Author Topic: Noah Cumberland [merged]  (Read 52865 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Reply #240 on: April 06, 2023, 06:52:09 PM »
Cumberland needs to back up his cameo last week with a full game effort on Saturday, so he keeps his spot.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #241 on: April 08, 2023, 08:33:26 PM »
Not his best night. Very very poor with the ball by foot. His work rate was ok and it was a heavy deck but he needs to be a lot better than this.
The club that keeps giving.

FooffooValve

« Reply #242 on: April 08, 2023, 08:35:57 PM »
Apart from a couple of good things, thought he was putrid. Arrogant, selfish and a poor decision maker. Back to the 2s for me until he can demonstrate that he's a team player.

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #243 on: April 08, 2023, 08:39:42 PM »
I think he has a bit of Castagna about him. Lacks composure and polish but with a bit more creativity.

Broadsword

« Reply #244 on: April 08, 2023, 08:45:59 PM »
He looks like creating things and kicking goals. We say no to that at our peril. He can develop in the 1s like a bunch of other favourites.

FooffooValve

« Reply #245 on: April 08, 2023, 08:52:39 PM »
Yeah, nah. Team players for mine, not flashy do nothing individuals. Ok if he's Dustin Martin, but you can't be half OK and an individual in a team game.

Broadsword

« Reply #246 on: April 08, 2023, 08:57:56 PM »
Yeah, nah. Team players for mine, not flashy do nothing individuals. Ok if he's Dustin Martin, but you can't be half OK and an individual in a team game.
I personally didn't see him as selfish today but could be wrong of course. It didn't stand out to me anyway. I just saw a kid taking the game on. He also laid 6 tackles I think -- 4 more than Hopper who played in the guts all day on a wet deck.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #247 on: April 08, 2023, 08:59:50 PM »
He muffed a lot of kicks but was also dangerous

You see the talent but you can also see why Dimma gets frustrated with him

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #248 on: April 08, 2023, 09:03:53 PM »
Kicks a few of those misses and you'd all be sucking his balls

Did anyone not see how many hard chase down tackles he laid? How many times he was clean, got out of traffic and launched it forward?

Yes, he skills were pretty poor tonight but as they say, the good outweighs the bad with this kid. We know he's highly skillful. This was a game where it was peeing down with rain fellas.

Just because we lost a close game that we should have won doesn't mean we should come on here and bag the poo out of kids. He's not the problem.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #249 on: April 08, 2023, 09:04:57 PM »

Did anyone not see how many hard chase down tackles he laid? How many times he was clean, got out of traffic and launched it forward?

Yes, he skills were pretty poor tonight but as they say, the good outweighs the bad with this kid. We know he's highly skillful. This was a game where it was peeing down with rain fellas.

Just because we lost a close game that we should have won doesn't mean we should come on here and bag the poo out of kids. He's not the problem.

Agree not the problem.

Not many senior places stood up tonight.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #250 on: April 08, 2023, 09:05:09 PM »
I personally didn't see him as selfish today but could be wrong of course. It didn't stand out to me anyway. I just saw a kid taking the game on. He also laid 6 tackles I think -- 4 more than Hopper who played in the guts all day on a wet deck.

To me it looks like he second guesses himself around goals now because he's apparently "selfish". Sometimes I wish he only had eyes for goal because he generally stuffing nails them
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: April 08, 2023, 09:06:37 PM »

Agree not the problem.

Exactly. I get the frustration with losing close games, I really do. Frustrates me more reading people pot the likes of Cumberland when there are far more experienced campaigners not pulling their weight

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #252 on: April 08, 2023, 09:10:30 PM »

:clapping

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #253 on: April 08, 2023, 09:12:41 PM »

Agree not the problem.

Exactly. I get the frustration with losing close games, I really do. Frustrates me more reading people pot the likes of Cumberland when there are far more experienced campaigners not pulling their weight

We’re in a weird spot.

Old legends are not the players they were.

Some promise from youth but they’re patchy and not reliable.

In summary, we’re an average side battling it out for bottom of the 8.

Tonight was a big swing game for both teams. Would have been a handy win

Broadsword

« Reply #254 on: April 08, 2023, 09:13:29 PM »

To me it looks like he second guesses himself around goals now because he's apparently "selfish". Sometimes I wish he only had eyes for goal because he generally stuffing nails them
Agreed. Cumberland is exciting and runs in straight lines -- that is to say with purpose towards the goals. We desperately need a bona fide mid-sized forward instead of resting mids around HF and he's that guy.

As an aside, I'd say also that if anything Bolton is the selfish player in our F50: he appears unwilling to play simple footy when it is required and has to be all 'Shai Bolton' all the time. Bolton and Baker are the selfish ones -- they don't seem to care about the football that someone else took the trouble to win in the contest or win on the turnover. They're the 'flashy' experienced guys who aren't pulling their weight. If it weren't for his last-minute smother I'd be dropping Baker next week and challenging him to hit 75% DE in the VFL before a recall.