Author Topic: FEVOLA / Tigers take a nibble at Fevola  (Read 25008 times)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: FEVOLA
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2005, 04:34:33 PM »
I think Having Richo, Fevola and Browny would turn us into one of the highest scoring teams in the comp.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2005, 04:38:33 PM »
they would easily get 200 goals b/w them

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2005, 05:00:56 PM »
I wouldnt give pick 8 for fevola. more like 24 and tivendale. in the end, its a buyers market-for fevola. For me as i said before its like investment, there comes a time when good assets become cheap- like for example when some blue chip shares go through a  bad patch, the smarties of this world know that when that happens and people start jumping ship- thats when you get in and buy...just like for examples when brambles were $4 a share about 18 months ago and now there $9.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2005, 05:53:27 PM »
Trading for Fevola is the easy part if we wanted him compared to working around his substancial contract. It's not like we are rolling in money (we'll just make a profit even though we're only paying rouhgly 94% of the salary cap) and Fev's not worth $1.5 million over 3 years. Sheesh that'd put him up in Browny's league :o. Cambo and Graham retiring and offloading a senior player or two such as Tivs and Hilton will free up some dough but remember Tuck next year and Lids the following year will no longer be on a basic draftee salary.

In any case Pick 8 should be non-negotiable unless a trade gives us another high first round pick in it's place.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2005, 09:01:32 PM »
Eww yuk!  No thanks!

A old digger on WLF said he'd been supporting the Tigers for 50 years but if they recruited Fevola he would stop.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Fevola rumour a beat-up - Miller
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2005, 09:48:13 PM »
Tigers deny Fevola talks
19:31 AEST Wed Sep 14 2005
Ninemsn News
AAP

AFL club Richmond has flatly denied any discussions with Carlton over out-of-favour forward Brendan Fevola.

Newspaper reports said informal talks had been held between the Tigers and Carlton over Fevola, with the gifted but erratic full-forward looming as the key player in the AFL's pre-draft trade period.

But Richmond director of football Greg Miller insisted the Tigers had not discussed the possibility of a trade to bring Fevola to Punt Road.

"We have not spoken to anyone about him - it's an absolute beat-up," Miller said.

"It's a make-believe story - we haven't expressed any interest at all in him."

Fevola is reportedly being shopped by the Blues despite signing a new three-year contract midway through this season worth an estimated $400,000 a year.

A poor second half of the season, rumours of problems between him and coach Denis Pagan and Carlton trying to find the extra funds to re-sign Lance Whitnall have fuelled speculation that Fevola will depart in the off-season.

Richmond is already well stocked for forwards, including current full forward Matthew Richardson, though 24-year-old Fevola is six years younger than his Tigers counterpart.

Richmond holds pick eight in the upcoming national draft, but that would appear unlikely to be enough on its own to sway the Blues into parting with Fevola.

Hawthorn, Collingwood, Adelaide and West Coast have all been mentioned as other possible new homes for Fevola.

Hawthorn and Collingwood, which each hold two of the top six draft picks, are best placed to deal on Fevola.

He would be a natural fit at the Hawks, who lack a key forward and relied on small forward Mark Williams for the bulk of their goals this year.

A Fevola move to Collingwood could allow the Magpies to off-load its out-of-sorts full-forward Chris Tarrant elsewhere in a trade to help bolster its midfield.

Adelaide and West Coast are also desperate for a key forward, but are still in the finals race and would be forced to offer players instead of, or in addition to, their low first-round draft picks.

Meanwhile, Richmond is close to signing midfielder Shane Tuck to a new, improved multi-year deal.

Tuck, arguably the AFL's most improved player this season, emerged as one of the league's premier midfielders in 2005 after nearly being cut from the club at the end of 2004.

Tuck is rated one of the favourites to win the Tigers' best and fairest award on Friday night.

"It's all well advanced with him - it's at the paperwork stage and it's just a matter of executing the deal which should happen in the next couple of weeks," Miller said.

