Author Topic: FEVOLA / Tigers take a nibble at Fevola  (Read 26428 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tigers take a nibble at Fevola
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2005, 01:57:16 AM »
 Fevola, Whitnall pawns in Blues' trading plan
Greg Denham
The Australian
October 03, 2005

It is understood the Blues want the contracted Fevola out but are hoping to retain Whitnall, who is off contract and in dispute over their financial offer. Carlton wants Whitnall to take a pay cut.

But the financially strapped club cannot act until Fevola is sent to another club for the right deal, and there has been no interest according to Fevola's manager Paul Connors. What appears certain is that Fevola and Whitnall will not be team-mates for much longer. Carlton is also still to secure Matthew Lappin and Scott Camporeale.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16792612%255E36035,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2005, 02:47:23 AM »
Should the Tigers be serious about trading for the full-forward, Carlton will almost certainly expect its first draft pick, No. 8, in any deal, but it's unclear whether Richmond, which has been rebuilding since Terry Wallace's appointment as senior coach, is prepared to take that step.

A promise is a promise RFC! NO trading pick 8 unless a Judd was on offer and Fevola is no Judd >:(.

When another club in this case possibly us :P is willing to save you $1.35-1.5m over 3 years when you're up to your up to your eyeballs in debt like Carlton is then that is part of the trade deal. It isn't simply Fevola in exchange for pick(s) or player(s).

I still think that we can get him without giving up our pick 8, if we take on all of his contract, when it comes down to it the Blues are stuffed financially, and will want to ditch all of his contract.

As far as i'm concerned, Pick 8, Patto and Schulz are off the table.

What could we offer though while trying to be a bit realistic?

This is what i'd be willing to part with for Fevola (not all of it of course!  ;)):
Pick 24 - They're rebuilding, so they wont knock back picks.
Hall - Last time i checked their Defense is worse then ours, and Hall will be overvalued at the tradetable.
Hyde - I think Wallaces loves him, but i could live with trading him.
Knobel - Carlton need a ruckmen BAD.
Hartigan - I tend to think he'll also be overrated at the trade table, but i like him so wouldn't want to trade him.
Krakeour - They have Betts, so i'm tempted to delete Krakeour off the list, but ohwell his here.

And before anyone mentions their names, CARLTON WILL NOT WANT CHAFFEY OR TIVENDALE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would reckon pick 24 + taking on nearly if not all of his contract is a given for any deal to go through and be agreed upon by both parties. Miller said last week that Krakouer was safe. Knobel's contract wouldn't save them much money you would think. Your other choices Razor aren't unrealistic. If we think Schulz can hold down CHB then we may think we can let Hall go. He's also the oldest of your list at 25 (in 3 weeks time). Hyde is 23 while Hartigan is 20. 

If we're the only club truly interested that can afford Fevola salary-cap wise and Carlton want Fevola out because they are financially up the creek then we hold the upper hand in negoitations because we don't have to take him but Carlton have to hold onto Fevola if they can't trade him.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 02:55:07 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2005, 06:19:40 AM »
radio said this morning they will offer tiv, hall and pick 24 or 8  depending if they pay part his contract. love to know how gold 104 got this info!!!

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2005, 08:44:16 AM »
thats crazy, 24 and Hall should see this out.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2005, 08:53:57 AM »
thats crazy, 24 and Hall should see this out.

the good news is that we have the power in the deal , they are the ones who want him out

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2005, 09:21:26 AM »
Should the Tigers be serious about trading for the full-forward, Carlton will almost certainly expect its first draft pick, No. 8, in any deal, but it's unclear whether Richmond, which has been rebuilding since Terry Wallace's appointment as senior coach, is prepared to take that step.

A promise is a promise RFC! NO trading pick 8 unless a Judd was on offer and Fevola is no Judd >:(.

He’s far from it MT.  After all that's been said, if we now trade away pick 8, unless it’s to get a higher draft pick, then GM and TW should pack their bags now.  :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead >:( >:( >:(
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2005, 11:08:51 AM »
Don't worry, i can't see us trading our 8th pick for Fevola, especially if we take on all of his contract.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2005, 01:06:15 PM »
RFC have to have rocks in their head to want to pick him up at any price.

There are enough challenges in the AFL without going out and buying more of them.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2005, 01:48:58 PM »
radio said this morning they will offer tiv, hall and pick 24 or 8  depending if they pay part his contract. love to know how gold 104 got this info!!!

I wouldn't worry too much about what the "coach" on Gold 104 has to say X, he was the one who predicted on day one of trade week last year that the "coach mail was that Ottens would be going to Sydney". And where did he end up again :help He also said that there was absolutely no way in the world that one Terry Wallace would coach Richmond................what's the name of the the Tiger's coach again :help

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Fevola talk premature: Miller
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »
Fevola talk premature: Miller

11:19:30 AM Mon 3 October, 2005
Matt Burgan
Sportal for afl.com.au

Richmond director of football Greg Miller has confirmed he has spoken to Carlton forward Brendan Fevola, but added that it is too early to know whether the enigmatic Blue will become a Tiger.

Miller, speaking on the first day of the exchange period at Optus Oval, suggested plenty of water needed to go under the bridge before Fevola could become a Tiger.

"I spoke to him a few weeks ago and there has been no discussion since and I haven't spoken to Carlton at all, so it's a bit premature, that's for sure," Miller said.

"I've spoken to 15 or 20 players in the last couple of weeks and he's been just one of them, and that was two or three weeks ago now."

Asked what Richmond needed to give up, in order to recruit Fevola, Miller said: "I don't know."

"It's interesting, there are a lot of things. You've got to take a lot into account with any quality player and there is a price you've got to pay them," Miller said.

Miller said Jack Dyer Medallist Mark Coughlan would not be traded in a Fevola deal, and he was unaware of any deal involving Tiger midfielder Greg Tivendale or Essendon defender Andrew Welsh.

"We haven't mentioned Andrew at all. I saw the Tivendale/Welsh one in the paper this morning and that's news to us," Miller said.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=232942
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2005, 03:10:25 PM »
Yep we have the upper hand , but if push comes to shove and Carlton
won't trade him for a reasonable offer will we walk away?

I would like to think so but based on recent history i have my doubts..

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2005, 04:19:40 PM »
You would hope we could walk away HB. Miller's doing the negotiations himself. Wallace is apparently been seen running around a track in Eltham today.

Geez some of the trades mentioned by supporters on SEN today have to be heard to be believed. A Tiger "fan" rang up and said Kane Johnson for Fevola  ::).

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2005, 04:43:20 PM »
Who's the idiot on SEN with Schwarz and Hudson who said he reckons it'll be Simmonds for Fevola?! Simmo's a ruckman you moron  ::).

letsgetiton!

« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2005, 05:03:55 PM »
You would hope we could walk away HB. Miller's doing the negotiations himself. Wallace is apparently been seen running around a track in Eltham today.

Geez some of the trades mentioned by supporters on SEN today have to be heard to be believed. A Tiger "fan" rang up and said Kane Johnson for Fevola  ::).

it wasnt me who called but u could see where he is coming from, sugar is slow and over rated a tad

letsgetiton!

« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2005, 05:05:03 PM »
Who's the idiot on SEN with Schwarz and Hudson who said he reckons it'll be Simmonds for Fevola?! Simmo's a ruckman you moron  ::).

isnt it that tim harding w@nker