Author Topic: Paris mass shooting - terrorists  (Read 27652 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Paris mass shooting - terrorists
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2015, 07:44:16 AM »
Bents with the greatest of respect people like you and probably a few others on here always look for an angle when something like this happens

Call it for what THIS is, an atrocious attack on innocent people,  and stop going on your illuminati anti bush America rant. No one disputes what your saying so create another thread about the starvation crisis, and let's have s discussion about how nothing is done about that. Of course not enough is done about that no normal human being can suggest otherwise.

I can guarantee if it was your daughter shot you would be singing a different tune , and can I say if you don't like how we conduct our business with some of our allies  then perhaps it's time to consider moving to one you do like. It's the funniest thing that so many haters live here but they still stay. My brother works with a few and yep still here . :thumbsup

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2015, 08:31:37 AM »
Bents with the greatest of respect people like you and probably a few others on here always look for an angle when something like this happens

Call it for what THIS is, an atrocious attack on innocent people,  and stop going on your illuminati anti bush America rant. No one disputes what your saying so create another thread about the starvation crisis, and let's have s discussion about how nothing is done about that. Of course not enough is done about that no normal human being can suggest otherwise.

I can guarantee if it was your daughter shot you would be singing a different tune , and can I say if you don't like how we conduct our business with some of our allies  then perhaps it's time to consider moving to one you do like. It's the funniest thing that so many haters live here but they still stay. My brother works with a few and yep still here . :thumbsup

:clapping

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2015, 10:13:35 AM »

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2015, 11:24:56 AM »

Angus that is one of your best post, thank you

:clapping :clapping

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2015, 01:22:42 PM »
Whoever is killed or die for avoidable reasons - it's all despicable.

The difference is how the mainstream media covers it.

Bingo!

and why/how do the mainstream media decide what and how to report? because they know they stir up a frenzy of emotion. They are actually playing right into the perpetrators hands, as this is exactly what they want to achieve. They want you to feel angry and afraid, that's why it is called terrorism and these are to main emotional responses to terror.

They are despicable acts conducted by evil people, but when its all said and done, just another in the long list of such by humans of all religion, race and creed.

Interestingly, when Russia invaded Georgia, bombing and killing innocent people, the world's media basically ignored it, much rather showing the Opening to the Olympics.

I dont think the Bent judge is saying these are not despicable acts, just pointing out that we seem to pick and choose select few things to get angry/upset about, and this is largely influenced the media.

It is also a great opportunity for some to peddle their hate and intolerance. Again, this is something that those who conduct these acts want, because this only feeds the cycle.

And if you want a good insight into ISIS and how they come about and the mess that the West created that gave them a foothold.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2015/10/29/4341298.htm

Dont you bother Daniel, there are things in here that you dont want to hear as it doesnt paint the rosy picture you have of your beloved yanks.

Speaking of which, it was just so nice of them to ignore what Russia did to Georgia after the Georgians helped the yanks in Iraq.

Real good way to treat you allies that was.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2015, 01:36:52 PM »

I dont think the Bent judge is saying these are not despicable acts, just pointing out that we seem to pick and choose select few things to get angry/upset about, and this is largely influenced the media.

You know what makes picking and choosing what you get upset about worse? When people don't care about it until a separate incident occurs. Why wait until the attacks on Paris to decide you care about starvation in Africa? Just an attempt to be left wing and oppose anything that comes from the media. Which btw I believe doesn't influence what we get upset/angry about but rather we influence it. If more people cared about something, the media will report it.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2015, 01:43:30 PM »
Fair point, but the bent judge has brought this up many times in the past, and i dont get the impression he brought it up now to inspire any emotion, but more a point of reference

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2015, 01:45:16 PM »
IIRC, during the Winter Olympics, the western media was far more concerned and preoccupied with Russia's gay rights record than it's invasion of Georgia.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2015, 02:03:38 PM »
Look at he plight of women in the the third world compared to the trivial shyte western feminists get all riled up about.