©AAP 2005

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=3647

letsgetiton!

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2005, 06:59:07 AM »
Eww yuk!  No thanks!

A old digger on WLF said he'd been supporting the Tigers for 50 years but if they recruited Fevola he would stop.

then he is not a true supporter, the club is what u support thus whoever wheres the black and yellow is playing 4 the club we support. ppl who make such bs statements have no idea, the club is the constant, the club is who we support , the club never changes. players and coaches come and go but the richmond football club will always remain the rfc. any idiot who says he/she wont support the team because player x or coach y is employed should just go dig a whole and bury themselves as they are just pretend supporters

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2005, 08:59:15 AM »
Eww yuk!  No thanks!

then he is not a true supporter, the club is what u support thus whoever wheres the black and yellow is playing 4 the club we support. ppl who make such bs statements have no idea, the club is the constant, the club is who we support , the club never changes. players and coaches come and go but the richmond football club will always remain the rfc. any idiot who says he/she wont support the team because player x or coach y is employed should just go dig a whole and bury themselves as they are just pretend supporters

Have to agree with X here - That said, I have been toing and froing about this and just cannot justify even a first round pick.

It is amazing how players are blown out of proportion. Richo is miles in front of this bloke in all aspects of the game.

Fevola can be a match winner on his day (but from what I have explored this is far and few between) - The guy averages,  8 kicks a game over his career, has kicked 195 goals from 83 games - not even 2.5 per game. Average about 50 a year, good but not elite.

That said I have faith in Wallace and Miller and whatever they choose will be fine by me (Not cloke or woewoeful tho :lol), as TW said he wont be giving up high draft picks, and I rate Schultz has a big future ahead of him, so no trades there. Let someone else have the headcase is my opinion. But if we get him at no great cost - no big deal (Just no 5 year contracts or exorbitant fee).

letsgetiton!

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2005, 11:16:08 AM »
i hear ya

im not a big fan of the shag fevola, but say the tigers do want him and he wears the yellow and black, well then he is one of ours

at this stage though 90% of the rumors going around are just speculation

Offline tigertough12

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2005, 11:38:17 AM »
Forget it,  'the shag' is signed sealed and delivered to the saints, especially if gehrig retires

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2005, 12:56:31 PM »
As long as we don't get him.

Even if you could get him at bargain basement price, is he worth the trouble?  People seem to be swayed by the romantic notion that he’ll leave Carlton and suddenly be transformed into this consistent, ideal footballer.

If he was to go to a stronger team, at a stronger club, then maybe he could work, but not at a club like ours that’s trying to build a team.  He’s already shown what he’s like in that sort of environment.  He would just take up so much more of people’s time and energy than should be necessary that he’s not worth the risk, regardless of his ability.

A premiership is a team effort and if we want to build a strong team then we cannot afford to have such individuals, who are happy doing their own thing, on and off the ground, on our list, going around influencing impressionable types.  It would just be asking for trouble at the stage we’re at.  Let some other club that’s better placed to handle him deal with him.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2005, 05:59:19 PM »
Anthony Hudson on SEN says we're still being linked to Fevola. Grant Thomas has said the Saints won't be going after Fevola.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2005, 06:42:25 PM »
I'd get him if he was on the cheap. But I would set down a few rules. I think he is the sort of player who needs some discipline. Number one on the list - lose the dreds. Time to show you are more worried about winning than your image and how you look on the telly.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2005, 07:00:27 PM »
Number one on the list - lose the dreds. 
He lost them weeks ago Jake.  ;D  (On TFS I think)

I'd love to get him. I still miss Cloke dominating at CHF and Roach at FF. Planning for the years ahead with kids is good but I want a chance at success in the meantime as well.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

letsgetiton!

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2005, 08:00:14 PM »
i say go 4 him! and grow the dreads back!!! like samson, he needs his hair 4 strength