Author Topic: FEVOLA / Tigers take a nibble at Fevola  (Read 24758 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: FEVOLA
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2005, 06:43:46 AM »
stiff

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2005, 07:25:07 AM »
The Crows better have a spare $1.5 million to splash out. Sheesh why did the Blues sign him up to that kind of money over 3 years only for them to want to offload him just 2 months later  :o. Thankfully not something we have to worry about but it could be a scenario we could jump into as a 3rd or 4th party to get that sort of deal through and get something worthwhile out of it ourselves like another first round draft pick.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2005, 03:55:16 PM »
The Crows better have a spare $1.5 million to splash out. Sheesh why did the Blues sign him up to that kind of money over 3 years only for them to want to offload him just 2 months later  :o. Thankfully not something we have to worry about but it could be a scenario we could jump into as a 3rd or 4th party to get that sort of deal through and get something worthwhile out of it ourselves like another first round draft pick.

i think th eblues did it as a form of reverse psychology, to make everyone think and feel as he is such a valuable and important player thus can use him and try and trade him for prime real estate , hope it backfires on them , maybe who ever does want huim can renegotiate his contract , im not sure if thats possible or not but its not uncommon 4 players to take pay cuts

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2005, 04:42:22 PM »

i think th eblues did it as a form of reverse psychology, to make everyone think and feel as he is such a valuable and important player thus can use him and try and trade him for prime real estate , hope it backfires on them , maybe who ever does want huim can renegotiate his contract , im not sure if thats possible or not but its not uncommon 4 players to take pay cuts

Pretty expensive reverse psychology  ;D. Another club would have to be willing to take on Fevola's full contract which is unlikely or the Blues will have to keep paying a fair portion off it for 3 years while he plays elsewhere when they aren't rolling in money. Sounds like a total stuff up to me if they want to trade him.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Informal talks over Fevola?
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2005, 04:08:39 AM »
There's a paragraph in the H-Sun linking us to Fevola ???.

Malouf denied the Blues had embarked on informal talks last week with several clubs, including Hawthorn and Richmond, in an attempt to off load Fevola.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,16580446%255E19742,00.html

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2005, 05:24:19 PM »
I also saw that, my opinion is that if Carlton were prepared to pay half his salary- 50% of it for the next 3 years- Fevola as a full forward- could kick between 60-70 goals a season. Maybe people arent interested but a 24yo full forward who can get you 60-70 goals a season and cost you only $200,000 a season...i reckon its a possibility but only if they are prepared to accept a Tivendale and a 2nd round draft pick! I see this like investment....if its got potential and its cheap then why not!

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2005, 08:33:34 AM »
I'm not worried where he goes, just as long as he doesn't come to us.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2005, 10:59:57 AM »
Agree with that RR.  You want players who can be unpredictable on the field, but not his sort of unpredictable.  He’s too much of a loose cannon and too much like hard work.

The chances of him growing up any time between now and the end of his career aren’t big enough to warrant going anywhere near him.

He’s had two premiership coaches in Parkin and Pagan and he’s taken 2 steps forward and 3 steps back in recent times.  I’ve heard David Parkin speak about him and he was prepared to move him on when he was coaching him. 

He just comes across as too self-interested to be a good team player and could only prove to be a disruptive influence on the rest of the team and their efforts, unless he gets an almighty reality check, and even then I’d still have my doubts about him being worth the risk and effort.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2005, 11:14:35 AM »
mmmmm -  :-\

Offline tigertough12

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2005, 11:52:39 AM »
i'd take him without any hesitation, he's a matchwinner and matchwinners win you premierships. Can you imagine Richo at FF, Fev at CHF and Brownie crumbing, just thinking about it is giving me goosebumps. Richmond should move heaven and earth to get him over to tigerland, he's only 24 years old  :thumbsup

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2005, 12:33:57 PM »
the recruitment of fevola sort of fits in with how i think recruiting should happen. To build a premiership list imho...you must get the best player available from another club every season + 2 very good youngsters who have the potential to do great things. If he comes cheap I would take fevola

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2005, 12:55:52 PM »
I believe the implication with us and a Fevola trade, is that whoever gets him will have to get our 8th pick off us somehow.

Now as for Richmond getting Fevola, hmmmmmmmmm

His only 24, so you'd think he could play another 6-8 years in some capacity.

We all know that on a good day his like no other player, however on a bad day its not pretty to watch.

His media savvy (somewhat), so him, browny and wallace would make for a lot of media attention to us, can be handy when looking for sponsors, so more $$$.

His contract is a little bit of a worry, however i think we'd have the space for the next 3 years to make it work.

Browny has only 2 years left on his contract, while Richo can just go on vets if the salary cap starts to become a bit tight.

Personally, i don't know what do think.

I doubt we'd get Fevola for pick 8, but i could be wrong.

It also depends on how much of his contract Carlton are going to way.

Maybe if we take on the whole thing, they will drop the trade asking price for him.

Might be another interesting trade week afterall.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2005, 01:23:07 PM »
I don’t disagree with that thinking RT, but to win a premiership you also need players who are prepared to be ‘team’ players.

Two premiership coaches have managed to get Fevola to this point where he’s still self-interested and self-involved.  That’s coaches who know how to build a winning team and get players to work together.

Right now, he doesn’t seem interested in what can make him a better footballer, or care about his teammates or his club.  He’s more interested in bagging club legends as soon as they try and give a hint as to how to improve the team and just drags his club further down than it already is, because he’s got his nose out of joint.

If he doesn’t want to hear it or learn from those who know then what chance has anyone else got with him and if he wants to learn the hard way then let him do it somewhere else.  There are plenty of other players out there who could contribute a whole lot more than his attitude allows and could be more effective, consistent, valuable and take up less of everyone’s energies, even if they’re not as talented.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2005, 02:42:25 PM »
lets accept some facts here.
im not a fev fan only because he has caused us headches in the past. 

but he is an excitemnebt machine in a way like richo, sure he has bad days but so does every good player. he has been a pretty handy player in a crap team, very much like richo.

now fev does show physical presence and is a damn gr8 kick for goal and a thumping kick to boot. his attitude is poor at times but so was barry halls b4 he went to sydney, a change of scenery would be good 4 him, and lets face it , pagan is a crap overrated coach with bad ppl skills.

with fev richo and brown in the fwd line we have 200 goals potential b/w the 3! how greatthat would be.

and say we did give up pick 8 for him and say a tivendale, who cares. what are the chances of pick 8 in this yrs draft to be any where near as dangerous as fev.

we will need a key big man to take over when richo is gone, and shultz will be a leppitsch type defender that can go fwd if needed.

i say if the blues are prepared to pay part of his salary lets go 4 it. he is high profile has  the ability and his maturity will come.  poo , big powerfu; key fwds are hard to find and you wont fiond him at pick 8.

for all u tigers that hate him, as i do , as soon as he puts on a black and yellow jumper, we will love him because he will become family!  he with richo  brown pettifer and stafford could be a powerful fwd line

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2005, 03:05:07 PM »
No

If we could get him for Chaffey and a mars bar then maybe but given we would pay through the roof then
its not on...

I am one for mainly sticking with recruiting young players but if we are to get another big name player
at some stage that would cost us our early draft picks i would hope we make a smarter choice than fev..
Fingers crossed this is another BS rumour with no truth in it...