Author Topic: FEVOLA / Tigers take a nibble at Fevola  (Read 26432 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tigers take a nibble at Fevola
« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2005, 05:07:21 PM »
As most coaches wouldn't want a bar of Fevola and the Blues need to offload him for $$$ sake we hold the upper hand in the negotiations. To agree on a deal prior to Friday and one that gives up our chance to pick up a young KPP in the top 10 of the draft is just dumb.

btw Saints picked up Dal Santo with the pick they got for Barry Hall and the Eagles got Kerr for Gehrig.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2005, 07:03:22 PM »
SEN says the latest speculation today is the Doggies are also after Fevola.

They have also said Whitnall has decided to remain at the Blues. You would think now that Fevola will be traded now.

i have a feeling if this deal goes through it was done on day one(or b4 that) and they were just waiting on whitnall to sign, now that he has i bet tome or early friday it will be finalised and the shag will be a tiger

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2005, 07:20:51 PM »

For the Doggies to be interested you would think they would need to move Rawlings and his over the top contract

They have also said Whitnall has decided to remain at the Blues. You would think now that Fevola will be traded now.

Agreed now that Lance has deceided to stay at the Blues I reckon Fevola's gone from a 50/50 chance of being traded to 90% certainty.

As I've said before I am resigned to Fevola becoming a Tiger  :P :-\ so if that's the case.............

What the Tigers need to do now is hold there nerve - as MT said we hold the upper hand. I'd be taking pick 8 off the table (if it was ever on it) and say here you are "2 players  + pick 24" take it or leave it.

Both Ch 7 & Ch 9 were saying the tigers are still the favourites to snare Fevola now Whitnall is staying. One of them also said that Nigel Lappin will probably end up in the PSD and that negotiations between the Bombers & BLues for Campereale had broken down (talk about dud a trade :rollin)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2005, 07:42:52 PM »

For the Doggies to be interested you would think they would need to move Rawlings and his over the top contract

Agreed now that Lance has deceided to stay at the Blues I reckon Fevola's gone from a 50/50 chance of being traded to 90% certainty.

As I've said before I am resigned to Fevola becoming a Tiger  :P :-\ so if that's the case.............

What the Tigers need to do now is hold there nerve - as MT said we hold the upper hand. I'd be taking pick 8 off the table (if it was ever on it) and say here you are "2 players  + pick 24" take it or leave it.

Both Ch 7 & Ch 9 were saying the tigers are still the favourites to snare Fevola now Whitnall is staying. One of them also said that Nigel Lappin will probably end up in the PSD and that negotiations between the Bombers & BLues for Campereale had broken down (talk about dud a trade :rollin)

dont ya love these rumors but the latest i heard was the fevola deal is done and will be announced tomorrow.
tive ndale, hall and pick 39 for the shag, if thats the case i will go and get drunk and throw a party!  :cheers

fingers crossed this rumor is right , that means we save our first two picks :thumbsup

and would give miller immortal staus :thumbsup

and means we get rid of two clumsy players for a power match winning fwd who can hold fort once richo retires  :thumbsup  :thumbsup  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2005, 01:53:51 AM »
06 October 2005   
Herald Sun
Damian Barrett and Jim Wilson

While the Blues are expected to exhaust all options of a possible trade involving Fevola, they are finding it difficult to entice a realistic bidder.

Richmond remains interested, but is cooling on the idea of using its No. 8 draft pick.

As of last night, suitable Tiger player trades for Fevola had not presented themselves, and with tomorrow's 2pm deadline looming, odds of a deal were lengthening.

Fevola is contracted to Carlton until the end of 2008.

It is understood Fevola, after Whitnall's signing and a week of speculation, isn't unhappy about staying a Blue, despite significant differences with coach Denis Pagan.

Carlton chief executive Michael Malouf said last night the Fevola situation hadn't changed.

"Brendan is contracted for the next three years and that's where it's at," Malouf said.