Who cares about young girls forced into marriage with older men or having their clitoris removed when we have the scourge of "manspreading"....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2015, 05:34:27 PM »
 :lol
so true

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2015, 05:48:12 PM »
Look at he plight of women in the the third world compared to the trivial shyte western feminists get all riled up about.

Who cares about young girls forced into marriage with older men or having their clitoris removed when we have the scourge of "manspreading"....

Interesting. Also, look at the role of the Church. One of the pillars of western civilisation which claims to preach a message of peace, love and (arguably) morso these days, equality. Yet the church says, with particular relevance to Africa and in third world countries, AIDS is bad, but not nearly as bad as condoms are bad.

Particularly when the main thing which time and time again breaks the cycle of poverty is the empowerment of women through giving women control of their reproductive system. That and education.

But I digress......

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 07:29:10 PM by Dooks »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2015, 05:50:20 PM »
Whoever is killed or die for avoidable reasons - it's all despicable.

The difference is how the mainstream media covers it.

Bingo!

and why/how do the mainstream media decide what and how to report? because they know they stir up a frenzy of emotion. They are actually playing right into the perpetrators hands, as this is exactly what they want to achieve. They want you to feel angry and afraid, that's why it is called terrorism and these are to main emotional responses to terror.

They are despicable acts conducted by evil people, but when its all said and done, just another in the long list of such by humans of all religion, race and creed.

Interestingly, when Russia invaded Georgia, bombing and killing innocent people, the world's media basically ignored it, much rather showing the Opening to the Olympics.

It is also a great opportunity for some to peddle their hate and intolerance. Again, this is something that those who conduct these acts want, because this only feeds the cycle.

And if you want a good insight into ISIS and how they come about and the mess that the West created that gave them a foothold.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2015/10/29/4341298.htm

Dont you bother Daniel, there are things in here that you dont want to hear as it doesnt paint the rosy picture you have of your beloved yanks.

Speaking of which, it was just so nice of them to ignore what Russia did to Georgia after the Georgians helped the yanks in Iraq.

Real good way to treat you allies that was.

That's not exactly where I was heading 100% but i tend to agree with a fair bit of that. Motives are an interesting matter.
"Sliding doors moment.

Gigantor

« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2015, 06:24:44 PM »
If this has already been raised by another poster my apologies.
With every terrorist attack comes discussion about increasing the powers of the intelligent communities and of police and the military to protect us.And the inevitable debate about curtailing or compromising freedoms to deal with the threats.How do people here feel about this?

Me I'm loathe to give up our freedoms ,for its our freedoms that sets us apart from these criminals.maybe rather than increasing the powers we should put more resources ,so the existing powers can be better exercised

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2015, 07:27:34 PM »

I agree the deaths are atrocious. Is this where the conversation stops though?

Is there a bigger picture? Why did this disgusting set of acts happen? When we understand well be in a better position to stop the senseless killings, no? Does this constitute looking for an angle?  Where is the high level political discussion on this in the media? why is it not being discussed?

Generally, should we not question or assess the situation just because we live in a safe western country?

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2015, 07:32:02 PM »
If this has already been raised by another poster my apologies.
With every terrorist attack comes discussion about increasing the powers of the intelligent communities and of police and the military to protect us.And the inevitable debate about curtailing or compromising freedoms to deal with the threats.How do people here feel about this?

Me I'm loathe to give up our freedoms ,for its our freedoms that sets us apart from these criminals.maybe rather than increasing the powers we should put more resources ,so the existing powers can be better exercised

anti encryption laws ...

itching you get that off your chest were you? i will raise you the west (Christian) first world being run by a bunch of sadistic kiddie fiddlers. Governments, Churches, Military... the works.

how about the ultra Orthodox babies dying in new york cause the mole insisted on performed the 'cutting act' with his unclean mouth? sadly these things are very much fact. I can you supporting evidence if required but its a bit depressing, really

Not that I am a staunch fan of female circumcision, rather undignified for mine. Yet the Islamics dont have a monopoly of messed up stuff

should we stick on topic instead of focusing on your prejudices?   ;)

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus