Author Topic: Demetriou worries about Tigers (Age)  (Read 2921 times)

tony_montana

Re: Demetriou worries about Tigers (Age)
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2010, 12:30:07 PM »
Caro was on 3aw tonight before 7pm with Healy and Russell....

* * Richmond is the only club never to receive a first pick despite finishing last. Carlton got that pick after finishing last the previous year and then less than 5 wins the following year.

This is what I have been trying to say regardless of our past yet again we are the first club to not recieve the priority early picks and the No.1 pick. Wern't we also the first club to not of recieved pick 1 when they changed the rules a few years ago about winning less than 5 games in two years??? Didn't we actually finish last but only recieved pick 2 because the team above us (was it the Blues) had finished with winning less than 5 games in two years?? That was the first time that rule was introduced and we copped the bad end of that deal.

hang on
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_drafts?year=2004&t=N&s=P
We got Deledio first pick in 2004 a Priority Pick

2007 we got shafted by carltons tanking.

We should try and keep losing, do it properly this time like hawthorn and st kilda did, collingwood have done it too but only the one year 2002 if i remember correctly.  With a draft you need to make sure you lose and lose big for at least two years maybe 3.

So it was Carlton, we finished bottom and they finished 15th but they still got the no.1 pick.

correct!!!

pretty sure it come down to the "KRUZER CUP" in famous round 22 game. where they severely tanked. Fev on the bench in the last IIRC

Whilst we have Cotch at this point in time, Kruzer is streets ahead of him at this point in their careers.

Kruzer will be one of the best ruckman of all time IMO. He is a gem

that was the most ridiculous game i have ever seen  :lol, travis johnstone was allowed to play loose man and racked up about 30 toches to halftime, both teams were allowing the opposing sides most damaging players free reign. Melbourne did everything they could to lose that one too bc that took them above PP territory hence they've made sure to tank 08 & 09 to make up for it. Exactly whats happened to us last season so we better make it count this & next season. If we bugger this up i swear i'll give it away, there's only so much ineptness I can take