Richmond football director Greg Miller said: "We've had no contact with Carlton since Monday and it would be fair to say it's unlikely anything will be done by Friday."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,16830632%255E20322,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #140 on: October 06, 2005, 01:59:10 AM »
Bittersweet day for Blues
The Age
Jake Niall, Michael Gleeson and Stephen Rielly.
October 6, 2005

The decision by Whitnall to remain with the club means attention will now shift to full-forward Brendan Fevola, whom Richmond has declared an interest in, but has yet to make Carlton any meaningful offer.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/10/05/1128191788805.html

--------------------------------------

And from our old friend Greg Denham from The Australian:

But contracted team-mate Fevola's possible move to Richmond went no further yesterday as the Tigers are struggling to find salary cap room.

Richmond defender Ray Hall yesterday agreed to a new two-year deal, but he may not remain at Punt Road. The Tigers are attempting to trade out Hall and Greg Tivendale to free up enough money to chase Fevola.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16826877%255E36035,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #141 on: October 06, 2005, 02:47:53 AM »
While the Blues are expected to exhaust all options of a possible trade involving Fevola, they are finding it difficult to entice a realistic bidder.

Perfect situation for us especially with Whitnall singed up for $400 grand :o.

Richmond remains interested, but is cooling on the idea of using its No. 8 draft pick.

If that's right, finally some commonsense is prevailing.

Richmond football director Greg Miller said: "We've had no contact with Carlton since Monday and it would be fair to say it's unlikely anything will be done by Friday."

Well done Greg.

Don't chase the bid; let the bid come to you  :thumbsup.

By 1.30pm tomorrow it will be Fev firesale time ;) and a second rounder + a player or two will look like a big tasty chocolate sponge cake to the Blues.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2005, 03:03:17 AM »
And from our old friend Greg Denham from The Australian:

But contracted team-mate Fevola's possible move to Richmond went no further yesterday as the Tigers are struggling to find salary cap room.

Let's see - the Tigers were paying only 94% of the cap this year. Tuck will get a far larger salary from now on but that would be offset by Cambo's retirement while Richo and Gas can move onto the Veterans' list if need be. Then there's Hall or Tivs that may be traded plus Graham, Hilton, Morrison and Archibald gone. I would say there's space under the cap ::).   

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2005, 03:12:21 AM »
dont ya love these rumors but the latest i heard was the fevola deal is done and will be announced tomorrow.
tive ndale, hall and pick 39 for the shag, if thats the case i will go and get drunk and throw a party!  :cheers

We have pick 40 so that rumour might be a very wishful little furphy ;).

As long as we keep pick 8 I'll be happy.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2005, 08:10:19 AM »

We have pick 40 so that rumour might be a very wishful little furphy ;).

As long as we keep pick 8 I'll be happy.

lots of furphys going around lol

we definately will  have room in our salary cap that is for sure and by the time lids and bling are up for big money joel will be on the vet list, and gas, and richo will possibly be gone.
the fact that the blues signed whtnall on big dollars will work in our fav, and in teh end if the deal dosnt fall through at least we havent lost anything, and if it does work through it will most likely be in our fav , so we are in a win win situation hear!

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2005, 08:14:58 AM »
Miller has Carlton by the balls, by 12.30pm-1pm tomorrow- theyd probably accept a can of coke and a packet of samboy chips for the fev. Just wait it out...

Offline tigertough12

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2005, 09:26:23 AM »
Miller has Carlton by the balls, by 12.30pm-1pm tomorrow- theyd probably accept a can of coke and a packet of samboy chips for the fev. Just wait it out...

Hope your right, i've got a slab on this with a carlton supporter that Fev will be at Richmond come 2pm tommorow

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #147 on: October 06, 2005, 11:46:46 AM »
apparently the deal is off, as said by Miller on SEN this morning.
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #148 on: October 06, 2005, 12:28:15 PM »
this is better than the poker games you see on TV. Millers doing it brilliantly although ive got a thought that maybe  you may see us make a late play for a Graham Polak or even Daniel Motlop. I smell a rat. This is great stuff.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2005, 12:50:20 PM »
I tend to agree RT - I dont think we're done and dusted yet. I think somethings going to happen tomorrow probably between 12.30 and 1.30pm have no idea what but I just reckon we will do some sort of deal :-\
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)