Author Topic: Tigers players take full responsibility for defeat (Age)  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers players take full responsibility for defeat (Age)
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2016, 08:24:44 PM »
Maybe Astbury is a dumb poo too?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2016, 08:25:25 PM »
Maybe Astbury is a dumb poo too?

thats a possibility

another, is hardwick is a dumb poo
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2016, 08:26:24 PM »
Sixth year at a club and still can't articulate to the players what he requires of them during a game.

Yeh right, dimmer.

Truth is you have N F I about what to do, let alone be expected to articulate it.

There's the biggest problem.

It's one of the problems

Situation not helped by our players not following instructions that have been in place for a very long time. What went on in the last 3 minutes from hell is not what they've been instructed when it comes to "icing the clock"..

We still have far too many panic merchants when the heats on

They (and by they I mean coach, assistants coaches and players) are all to blame for last Friday night. Every single one of them.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2016, 08:28:14 PM »
Blame is one thing, taking responsibility is another but at what point does anyone get held accountable for reoccurring mistakes?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2016, 08:29:48 PM »
Blame is one thing, taking responsibility is another but at what point does anyone get held accountable for reoccurring mistakes?

Again every single one of them needs to take responsibility for their collective ineptitude, they all should be held to account, all of them

Starting at the top and going right through the collective

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2016, 08:38:50 PM »
Did anyone see the 3 or 4 clips they showed on AFL 360 the other night of us losing those most recent close games of the last couple of years? There was a common denominator in all those clips and it was Houli. The sooner he is removed from our backline the better. HE ISNT A BACKMANS hole. He is a decent kick but surely his defending is an issue. He is often the lose man in our defense but only ever hurts the bottom sides. He panics and he is soft and hasn't got an aggressive bone in his body. 

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2016, 08:41:02 PM »

Again every single one of them needs to take responsibility for their collective ineptitude, they all should be held to account, all of them

Starting at the top and going right through the collective
Agree. Honestly, you don't need a coach to teach players how to play in those circumstances.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2016, 08:42:52 PM »
Did anyone see the 3 or 4 clips they showed on AFL 360 the other night of us losing those most recent close games of the last couple of years? There was a common denominator in all those clips and it was Houli. The sooner he is removed from our backline the better. HE ISNT A BACKMANS behindhole. He is a decent kick but surely his defending is an issue. He is often the lose man in our defense but only ever hurts the bottom sides. He panics and he is soft and hasn't got an aggressive bone in his body.

Understand what you are saying

But big tone, who have we got to put in that position who can give us the run (stress run) and carry from the defensive back half? And I am talking about someone who actually has some speed and endurance

That's part of the issue right at the minute I think anyway, we have no one else who can do that. That was what Yarran was recruited for but he is yet get on the park and is still a few weeks away form getting game time at VFL level let alone AFL level

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2016, 08:47:41 PM »
Did you see how many set shots Houli missed?  Yep, lets blame him ... & only him ... 
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2016, 08:52:13 PM »
Did anyone see the 3 or 4 clips they showed on AFL 360 the other night of us losing those most recent close games of the last couple of years? There was a common denominator in all those clips and it was Houli. The sooner he is removed from our backline the better. HE ISNT A BACKMANS behindhole. He is a decent kick but surely his defending is an issue. He is often the lose man in our defense but only ever hurts the bottom sides. He panics and he is soft and hasn't got an aggressive bone in his body.

Understand what you are saying

But big tone, who have we got to put in that position who can give us the run (stress run) and carry from the defensive back half? And I am talking about someone who actually has some speed and endurance

That's part of the issue right at the minute I think anyway, we have no one else who can do that. That was what Yarran was recruited for but he is yet get on the park and is still a few weeks away form getting game time at VFL level let alone AFL level
I really like what I saw from McIntosh the other night off half back. He is tough, and he will run all day. He is definitely not as good a kick as Houli but at least he can defend first and foremost.
McIntosh and Vlastuin off halfback for mine.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2016, 08:58:25 PM »
Did you see how many set shots Houli missed?  Yep, lets blame him ... & only him ...
From memory his missed one on the run.
But missing goals and not defending them are exactly the same.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2016, 09:01:54 PM »
so that puts cotchin in the same bag as houli?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2016, 09:06:04 PM »
and grigg and all the other potatoes in the sack
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2016, 09:55:31 PM »

The Freo game was an obvious stuff up and possibly even the GC one but he was trying to protect the goal line (where the hell was the loose?!). Putting the blame on him for this recent one is a little stiff though. Can't recall the 4th one

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2016, 10:30:47 PM »
so that puts cotchin in the same bag as houli?
Anther stupid question.
Unusual.