caddy, Dylan Grimes, Shane Edwards and Kane Lambert also hoping to earn their first ever All Australian jackets.

Josh Caddy, Richmond.
Never previously All Australian. 20 games in 2018. 195 kicks, 73 marks, 140 handballs averaging 9.8 kicks, 3.6 marks, 7.0 handballs. 44 goals (Tenth in the AFL in goals), 13 behinds, 43 clearances, 64 inside 50m, 10 rebound 50m. 63 tackles.

Trent Cotchin, Richmond.
All Australian 2012. 20 games in 2018. 226 kicks, 47 marks, 208 handballs averaging 11.3 kicks, 2.4 marks, 10.4 handballs. Five goals, 12 behinds, 91 clearances, 81 inside 50m, 20 rebound 50m. 91 tackles.

Shane Edwards, Richmond. Never previously All Australian. 22 games in 2018. 175 kicks, 50 marks, 258 handballs averaging 8.0 kicks, 2.3 marks, 11.7 handballs. 13 goals, Six behinds, 61 clearances, 79 inside 50m, 28 rebound 50m. 62 tackles.

Dylan Grimes, Richmond.
Never previously All Australian. 21 games in 2018. 135 kicks, 69 marks, 103 handballs averaging 6.4 kicks, 3.3 marks, 4.9 handballs. Five clearances, 21 inside 50m, 33 rebound 50m. 77 tackles.

Kane Lambert, Richmond.
Never previously All Australian. 20 games in 2018. 185 kicks, 75 marks, 266 handballs averaging 9.3 kicks, 3.8 marks, 13.3 handballs. 15 goals, 10 behinds, 56 clearances, 76 inside 50m, 28 rebound 50m. 61 tackles.

Dustin Martin, Richmond. All Australian 2016, 2017. 21 games in 2018. 338 kicks, 79 marks, 198 handballs averaging 16.1 kicks, 3.8 marks, 9.4 handballs. 30 goals, 19 behinds, 114 clearances, 127 inside 50m (First in the AFL in I50m), four rebound 50m. 45 tackles.

Alex Rance, Richmond. All Australian 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 (captain). 22 games in 2018. 179 kicks, 122 marks, 173 handballs averaging 8.1 kicks, 5.5 marks, 7.9 handballs. 0 Clearances, 12 inside 50m 74 rebound 50m. 32 tackles.

Jack Riewoldt, Richmond.
All Australian 2010, 2015. 22 games in 2018. 232 kicks, 137 marks, 80 handballs averaging 10.6 kicks, 6.2 marks, 3.6 handballs. 65 goals (First in the AFL in goals), 33 behinds, nine clearances, 71 inside 50m, one rebound 50m. 55 tackles.

Rory Laird, Adelaide

Harris Andrews, Brisbane.
Dayne Beams, Brisbane.

Patrick Cripps, Carlton.

Jordan de Goey, Collingwood.
Brodie Grundy, Collingwood.
Scott Pendlebury, Collingwood.
Steele Sidebottom, Collingwood.

Devon Smith, Essendon.

Lachie Neale, Fremantle.

Mark Blicavs, Geelong.
Patrick Dangerfield, Geelong.
Tom Hawkins, Geelong.
Tom Stewart, Geelong.

Callan Ward, GWS.
Lachie Whitfield, GWS.

Luke Breust, Hawthorn.
Jack Gunston, Hawthorn.
Tom Mitchell, Hawthorn.

Max Gawn, Melbourne.
Clayton Oliver, Melbourne.

Ben Brown, North Melbourne.
Shaun Higgins, North Melbourne.

Robbie Gray, Port Adelaide.
Tom Jonas, Port Adelaide.

Lance Franklin, Sydney.
Jake Lloyd, Sydney.

Andrew Gaff, West Coast.
Shannon Hurn, West Coast.
Jeremy McGovern, West Coast.
Elliot Yeo, West Coast.

Jack Macrae, Western Bulldogs.

No one from the Suns nor St Kilda.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-27/revealed-the-all-australian-squad-for-2018

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2018, 04:18:58 PM »
Dave Astbury over Lambert and it's spot on. Maybe Brando
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2018, 05:43:03 PM »

You really should stop your anti lambert campaign. Finished second outta Richmond players in coaches votes, voted by teammates as a top 3 mvp candidate and now included in 40 man AA squad. Has earnt his spot.

Astbury, vlastuin and short stiff to miss out

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2018, 05:57:00 PM »

You really should stop your anti lambert campaign. Finished second outta Richmond players in coaches votes, voted by teammates as a top 3 mvp candidate and now included in 40 man AA squad. Has earnt his spot.

Boy, his good games are so good. His bad games  :shh Did someone say sleeps with the light on? Oh, yes, yes they did. And it was AT the Courageous  :shh :shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2018, 06:08:04 PM »
 :shh :shh :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2018, 06:09:21 PM »

Boy, his good games are so good. His bad games  :shh Did someone say sleeps with the light on? Oh, yes, yes they did. And it was AT the Courageous  :shh :shh :shh

Yup believe it was after the cats game where half of his 30+ possessions were contested and laid 7 tackles but apparently that’s just because he’s second to the ball.....

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2018, 01:04:52 PM »
My guess at an AA team:

B:   Grimes      Rance       Lloyd
HB: Yeo        McGovern   Whitfield
C:  Higgins  Dangerfield   Sidebottom   
HF: Martin      Franklin      Caddy
F:   Bruest     Riewoldt     Hawkins
R:  Grundy    Mitchell      Ward     
Int: Gawn, Hurn, Cripps, Smith

Unlucky: Gunston (too many good tall forwards this year)
             Macrae (injury meant he missed a number of games. Absolute gun otherwise)
             Lambert & Sheds (don't think they'll go with more than 5 from one team)

Query:  Gaff (one of the best mids this year but I don't see the AFL making him All-Australian after his punch)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2018, 01:42:27 PM »
Cotchin lucky.

Astbury/Short more deserving IMO, but also not too stiff to be missing out given the competition...

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2018, 10:20:55 AM »
Cotchin lucky.

Astbury/Short more deserving IMO, but also not too stiff to be missing out given the competition...
Cotchin has been outstanding this year. Might not get 40 but his 20 and the other stuff he does makes him better than the Mitchell’s of this world.

If you were picking side to play an actual game of footy, Cotch is first picked.

A star in every sense of the word.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2018, 11:00:45 AM »
Cotchin lucky.

Cotchin has been outstanding this year. Might not get 40 but his 20 and the other stuff he does makes him better than the Mitchell’s of this world.

If you were picking side to play an actual game of footy, Cotch is first picked.

Agreed, just don't think he's AA this year IMO.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2018, 11:02:48 AM »
Cotchin lucky.

IMO he has had a better year than Dusty.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2018, 11:06:41 AM »
Cotchin lucky.

IMO he has had a better year the Dusty.

Merit to that, yet they play different roles.

Hoping Dusty gets over whatever issue he has for finals. Looks like a groin surely...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2018, 09:08:54 PM »
Stewart over Grimes..... :tvhappy :biglaugh :tvhappy

>:(
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2018, 09:13:02 PM »
Shank named on the bench....Mr. Magic's just drowned in his own bodily fluids.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2018, 09:30:09 PM »
:shh