Author Topic: FEVOLA / Tigers take a nibble at Fevola  (Read 26429 times)

Offline tigertough12

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tigers take a nibble at Fevola
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2005, 11:18:52 AM »
We cannot be serious about giving up pick 8 for him.  He ain’t worth that.

If he comes to Richmond I’ll learn to live with it, but not at the expense of pick 8. :banghead :banghead :banghead Especially after this comment:

Tigers ready for top talent quest
14 November 2004   
Sunday Herald Sun

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace has pledged the Tigers will not give away one first-round draft selection in his five-year reign.

"One of the aims of stepping in was to change that -- and to change it not just over a one-year period, (so) over my period we will not give away first-round draft selections. We will be picking our own, developing our own champions of the future."

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?PHPSESSID=51c0f223b101a195b7c51b4182fcd4ea&topic=1060.0

He also said that he will give away a first round Draft but only for a 6-10 year player. Fev is a power forward and power forwards dont grow on trees, once richo retires we are stuffed if we dont get him.

Dont forget this years draft is pretty even so doesnt matter if your got pick 8 or pick 38

letsgetiton!

« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2005, 11:35:17 AM »
We cannot be serious about giving up pick 8 for him.  He ain’t worth that.

If he comes to Richmond I’ll learn to live with it, but not at the expense of pick 8. :banghead :banghead :banghead Especially after this comment:

14 November 2004   
Sunday Herald Sun

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace has pledged the Tigers will not give away one first-round draft selection in his five-year reign.

"One of the aims of stepping in was to change that -- and to change it not just over a one-year period, (so) over my period we will not give away first-round draft selections. We will be picking our own, developing our own champions of the future."

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?PHPSESSID=51c0f223b101a195b7c51b4182fcd4ea&topic=1060.0

tiger spirit get a lttle realistic.
fev iks way better than pick 8 24 and hatrigan. come on and be serious, he is a power fwd just like richo and a better kick. richo mayeb has more aerobic capacity and can play chf and ff, but fev hasnt really been tried at chf but as a ff, he is a much better kick for goal than richo on a set shot.
now u say we cant give up pick 8, just remember , all the experts are openly saying this crop of draftees is poor esp compared to last yr and next yr is when the better kids will come along. i reckon we will only draft one kid this yr and top up bec we need to, we are young enough and still too inexperienced.
there is no way even pick 1 will be as good as fev this yr, let alone pick 8, judds, deledios etc dont come along every yr

i say do what we can to get fev

the shag must become a tiger! im salivating over a fwd line with richo fev brown simmonds staffor petts krak , its hard enough holding one power fwd let alone two. three

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2005, 12:53:01 PM »
Well playing at Carlton for the past few years can hardly have been the happiest, most positive thing for anyone to experience.

Probably not Razorblade, but you don’t think Parkin and Pagan would be good influences?  And how about Kernahan and a number of other premiership players that are/have been around Carlton over the past few seasons?  They’re not good influences either?

Cambo had less than that at his disposal and worse to contend with throughout his entire career, but that didn’t stop him from being Mr. Consistency and having a professional approach to his footy.

If players want a good environment to work in then they have to contribute something towards that, someone doesn’t just hand it to them on a platter, regardless of which Club they’re at.  Apart from giving others headaches to deal with, what would Fev have contributed to that environment?
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2005, 01:04:48 PM »
He also said that he will give away a first round Draft but only for a 6-10 year player. Fev is a power forward and power forwards dont grow on trees, once richo retires we are stuffed if we dont get him.

Dont forget this years draft is pretty even so doesnt matter if your got pick 8 or pick 38

From now on, I’ll remember to read the get out clauses.

He’d be lucky to last 6-10 months, let alone 6-10 years, if it was put in his contract that he’d be out on his ear if he put one hair out of place.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2005, 01:06:22 PM »
i say do what we can to get fev

the shag must become a tiger! im salivating over a fwd line with richo fev brown simmonds staffor petts krak , its hard enough holding one power fwd let alone two. three

X, you been smoking the drapes again?  You all see that he’s a good kick and blah blah blah, but what about the rest of the package?  There’s that side of things to consider here as well, or are you all just expecting that he’s just gonna become a model of consistency once in a Richmond jumper?

I need to go back to work before I bust a boiler.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2005, 01:12:15 PM »
Out of curiosity, is it possible for a 60+ goal kicker to be inconsistent?

