Author Topic: FEVOLA / Tigers take a nibble at Fevola  (Read 26427 times)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tigers take a nibble at Fevola
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2005, 05:15:07 PM »
Carlton wouldn't trade Johnson for Fevola, they want to make their list younger, not older!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2005, 05:55:03 PM »
it wasnt me who called but u could see where he is coming from, sugar is slow and over rated a tad

Will agree to disagree X ;).

Who's the idiot on SEN with Schwarz and Hudson who said he reckons it'll be Simmonds for Fevola?! Simmo's a ruckman you moron  ::).

isnt it that tim harding w@nker

Yeah that's him ::). He said it would be a exchange of FF ???.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2005, 06:00:14 PM »
Carlton are not dealing on Whitnall. The Dees asked and the Blues said no. Which would mean Fevola is the one most likely to go if that remains the case.

Tigers snuck out a back exit on the way out so no comment from us since Miller spoke before heading into Optus Oval.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
2 first round picks for Fevola?
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2005, 06:22:47 PM »
SEN are claiming we are trying to get another first round pick (Hall + Tivs) then pass both that one and pick 8 to the Blues for Fevola ::).

Just because we did Geelong over with Ottens last year doesn't mean that's the precident ::). Geelong were desperate for Ottens while we are not for Fev. It's the Blues who are desperate to get rid of him or more so his hefty contract.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2005, 06:38:53 PM »
How about we just keep that 2nd 1st rounder to ourselves and forget the Fev. Camporeale has just quitthe blues. This may mean that Carlton have to keep Fev to pay above the minimum 92.5% of tpp. Also Miller just on 3aw theres was no unequivocal statement about Krak. I reckon hes after Polak and Krak will go if Miller can nab Polak.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 06:40:59 PM by RampagingTiger »

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2005, 06:46:14 PM »
2 1st rounders for Fev?

No thanks.

I'm interested in Fevola, but not for that price!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2005, 06:59:00 PM »
2 1st rounders for Fev?

No thanks.

I'm interested in Fevola, but not for that price!
[/quote

RT never said that

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2005, 07:02:43 PM »
Greg Miller - was on 3AW (I only caught the end of it) and said the Tigers had spoken to Carlton but there is alot things to go through, stuff like what the Blues want, how much of the contract they are prepared to pay etc..  :banghead :banghead

He also said they'd had spoken to Freo (or freo approached them I not sure which) about Polak and Freo want Cogs for Polak - give me a break.

He went onto say:

Krakouer highly unlikely to be traded, we are likely to keep him

Tivendale - there had been interest. Pointed out that Tivendale has over the years played some very good footy but this year had been one of his best and Tiv's aware of that and when you are on good money and have a poor year your name gets mentioned alot at trade time
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2005, 07:08:05 PM »
Fremantle want ANOTHER slowish, in and under midfielder?

They ARE idiots!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2005, 08:12:38 PM »

He also said they'd had spoken to Freo (or freo approached them I not sure which) about Polak and Freo want Cogs for Polak - give me a break.

if its true cogs really wants to go home and out of the tigers i say f him , i dont want any player wearing our jumper unless they are 110% totalluy proud and honoured to wear it with pleasure.

if its not true, i say trade him anyway, he is slow and has weak disposal!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2005, 08:14:49 PM »

Will agree to disagree X ;).

lol, i knew that would get a bite from ya mt!  :cheers
no chance we will trade sugar 4 anyone, except maybe a pavlic judd or j brown lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2005, 10:45:58 PM »
Michael Malouf, Carlton's recruiting manager?, on 3aw and SEN said that Fevola is a required player for them. He said he told Fevola that all of the trade talk on Fevola hasn't come from the Blues and is only speculations. It's more than likely that Fevola will be at Carlton for the next 3 years. Unless some remarkable trade came up in the next few days then Fevola will remain at Carlton.

Make of that what you will.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2005, 11:17:20 PM »
Thanks for that WP :cheers

Greg Miller - was on 3AW (I only caught the end of it) and said the Tigers had spoken to Carlton but there is alot things to go through, stuff like what the Blues want, how much of the contract they are prepared to pay etc..  :banghead :banghead

If it's anything more than a second pick + a player (not Lids, Cogs, Tambling or Pattison though ::) ) then tell them to shove it. Sheesh as RT said if we were able to get two first rounders then we'd be keeping them for ourselves to use not give them away.

:rollin

Surprised they didn't ask for Lids and Tambling while they were at it for Shaun McManus. About as realistic ::).

One crazy and deluded footy club. It says something when dockerland their forum changes itself and club colours to "swansland" to celebrate their crosstown rivals defeat in the GF ??? :lol.

Tivendale - there had been interest. Pointed out that Tivendale has over the years played some very good footy but this year had been one of his best and Tiv's aware of that and when you are on good money and have a poor year your name gets mentioned alot at trade time

Tivs has been poor the last year or two but his gametime and stats still exceeds that of Cole or Richards yet their clubs expect a first round pick in return. Amazing what being 4-5 years younger does to recruiters.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2005, 12:42:40 AM »
The Age
Michael Gleeson and Jake Niall
October 4, 2005

The Camporeale walkout came as the Blues intensified their push to keep Lance Whitnall and played hardball with Richmond over Brendan Fevola, whom the Tigers have in their sights.

The Blues bluntly told Melbourne, Whitnall's main suitor, that he would not be traded, while they did not even canvass the terms of any Fevola trade with the Tigers.

Richmond football director Greg Miller said the club's initial inquiries had been quickly rebuffed. "They said that he wasn't on the market," Miller said.

Richmond confirmed to Carlton, however, that it had spoken to Fevola recently about a move to Punt Road. The spearhead views Richmond as a desirable new club and Miller said he would thrive at the Tigers. "We're confident we've got the right people at the club to get the best out of any players," Miller said.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/10/03/1128191660896.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2005, 12:49:25 AM »
"We're confident we've got the right people at the club to get the best out of any players," Miller said.

That's one BIG statement!

Hopefully for all our blokes that is now true because it hasn't been so for a couple of decades at Punt Road.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 12:51:29 AM by mightytiges »