Author Topic: FEVOLA / Tigers take a nibble at Fevola  (Read 26425 times)

Offline tigerforever

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: FEVOLA
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2005, 10:26:41 AM »
not true re pattison

barry brooks was traded the year after being drfated from port to saints

cheers :shh
pattison was only drafted last year and all new kids have to remain on the list for 2 yrs

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2005, 01:41:54 PM »
i support getting the fev, but no way should we be giving them pick 8 and a player like schulz or even pattison.

EXACTAMUNDO  :thumbsup

Moi

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2005, 04:38:06 PM »
The more posts i see about this retar... egomaniac the more depressed i get.
No Fev thank you  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2005, 05:17:39 PM »
fev cant enter the the PSD he is contracted,

if we wanna get him we have to trade for him.

Oops! my bad.

You're correct blaisee. I was mixing it up with a player putting a price on their head prior to the PSD and the club that picks him up having to agree to those terms.

can fevola quit the blues, terminate his contract and enter the  psd?
is this possible???

I would have thought it's still possible but both Fevola and Carlton would need to agree on the termination of his contract. The Blues would definitely go for it  as they need to save $$$. Up to Fevola to try and get another club to agree to a brand new contract with similar terms ($1.5m for 3 years) before he agreed to terminate his Carlton contract with the Blues blessing and then go into the PSD. A big risk for him when he's already guaranteed that amount by staying at Carlton. He could outprice himself and end up out of the AFL. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2005, 05:25:30 PM »
If we trade away pick 8 or any young tall such as Schulz or Patto then we might as well bolt up the gates and shut the club down. We wouldn't deserve to be in the AFL doing dumb trades like that anymore :banghead.

Offer Carlton pick 24 + Tivs or Chaffey. Take it or leave it.

The Blues have to offload him as they so far in debt and their TPP so ridiculously high for a wooden spooner and heavily weighted towards only 6 senior players it's crippling their club. By taking Fevola off their hands even cheaply the Blues could save between $1-1.5m dollars over 3 years as Weaver mentioned on BF. Similar to the bombers letting go of Heffernan, Blumfield and Caracella cheaply for picks due to salary cap problems. Also the Heffernan rule means Fevola being recently re-signed needs to agree to any trade. If he doesn't want to go interstate say that knocks out West Coast for instance. By Friday Carlton will be desperate if they haven't got a deal.

not true re pattison

barry brooks was traded the year after being drfated from port to saints

cheers :shh
pattison was only drafted last year and all new kids have to remain on the list for 2 yrs

You can trade a kid after only one year but he needs to agree to being traded as he's contracted for 2 years.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 05:41:55 PM by mightytiges »

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2005, 06:19:22 PM »
My humble view is that we should just wait our turn on draft day and when pick 8 comes around there will still be one of Kennedy, Ryder, Dowler, Clark or Hughes left on the table. I would take any of those kids in front of Fevola any day of the week as a RFC player.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2005, 07:35:57 PM »
My humble view is that we should just wait our turn on draft day and when pick 8 comes around there will still be one of Kennedy, Ryder, Dowler, Clark or Hughes left on the table. I would take any of those kids in front of Fevola any day of the week as a RFC player.

Totally agree RT.

No quick fixes = keep pick 8. 

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2005, 07:41:25 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Not that i want Fevola, but, if we could get Fevola for pick 24, Newman and taking on all of his salary, what would you all say?

Bulluss

« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2005, 08:12:10 PM »
Seeing that Newman is Fev's best man next friday in his wedding i would have thought Newman staying would be something that Fev would want and he would also be one of the main people trying to convince him to come over.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2005, 10:42:01 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Not that i want Fevola, but, if we could get Fevola for pick 24, Newman and taking on all of his salary, what would you all say?

I'm a big fan of Newman so pass. Getting rid of our blokes who have good skills and hit their targets won't help us get better as a footy team.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2005, 07:28:30 AM »
Seeing that Newman is Fev's best man next friday in his wedding i would have thought Newman staying would be something that Fev would want and he would also be one of the main people trying to convince him to come over.

I wouldn't give up a Newman - Have a lot of respect for this bloke. Strange pairing Fev and Newman as mates seems a bit like Felix and Oscar (without ever meeting the guys)  :rollin

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2005, 02:10:13 PM »
fev cant enter the the PSD he is contracted,

can fevola quit the blues, terminate his contract and enter the psd?
is this possible???

Yeah it is possible becasue it is exactly what happened to Zantuck (remember him ;D) & the tigers last season. Zantuck has 12 months to go on his contract and he agreed to terminate it so he could go into the PSD draft.

As to what I'd give up for Fev - well nothing because I don't want him. But under no circumstances (that's none, no way noooooooo get it) would I be giving up pick 8 from Brendan Fevola.

Actually come to think of it I would give up pick 8 for Fevola if Fevola came with pick 4 - then they can have pick 8  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 02:12:33 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2005, 10:20:52 PM »
with deal making like that WP im also considering making you an honorary greek!  :cheers

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
Tigers take a nibble at Fevola
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2005, 12:40:02 AM »
Tigers take a nibble at Fevola

By Jake Niall
October 3, 2005

RICHMOND will inquire about the asking price for Carlton's Brendan Fevola in the course of trade week, becoming the first club to make public its interest in the forward.

The Tigers are one of few clubs with the capacity to accommodate Fevola's $450,000-plus contract under the salary cap. The question is whether they can meet Carlton's asking price — certain to be hefty — in draft picks and/or players.

Carlton has been open in its willingness to trade the enigmatic spearhead provided the deal is right but it has not received offers from other clubs, with focus on the less-expensive Lance Whitnall.

Fevola is understood to view Richmond as an ideal destination — Tiger defender Chris Newman is one of Fevola's friends, and he would not have to leave Melbourne, where he has regular media gigs, including The Footy Show.

Should the Tigers be serious about trading for the full-forward, Carlton will almost certainly expect its first draft pick, No. 8, in any deal, but it's unclear whether Richmond, which has been rebuilding since Terry Wallace's appointment as senior coach, is prepared to take that step.

Fevola's potential move is a significant domino in trading week, which begins today at Optus Oval. Fevola's fate could have a bearing on Whitnall. Should the full-forward leave, money would be freed up for Whitnall — and Carlton would be unwilling to let both key forwards leave at once.

Whitnall met Melbourne representatives yesterday and indicated he was considering a move from Carlton. The centre half-forward is weighing up a two-year offer of up to $350,000 from the Blues, but deliberations appear to involve more than money — the key being whether he believes his career is best served at Carlton.

Fevola's possible exit holds fewer ramifications for uncontracted duo Matthew Lappin and Scott Camporeale. Carlton has taken a tough line in negotiations with them, largely because of their age.

Camporeale will this morning advise the Blues if he has accepted their contract offer, or ask to be traded. The veteran Blue has been considering terms over the weekend after months of negotiations.

"Scott has been a committed Carlton person all his career but this is an extremely important contract at this stage in his career and I am not going to pre-empt his decision," his manager, Craig Vozzo, said. Several clubs have expressed interest in getting Camporeale's services.

St Kilda is likely to give up its first draft choice, No. 17 overall, for Fergus Watts, the son of chief executive Jim Watts, should it finalise a trade with Adelaide. The Crows want a pick inside the top 10 for Watts, who was pick No. 14 two years ago.

With Michael Gleeson

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/10/02/1128191606143.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still think that we can get him without giving up our pick 8, if we take on all of his contract, when it comes down to it the Blues are stuffed financially, and will want to ditch all of his contract.

As far as i'm concerned, Pick 8, Patto and Schulz are off the table.

What could we offer though while trying to be a bit realistic?

This is what i'd be willing to part with for Fevola (not all of it of course!  ;)):
Pick 24 - They're rebuilding, so they wont knock back picks.
Hall - Last time i checked their Defense is worse then ours, and Hall will be overvalued at the tradetable.
Hyde - I think Wallaces loves him, but i could live with trading him.
Knobel - Carlton need a ruckmen BAD.
Hartigan - I tend to think he'll also be overrated at the trade table, but i like him so wouldn't want to trade him.
Krakeour - They have Betts, so i'm tempted to delete Krakeour off the list, but ohwell his here.

And before anyone mentions their names, CARLTON WILL NOT WANT CHAFFEY OR TIVENDALE!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then we can really start to go ridiculous, and trade pick 8 for Tarrant and something.

Then we'll get Jonathan Brown via the PSD.

HF: Tarrant, J.Brown, N.Brown
FF: Fevola, Richo, Pettifer

Ok, so the last two aren't going to happen, but try stopping that forward line!  :rollin
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 01:51:22 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers rumour hits Feva pitch (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2005, 01:53:18 AM »
 Tigers rumour hits Feva pitch
Damian Barrett and Jim Wilson
Herald-Sun
03oct05

THE talk began two weeks ago and by last night was on the lips of seemingly everyone in footy – Brendan Fevola could be at Richmond next year.

While many complicated and expensive demands will have to be met for the Carlton full-forward to end up at Punt Rd, the potential move will be the crucial discussion topic when AFL trade week begins today.

Despite being contracted to the Blues until the end of 2008, Fevola has fallen from favour and will be the sole subject of discussion when Carlton officials meet their Richmond counterparts at Optus Oval today.

Richmond is excited by a forward line containing Fevola and Matthew Richardson, whose expected elevation to the veterans' list would help the financial squeeze that would accompany the signing of the wayward 24-year-old.

The outcome on Fevola, who is reportedly on $500,000 a year for the next three seasons, will also determine the future of Carlton teammate Lance Whitnall. While the Blues are happy to shop around both Fevola and Whitnall, they are prepared to part with only one.

Melbourne has headed the clubs keen to secure Whitnall.

A possible Andrew Welsh (Essendon) for Greg Tivendale (Richmond) swap was also being mooted yesterday.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,16793700%255E11088,00.html