I guess it is when his kicking 5-6 goals a game and winning games off his own boot!  ;)

Come Friday 1pm it will be interesting how bad Carlton want to get rid of Fevola!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2005, 01:23:41 PM »

14 November 2004   
Sunday Herald Sun

But after re-reading the following this Fevola situation doesn't seem such a surprise now:

"Currently, our squad is very young and inexperienced at the bottom end. We have picked up 14 young players in the draft over the past two years, which certainly is a significant number. While all members and supporters are keen to see quality senior players picked up from other league clubs, they also do not want to see early draft selections given away. At times, it is impossible to achieve both these targets . . .

I, along with the Club’s Director of Football, Greg Miller, and the football department, have set up a future list-management strategy. As opportunities present themselves over the next week, we will work through all the options, according to the strategies we have in place. Whether that secures senior players to step straight into our line-up for the opening round next year, or whether it delivers more draft selections for the future, remains to be seen.

Original from: http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=232397

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=2274.0

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2005, 01:46:53 PM »
i like the suggestion someone made that GM is just humouring TW by pretending to go after Fevola so on friday
he will go to Tw and say "sorry , couldn't strike a deal'

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2005, 01:50:24 PM »
We cannot be serious about giving up pick 8 for him.  He ain’t worth that.

14 November 2004  
Sunday Herald Sun

Agree, wholeheartedly TS.

I mean, pick 8 for Fev ?  Come on, those advocating a trade of this nature need to realise that the Fev is a mental midget with a heart the size of a pea and the desirability of an anal pube.

Carlton know he is there (he blue-bagged Big Nic at the B&F), want to scratch it, but just cant seem to face the fact that laser treatment is in order.

Fev does wax his armpits afterall !

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2005, 03:07:40 PM »

I guess it is when his kicking 5-6 goals a game and winning games off his own boot! ;)

Come Friday 1pm it will be interesting how bad Carlton want to get rid of Fevola!

Seeing as power forwards don’t come along all that often, the fact that he’s even up for trade says it all I reckon.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2005, 03:11:41 PM »
But after re-reading the following this Fevola situation doesn't seem such a surprise now:

"Currently, our squad is very young and inexperienced at the bottom end. We have picked up 14 young players in the draft over the past two years, which certainly is a significant number. While all members and supporters are keen to see quality senior players picked up from other league clubs, they also do not want to see early draft selections given away. At times, it is impossible to achieve both these targets . . .

I, along with the Club’s Director of Football, Greg Miller, and the football department, have set up a future list-management strategy. As opportunities present themselves over the next week, we will work through all the options, according to the strategies we have in place. Whether that secures senior players to step straight into our line-up for the opening round next year, or whether it delivers more draft selections for the future, remains to be seen.

Original from: http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=232397

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum//index.php?topic=2274.0

I saw that too WP and after reading that other comment from 2004, you just wonder how concrete this plan for the future has been all along.

We have a plan or we’re just making it up as we go along?

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2005, 03:14:11 PM »

I guess it is when his kicking 5-6 goals a game and winning games off his own boot! ;)

Seeing as power forwards don’t come along all that often, the fact that he’s even up for trade says it all I reckon.

Correct me if im wrong, but werent the top 2 goalkickers this year in Hall and Gehrig traded once upon a time?

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2005, 04:36:51 PM »
You’re absolutely right.  At a stronger club and in a better team environment, if those types don’t have the motivation to pull up their socks then they’re out the door.

At a Club that’s still developing a list, such as ours, you’re not guaranteed the same sort of success.  I just think there are too many risks involved here.  His name/reputation, to some degree, ensures that he becomes influential amongst the younger players.  You may not think it’s a big deal, but I don’t really want his influence around those players.

He seems more motivated by being a Hollywood star than being a footballer.  And we don’t yet have the list to carry his personality and not let it dictate our fortunes on and off the field, in some way.

Whichever way he’s packaged, he’s not worth pick 8.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2005, 04:40:02 PM »
SEN says the latest speculation today is the Doggies are also after Fevola.

They have also said Whitnall has decided to remain at the Blues. You would think now that Fevola will be traded now.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2005, 04:43:58 PM »
They were simply speculating, they didn't say that the Dogs had shown any interest.

They were saying how most coaches probably wouldn't want a bar of Fev, but Wallace and Eade are two coaches who would take on the challenge of turning him around.

Although i don't totally agree that Wallace is ego driven!