Author Topic: OER - The Coach Sacking Forum  (Read 6796 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: OER - The Coach Sacking Forum
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 10:12:45 PM »
Premature talk in sacking the coach. He is 38 games into a 3 season contract.
Yep the losses hurt and he has made mistakes but he has time to fix them.

Jack whilst I agree on you on some things its time to let it go with the sacking of the coach.
Tell you what if this time next year we are playing as badly as we have for the past month for the majority of the year then with a handful of games left we may need to look at his achievements or lack of. Until then lets not make things any worse by trying to guess who what why how and when.

We are all hurting and we all have some sort of idea what needs to be addressed and done. Terry left us in a state of disrepair list wise and that's being generous given the 10 or so that need to go this year also. Almost 80% of the list that Dimma inherited two years ago will be gone by October 31.

Yes for some of us the acknowledgement of no finals this year after our last month is a bitter pill as is the fact that the fastrack we thought was on two months ago may or may not have been the case. All I know is that the kids are standing up right now more than the senior players and that to me says something.  Furthermore when we are in a panic or we can't accept failure we seem to inevitably point our knives at the coach, we acknowledge some of these list cloggers need to go maybe we need to point the finger at them rather than the coach.

To finish up, sacking Hardwick would achieve what? Who with what calibre would we attract knowing we sacked DImma. Plus a new coach may only make token changes of a few rookies and a couple of second and third year players and what if they hold onto the so called senior core of Jako Edwards White and co? We would be having this conversation by the Anzac Day round 5 games next year saying how poo the coach is and why do we hang on to list cloggers who bring the team down.

Just go and get Malthouse

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 10:14:52 PM »
You're right, it's our fault. Maybe the club should've sacked the supporters instead of Danny. Then we would've played in 8 GF's.

Yeah, nah.

Come on, get a grip!

No one would argue Richmond fans have not been patient!

And surely 5 years is more than enough time for the last 2 idiots.

It would be idiotic to sack Hardwick this year, that bit I agree.

But people can surely point the finger at his last few weeks, he & the players have struggled - on and off field. To his credit, he pointed that out thus week in his update.

There would be very few wanting the coach sacked.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 10:16:45 PM »
has an afl/vfl coach ever taken over such a basket case and turned things around in two years? Ever?

and if you have an experienced coach, its easier,
Hafey at Collingwood
Blight at adelaide
Mark Williams took Port from bottom to top

Hafey had a core of senior players and a good group of youngsters plus full support of the board.
Blight got rid of the cancers with full support of the board united the club and went back to back.
Williams also had a core of senior players in key positions with a good core of kids. His first season he made finals his second they won 6 games and 4 years later of choking in the previous 3 seasons he one a flag.
Not entirely correct Jack.
Dimma by October 31 will have culled all but about 10 players he inherited out of 42 in August 2009. We are coming from a lot further back than either of those clubs you mention Jack.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 10:18:19 PM »
lets see who puts there head over the ball this week
lets see who doesnt get a gifted a game
lets see who kicks long this week,
The supporters didnt say the above, the coach has though

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 10:19:22 PM »
has an afl/vfl coach ever taken over such a basket case and turned things around in two years? Ever?

Hafey at Collingwood
Blight at adelaide

Hafey had a core of senior players and a good group of youngsters plus full support of the board.
Blight got rid of the cancers with full support of the board united the club and went back to back.
Williams also had a core of senior players in key positions with a good core of kids. His first season he made finals his second they won 6 games and 4 years later of choking in the previous 3 seasons he one a flag.
Dimma by October 31 will have culled all but about 10 players he inherited out of 42 in August 2009. We are coming from a lot further back than either of those clubs you mention Jack.

mate, blind Freddy can cull players, please

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 10:21:09 PM »

Jack whilst I agree on you on some things its time to let it go with the sacking of the coach.
Tell you what if this time next year we are playing as badly as we have for the past month for the majority of the year then with a handful of games left we may need to look at his achievements or lack of. Until then lets not make things any worse by trying to guess who what why how and when.

We are all hurting and we all have some sort of idea what needs to be addressed and done. Terry left us in a state of disrepair list wise and that's being generous given the 10 or so that need to go this year also. Almost 80% of the list that Dimma inherited two years ago will be gone by October 31.

Yes for some of us the acknowledgement of no finals this year after our last month is a bitter pill as is the fact that the fastrack we thought was on two months ago may or may not have been the case. All I know is that the kids are standing up right now more than the senior players and that to me says something.  Furthermore when we are in a panic or we can't accept failure we seem to inevitably point our knives at the coach, we acknowledge some of these list cloggers need to go maybe we need to point the finger at them rather than the coach.

