Author Topic: Changes for the Port final?  (Read 2978 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Changes for the Port final?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 02:30:04 AM »
There was a vital moment near the end of the game when Reece Conca totally dogged it. I'm sure some of u blokes will watch the replay and you will see it. He had to go but he didn't. He'd done nothing all game and he shouldn't have walked straight back into the team anyway so if anyone gets dropped it's him.

What a win ! I reckon we can beat Port over there.We travel well and all the pressure is on them.

And a shout out to Shaun Grigg and the coaching staff today too. They got it right using Grigg to shut down Malceski. Well done Grigga !

I saw it live

Almost fainted

What the stuff was stuff was concs doing  :-\

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 03:32:36 AM »
Yes let's drop Gordon - our one genuinely quick player - for a final at Adelaide Oval against one of the quickest sides in the comp.  Good idea, nupties.
Thought he was as slow as a turtle tbh
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 10:42:30 AM »
Petterd out for Jackson. Occasion got to him, pity after a couple of months of good footy. And we need bigger bodies.

Didn't like Newman or Morris' games, but who can we use instead? Dea? McDonough? Unfortunately these two need to stay in the team.

Gordon's workrate was good IMO. Keeps his spot.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 10:46:23 AM »
Please not Jackson.

I'd rather bring in Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls dressed as Hampson.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Gigantor

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 11:16:35 AM »
If we want a good shut down player then jacko is the man

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 11:48:47 AM »
Petterd in danger of being dropped. Would bring in Jackson if Petterd dropped. Gordon needs to work on his disposal but would not drop him. Agree Newman did not have a good game.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2014, 01:07:07 PM »
No change.
Petterd, Newman, Morris need to fix their faults which are serious for us going into the final
Jackson should not replace match fit players & l would not play Jackson. Vickery on a dry day l would bring in as we have plenty of runners. Petterd will lose his place if anyone does

Rampstar

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2014, 01:08:56 PM »
Petterd lost the plot yesterday don't know if there will be any change. For me No Change.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2014, 01:14:49 PM »
Petterd had a shocker and is in danger but I think he has done enough this season to warrant a game. Having said that if all things are equal between Petterd and Jackson then it probably goes to Jackson as the reigning b&f. 

Recent history shows a lot of sides will go with the extra tall in finals and sub one of them, so Vickery might get a game. Will be interesting to see which way we go, I wouldn't be upset if they went with the extra tall. It's just a matter of who makes way.

Grigg played well against the swans and would be unlucky to be dropped. There. I said it.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2014, 01:16:17 PM »
Dea for Pettard.

Dea is more composed and disciplined IMHO.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 01:19:01 PM »
Gordon is nowhere near genuinely quick, where did you get that info from? His biggest asset is his massive tank (can do level 16 in the bleep test, that's elite) it was his decision making last night that was terrible. At times he looked like a deer in headlights. On Conca 12 possessions in a 1/4 and a 1/2 is a pretty good return from the sub.
I would bring in Jackson for Gordon.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2014, 01:25:23 PM »
Gordon is nowhere near genuinely quick, where did you get that info from? His biggest asset is his massive tank (can do level 16 in the bleep test, that's elite) it was his decision making last night that was terrible. At times he looked like a deer in headlights. On Conca 12 possessions in a 1/4 and a 1/2 is a pretty good return from the sub.

Need a smallish forward. At least gets to the contest Gordo.

Based on his last month he plays. Had good memories last time we played there.

Jako is washed up for us. Trade him yo GWS or St Kilda for young players or kids, his B&F should read well for us to get the above done. Jako is a teacher now of young kids now not some unskilled undisciplined trundler who just will hinder in a finals atmosphere.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2014, 01:53:55 PM »

From watching him live - you should try it - they might be shyte and not quite as quick as White but he & Banfield are still the only players on our list with anything remotely resembling line breaking pace and Banfield's a rookie, so it's Gordon or no-one.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2014, 01:56:37 PM »
Please not Jackson.

I'd rather bring in Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls dressed as Hampson.

Agree no Hackson. Trade him to GWS.

I thought Hamspson was just JON on stilts.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2014, 02:00:13 PM »

From watching him live - you should try it - they might be shyte and not quite as quick as White but he & Banfield are still the only players on our list with anything remotely resembling line breaking pace and Banfield's a rookie, so it's Gordon or no-one.
Quick in the legs - slow in the brain.  That is why he "looks" slow.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.