Author Topic: Dreamtime @ the 'G - Richmond vs Essendon - Round 10, 2017  (Read 16173 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dreamtime @ the 'G - Richmond vs Essendon - Round 10, 2017
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2017, 11:05:30 PM »
good to beat essendon the cheats and see some descent games from bellis, and continued good form from grigg, rance and astbury.

prestia continues to prove what a dud pick he was for pick 7.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2017, 11:12:21 PM »
good to beat essendon the cheats and see some descent games from bellis, and continued good form from grigg, rance and astbury.

Astbury has been great support for Sir Rancealot down back. I didn't even mind his faux pas given his other efforts all night long.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2017, 11:28:01 PM »

Astbury has been great support for Sir Rancealot down back. I didn't even mind his faux pas given his other efforts all night long.

would be top half dozen in our b & f in my opinion. Having a good season.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2017, 11:30:48 PM »

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: May 27, 2017, 11:31:32 PM »

Prestia will get better ;)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: May 27, 2017, 11:34:24 PM »
Couple of things:-
Don't mind what Lambert is bringing to the team.
Bellis had hid best game, any different view solid first require a concussion test
Defense working well, god help us if rance gets injured.

Was a good win. bombers cracking in, we are clearly better
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2017, 11:39:42 PM »
I'm not a fan of lambert. Must be upgraded on. Can't wait to see what we do with our picks at the end of the year

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2017, 11:41:50 PM »
I'm not a fan of lambert. Must be upgraded on. Can't wait to see what we do with our picks at the end of the year

Nullified Zac Merrett, got the pill was solid.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2017, 12:00:24 AM »

Source: Herald-Sun twitter.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2017, 12:14:07 AM »
Agree Lambert tagging role has been a brilliant invention. As in Grigg's new lease on life. Hats off to whoever is responsible for this.

I can't stand BEllis but ge he was good tonight.

Still very concerned at our obvious game plan of kicking long when opponents get numbers back. We are so small that it's very easy to defend against. Shown in our high inside50s but very low conversion.

Go Tigers!

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2017, 07:36:05 AM »
Agree Lambert tagging role has been a brilliant invention. As in Grigg's new lease on life. Hats off to whoever is responsible for this.

I can't stand BEllis but ge he was good tonight.

Still very concerned at our obvious game plan of kicking long when opponents get numbers back. We are so small that it's very easy to defend against. Shown in our high inside50s but very low conversion.
So what are we doing different or other teams doing that didn't happen in the first 5 rounds. From memory we were the most efficient team inside forward 50, guessing we are one of the worst currently.

Noticed last night when we did bomb it in we rarely had anyone at the back of packs, surely this would be a standard tactic, ask Eddie Betts.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2017, 07:37:57 AM »
Agreed Lozza, Dan Butler was dangerous in those situations and so perhaps we regain that when he returns next week

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2017, 08:03:46 AM »
Rance was outstanding. Ellis played his best game for the club for a long time. Astbury was good. I thought Lambert played well. His tackling was good. Rioli's tackling and pressure was very good. I thought Cotchin really played a good game. Bolton looks a real find. Menadue showed something in the second half. Short did not have a good game thought he was pretty average and it is a really worry regarding Elton. Hurley had a field day.

tony_montana

« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2017, 08:16:43 AM »
So what are we doing different or other teams doing that didn't happen in the first 5 rounds. From memory we were the most efficient team inside forward 50, guessing we are one of the worst currently.

Noticed last night when we did bomb it in we rarely had anyone at the back of packs, surely this would be a standard tactic, ask Eddie Betts.

Teams are flooding back with huge numbers to nullify our speed in an open fwd line not to mention Jack was starting to look very dangerous. It's a game of cat and mouse now, to see which system cracks first. As long as our team frontal pressure stays strong and doesn't allow teamscheap easy goals out the back we'll win more than we lose.

In the comp ATM you have some teams playing this flood/multiple loose men in defence (Essendon last night, Melbourne, Adelaide, Collingwood and Carlton probably do it more than most sides)  and some sides like us looking to play with frontal pressure to cause multiple turnovers in the front half. If our structures stay sound and we make it very hard for teams to break through for easy goals, they'll look for other ways as the season progresses.