To finish up, sacking Hardwick would achieve what? Who with what calibre would we attract knowing we sacked DImma. Plus a new coach may only make token changes of a few rookies and a couple of second and third year players and what if they hold onto the so called senior core of Jako Edwards White and co? We would be having this conversation by the Anzac Day round 5 games next year saying how poo the coach is and why do we hang on to list cloggers who bring the team down.

Again this romance of ex Richmond premiership players you have Jack. Sheedy in 2009 and Mick this year.
Mick is 58 he won't coach more than a few more years.  The RFC needs someone stoic who will coach for the next 10 and drain every ounce of talent out of the list with firm decisions a stable board and a group oh henchman with a strategy second to none. Its blokes like Cameron and march who are bringing this club down off field.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 10:23:59 PM »

Lets hope they do that but it won't stop them getting beat by a team who on Grand Final Day will have a 50% chance of winning the flag. Perspective please!!!

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 10:25:27 PM »
March and Cameron are running the place
People get put into positions for a reason ;)
As for romance, nah, i want success
and success comes from hard ruthless decisions in Football Clubs
we just ''pussy foot"' around and go around in circles, as we have done for 30 years.
Yep, give Dimma more time, nice bloke, but nice blokes dont make good coaches.
he has gone back on his word on many occassions this year, and this is only reflected by recent poor UNACCEPTABLE perfomances

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 10:26:33 PM »

Lets hope they do that but it won't stop them getting beat by a team who on Grand Final Day will have a 50% chance of winning the flag. Perspective please!!!

As I have said in other posts, its not about winning or losing, its how you play,and the way we have been playing is totally unacceptable

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2011, 10:30:53 PM »

Again this romance of ex Richmond premiership players you have Jack. Sheedy in 2009 and Mick this year.
Mick is 58 he won't coach more than a few more years.  The RFC needs someone stoic who will coach for the next 10 and drain every ounce of talent out of the list with firm decisions a stable board and a group oh henchman with a strategy second to none. Its blokes like Cameron and march who are bringing this club down off field.

once again spot on tucker.

Cameron and March are toxic. Thrown in the weights coach and FJ and we have 4 bigger problems at the RFC
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2011, 10:33:35 PM »
As I said perspective please.
Yes I agree you are only as good as your last performance but 2 months ago we were chocolates.
Two months ago we were lauding how far we had come. Most on here. We were talking about the same man.
At the start of the year we were expecting 6-10 wins and more than likely we will fall into that assessment.
A few wins in May after a nightmare start and the media writing feel good articles and we were up up and away.
We are playing with a side with kids and experienced players who don't give a crap. Blame the players who don't give a crap and bring the coach down. They need to be looked at hard and shown the door not the coach.

Offline Tigermad20011

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2011, 10:34:29 PM »
Maybe just maybe we are not good enough.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 10:35:35 PM »

Hafey at Collingwood
Blight at adelaide

Lets be honest, the last 2 drafts haven't been that great either, at years end we will probably/should get rid of Taylor, Webberley, Nason, Hicks, Contin, Westoff, Miller, Hislop. With Roberts already gone. With others a bit lucky imo (Dea, 2 games in 2 years)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »

Hafey at Collingwood
Blight at adelaide

hafey took over collingwood for the 1977 season.
1976 they had finished last
1975 they had finished 5th
1974 they finished 4th
1973 they were minor premiers

basket case or a side you had been there abouts but for whatever reason had a shocking year?

blight took over adelaide, a club only 6 years old with previous season finishes of 12th 11th, 11th and 5th,

A basket case or a middle of the road side.

Mark williams took over a club only three years old with previous finishes of 9th and 10th.
basket case?
in his first year he got them into the finals after finsihing the seaon strongly, only to drop down to 14th with 7 wins in his second.

that turning around a basket case? oh hang on Port went backwards in his second season.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2011, 10:40:41 PM »
March and Cameron are running the place
People get put into positions for a reason ;)
As for romance, nah, i want success
and success comes from hard ruthless decisions in Football Clubs
we just ''pussy foot"' around and go around in circles, as we have done for 30 years.
Yep, give Dimma more time, nice bloke, but nice blokes dont make good coaches.
he has gone back on his word on many occassions this year, and this is only reflected by recent poor UNACCEPTABLE perfomances

So if people get put into positions for a reason why would Malthouse change things if March and Cameron are pulling the strings? Mick seems quite autocratic and wouldn't want anyone or anything cutting his lunch. Just look at the friction between him and Buckley. Would March or Cameron based on what you wrote step aside for Mick then? Why waste the last two years and what of Benny Gale's role. Too far fetched Jack.